Sep 27 2009
By: TheBuni I Only Post Everything 1266 posts

When Will Home Leave Beta Stage And Allow Sub Accounts To Access Home?

17 replies 4 views Edited Sep 27, 2009
I have been using home using the content restriction trick witch is good and all but im sick of having to enable it because it prohibets me from using the game launching feature because if i launch an M rated game i cannot access the online features because it says im not old enough. Anyone know when the age restriction of the beta will be lifted?
Message 1 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Re: When Will Home Leave Beta Stage And Allow Sub Accounts To Access Home?

Sep 27, 2009
Sub accounts can access Home right now, you need to have the parental controls set just right. There's been many posts that tell you just how to do it, but if I remember they must be ON and set to their lowest setting. You won't be able to access all areas though.
Message 2 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4121 posts

Sep 27, 2009
It won't, Sony did exactly what they wanted to do. Let the sub accounts access Home, but don't let them access any M-rated content.
Message Edited by Kraizedogg on 09-27-2009 09:12 AM
Message 3 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

Sep 27, 2009

Why must people continuously ask the question of when Home will be out of the Open Beta? All you have to do is use the search function and you'll get your answer? Some say that it won't when the correct answer is that it's unknown. Here's a question from a Eurogamer interview with Peter Edward, Director of Home for SCEE. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sonys-peter-edward-interview

Eurogamer: How long will the beta phase last for?

Peter Edward: Until we're ready to not call it a beta any more. We don't really get that fixated about it. Anyone who wants to access Home can, there are no barriers to entry, so in that respect it's not like there's anything holding users back.

We're still developing it, we're still working on it, we're still improving it. We'll remove the beta name when we're happy that it represents something that is not final, because it'll always be evolving, but at least represents a kind of final quality. We don't have a specific target for when that will be. 

Message 4 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Sep 27, 2009
home might never leave the beta sage bcause new syuff is always added to it!
VISIT MY ONLINE T-SHIRT SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://pruesshirts.spreadshirt.com/

Get your Portable ID!
Message 5 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Sep 27, 2009
i'm confused....i have a master account, wanted a change of name so i made this on in dec 07...I have parental settings on to access home and i have no limit as to how much money this account can spend and I can access rated M content whether in home or out...so how is it that others have trouble?
I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4841 posts

Sep 27, 2009
................. Speechless to the fact these theads never stop
♣♦

The Realm Of AnarchY

♠♥
Message 7 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Sep 27, 2009
If/when the Beta Tag is dropped, how will you know? Oh, it won't say Beta
Message 8 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

Sep 27, 2009

IXI-TheEnd-IXI wrote:
ENOUGH WITH THE FACEPALM

When will you people learn that the facepalm is old an unfunny, that and you are all overusing it ridiculously, making it even more unfunny.
Geeze, we can't even use a phrase to mean what the previous person just said is ridiculous. I never meant to be funny when I used it. I used it in what it actually means, putting my palm to my face going, wow is this person stupid? Calm down. 

Message 9 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Sep 27, 2009
If any of you bothered to read my word EXACTLY i said I CAN ACCESS HOME WITH THE PARENTAL CONTROL SET TO ON BUT THEN IT LIMITS ME FROM PLAYING M RATED GAMES ONLINE
Message 10 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes