Oct 30 2008
By: Mastagamer Fender Bender 3776 posts

Whats up with all this bull??

7 replies 4 views Edited Oct 30, 2008
I was going to get subscribe to the qore but got the email a day late after the 29 to find out I cant get  home by buying it!!  Man screw sony and this  crap system.  All I wanted to say.. Now back to playing Fable 2.
Message 1 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2299 posts

Re: Whats up with all this bull??

Oct 30, 2008
I am still pretty sure the cutoff date was the 28th, and the e-mail was sent on the 29th to discourage people to subscribe after the fact.

Message 2 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 30, 2008

I got the email this morning (the 30th), and no prior warning that there was any kind of deadline, or that the home beta was even going to be available through qore. i mean, why should we hafta pay to be testers anyway?

I registered on the home beta site MONTHS ago, and i've been very active on the PSN. i don't know how they're picking their candidates, but it seems to be kinda lopsided  

Message 3 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2299 posts

Oct 30, 2008

-Shadow_Spawn- wrote:

iamhak wrote:
I am still pretty sure the cutoff date was the 28th, and the e-mail was sent on the 29th to discourage people to subscribe after the fact.

BULL S**T! The Cutoff was ON the 29th! Not the 28th!

If the cutoff was before the 29th then the email would have said BEFORE the 29th. HOWEVER it said BY the 29th, which means you had until 11:59:59 PM EST to buy Annual and still get an invite!

Heh, your upset because if what I said is true you wont be getting an invite.
 The truth is, this  kind of language (by 10/29 and "at this time") are purposely used in things like this to leave loopholes for Sony to change the offer. Every company does it, its nothing new.
 If Sony saw too many people purchase Qore on the 29th, they may not offer it to those on the 29th. The phrase "by 10/29" can be interpreted as on and before 10/29 or just before 10/29. 

Message 4 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Oct 30, 2008

i just got my email from sony an hour ago...so i guess if i had wanted to buy qore its a good thing i check my email regularly....i am so glad i dont want qore ore home that bad or id be 3$-25$ less to buy other stuff...lol

"You're not gonna like it...Jaufree doesn't like it...The Countess of Bruma certainly won't like it.."

"I said you're not gonna like it....."
Message 5 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3776 posts

Oct 30, 2008
Sony could of had made loads of cash by selling  each invite 24.99 a piece..  I guess they dont want money.
Message 6 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5769 posts

Oct 30, 2008

iamhak wrote:

The Cutoff was ON the 29th! Not the 28th!

If the cutoff was before the 29th then the email would have said BEFORE the 29th. HOWEVER it said BY the 29th, which means you had until 11:59:59 PM EST to buy Annual and still get an invite!

Message Edited by Sir_Crono on 10-30-2008 02:47 PM
||Formerly -Shadow_Spawn- Last seen as rank Soldier.
Currently Playing - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Message 7 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
404 posts

Oct 30, 2008
That's pretty standard for sure, it could mean before or on. I bought Qore last night as i didn't have my system hooked up before then (due to moving). I also didn't know anything about the qore/beta thing until i recieved the email and thought i'd pop over to the forums to check it out. It be nice to get in the beta, but it's not what i bought qore for. The exclusive early demos and in depth looks at titles is more what i was after.

"we've come to a crossroad between the virtual and the real"
Games:
-LBP -Uncharted -Folklore -Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty -Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction -Overlord: Raising Hell
-Soulcalibur IV -Star Wars: The Force Unleashed -Lost: Via Domus -Buzz! Quiz TV
Message 8 of 8 (4 Views)
0 Likes