Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Re: Whats up with all the lame 'gangs'?

Oct 18, 2012

The real solution to this is growing thicker skin.

Does somebody insulting you on the internet really do THAT much to your self esteem?

Message 21 of 40 (196 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Oct 18, 2012

hobojohnny1991 wrote:
...Except their behavior has made more of a statement than I could have ever made. They threaten to 'mess me up' (somehow, over the Internet...) they follow me around hurling racist insults at me, and they generally go around flooding the chat with their inane threats, family recruitment messages, or insults. To label them is easily done; The 'fam' I came across were nothing but a bunch of goons with sophomoric wit and a Internet tough-guy dispositions. They were rude, racist, a few (not all) were incredibly sexist, and it just wasn't a pleasant atmosphere.

Can you honestly defend this? Is this something that should be socially acceptable? It feels like I am living in the Twilight Zone right now, where people can't have a grain of dignity or kindness.

Putting these so called "gang" people on ignore, seems like a step you should really consider.

If you do that, you never have to see the babble they type too you.

Message 22 of 40 (189 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Why not just take a step of action and work to get rid of them if they're being disruptive and just plain nasty to other people? Why should open racism and pedophilia be acceptable? Am I going slightly crazy here? Oh wait, it's the Internet, so you're allowed to do anything you want and ignore what you don't like. It's not like I'm even being unreasonable here. I should be able to enjoy something without people having free reign to call me a ***** and have cybersex with supposedly underaged people. 

Message 23 of 40 (178 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Oct 18, 2012

ipwnzj00 wrote:

The real solution to this is growing thicker skin.

Does somebody insulting you on the internet really do THAT much to your self esteem?

sadly thats the world we live in now.

people these days are too soft.

Message 24 of 40 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Oct 18, 2012

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

hobojohnny1991 wrote:
...Except their behavior has made more of a statement than I could have ever made. They threaten to 'mess me up' (somehow, over the Internet...) they follow me around hurling racist insults at me, and they generally go around flooding the chat with their inane threats, family recruitment messages, or insults. To label them is easily done; The 'fam' I came across were nothing but a bunch of goons with sophomoric wit and a Internet tough-guy dispositions. They were rude, racist, a few (not all) were incredibly sexist, and it just wasn't a pleasant atmosphere.

Can you honestly defend this? Is this something that should be socially acceptable? It feels like I am living in the Twilight Zone right now, where people can't have a grain of dignity or kindness.

Putting these so called "gang" people on ignore, seems like a step you should really consider.

I agree, there's nothing else you can do except ignore them. Either don't react to their comments, or just put them on your block list. That's what I do. Now my list is full lol.

bobs fed signature
Message 25 of 40 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Oct 18, 2012

hobojohnny1991 wrote:

Why not just take a step of action and work to get rid of them if they're being disruptive and just plain nasty to other people? Why should open racism and pedophilia be acceptable? Am I going slightly crazy here? Oh wait, it's the Internet, so you're allowed to do anything you want and ignore what you don't like. It's not like I'm even being unreasonable here. I should be able to enjoy something without people having free reign to call me a ***** and have cybersex with supposedly underaged people. 

It's not acceptable; remember though, you play on a social network where it's hard to monitor every single thing a user or group of people does. But you see, if you stand there and don't ignore the "hate" you're getting. Then aren't you just putting yourself, in the dramas way?

To be honest, I think this thread is more about it being done to others then yourself. 

Because if you count up the years of that year in your id, you wouldn't be underage.

Message 26 of 40 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

hobojohnny1991 wrote:

I agree, there's nothing else you can do except ignore them. Either don't react to their comments, or just put them on your block list. That's what I do. Now my list is full lol.

Other then report, and hoping a mod looks at it. You're right, there's really no other steps to take.

I believe our OP is forgetting to mention, that maybe he has also made comments at these "gang" people.

Message 27 of 40 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Oct 18, 2012

hobojohnny1991 wrote:

Seriously, as soon as I go into like the main lobby area, you know the one, these Jershey Shore looking mooks show up and confront me over nothing. Calling me a 'noob' because I haven't paid real cash in order to look like a fruitloop. Do these guys really not see how ridiculous they look? 

Sorry if I'm treading on toes here, and I understand roleplaying, but don't roleplay a gang and have nothing to show for it but fake tans and guns that can't shoot bullets at me. 

Are you suggesting that role playing in a virtual community should involve real guns and bullets? Woman Frustrated

Message 28 of 40 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I'm saying maybe there shouldn't be assault rifles in something about standing around hanging out with people...? Just seems to be misplaced. 

Message 29 of 40 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Oct 18, 2012

hobojohnny1991 wrote:

I'm saying maybe there shouldn't be assault rifles in something about standing around hanging out with people...? Just seems to be misplaced. 

The guns aren't supposed to be took literal.

Also, that can be said about any weapon on Home. Becaues if you saw them weapons in a literal sense, they "could" kill someone in real life.

However this is Home, and it's not like we can go around shooting players on our free will. 

(Minus bootleggers and Uproar.)

Message 30 of 40 (211 Views)
0 Likes