Treasure Hunter
4712 posts

Re: Whats up with all the lame 'gangs'?

Oct 18, 2012
I wish I could see their reactions Smiley Tongue but yes these gangs are annoying. But I've gotten used to it.
Message 11 of 40 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
353 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I think that fams/gangs are everything that's wrong with Home, and fam tag spam and their attempts at bullying should be dealt with as harsh as the most severe violation. In a time where bullying has a national spotlight, I think it's way past time something be done about groups of people doing it on here. I know there's a report option and all, but as they are reviewed, bullying should be a special circumstance where harsher penalties should be installed. 

Message 12 of 40 (312 Views)
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2012

So I'm supposed to ignore these people because nobody wants to take action against them? That's ludicrous. My avatar is a short black male with a beanie and no shoes. You know the kind of crap I've had to put up with? I've had people follow me and say; 'No **bleep** allowed'. 'What, ******* can't afford shoes?', 'No ******* allowed in Home' and all other sorts of **bleep**. I've seen twenty year olds cyber openly with 'females' (who knows) who just moments before had claimed to be 14. I'm supposed to ignore that? Racism and sexual predators. Congrats on the image that's being propagated, Sony. Continue to do nothing and pander to the lowest common denominator while shafting the honest people.

Edit: removed profanity

Message 13 of 40 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2012

hobojohnny1991 wrote:
So I'm supposed to ignore these people because nobody wants to take action against them? That's ludicrous. My avatar is a short black male with a beanie and no shoes. You know the kind of crap I've had to put up with? I've had people follow me and say; 'No **bleep** allowed'. 'What, ******* can't afford shoes?', 'No ******* allowed in Home' and all other sorts of **bleep**. I've seen twenty year olds cyber openly with 'females' (who knows) who just moments before had claimed to be 14. I'm supposed to ignore that? Racism and sexual predators. Congrats on the image that's being propagated, Sony. Continue to do nothing and pander to the lowest common denominator while shafting the honest people.

I'm sorry, but now after reading this and your user handle, I get the sense this is nothing but a troll post.

Message 14 of 40 (283 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Excuse me? My username is from one of my favorite bands, Johnny Hobo & the Freight Trains and also has to do with the fact that I was once homeless. Thankfully, I have overcome that tribulation in my life and am doing much better thanks to all the help I have received from family, friends, and figures in the community. It is just a way of helping me remember how good my life has gotten and to never forget those who have helped me get off the streets, out of the mission, and off of drugs for a clean & happy lifestyle. I'm sorry for explaining all of that, but you don't know me and I don't like it when people assume things about me based on things they can't know.
Message 15 of 40 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

hobojohnny1991 wrote:
Excuse me? My username is from one of my favorite bands, Johnny Hobo & the Freight Trains and also has to do with the fact that I was once homeless. Thankfully, I have overcome that tribulation in my life and am doing much better thanks to all the help I have received from family, friends, and figures in the community. It is just a way of helping me remember how good my life has gotten and to never forget those who have helped me get off the streets, out of the mission, and off of drugs for a clean & happy lifestyle. I'm sorry for explaining all of that, but you don't know me and I don't like it when people assume things about me based on things they can't know.

And I wasn't born yesterday.

Message 16 of 40 (267 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 18, 2012

OK...except I served six months in the City Mission of Findlay (Ohio) in the men's Christian outreach program, digging ditches, helping the rest of my crew clean the shelter, and keeping the grounds clear. It was very stressful, but I knew that if I didn't do it, my family would have nothing to do with me. I have worked hard to be where I am in life now, and I am sorry that you don't believe in your fellow man. If you think I am trolling, I will just drop the issue completely. I just think it is bad nothing can be done about a problem in an otherwise enjoyable thing. Sorry. God bless.

Message 17 of 40 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Yes, but to sit here and label them and call them names isn't appropriate either.

Message 18 of 40 (226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 18, 2012
...Except their behavior has made more of a statement than I could have ever made. They threaten to 'mess me up' (somehow, over the Internet...) they follow me around hurling racist insults at me, and they generally go around flooding the chat with their inane threats, family recruitment messages, or insults. To label them is easily done; The 'fam' I came across were nothing but a bunch of goons with sophomoric wit and a Internet tough-guy dispositions. They were rude, racist, a few (not all) were incredibly sexist, and it just wasn't a pleasant atmosphere.

Can you honestly defend this? Is this something that should be socially acceptable? It feels like I am living in the Twilight Zone right now, where people can't have a grain of dignity or kindness.
Message 19 of 40 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Oct 18, 2012

al2009man wrote:

MisaToiletSeat wrote:

this is a prime example of the trash north america imports to japan when they decide to create alternate accounts to check out japan goodies. we end up with servers that turn into the projects, and spray tanned guidos in vega masks and skinny jeans come up saying, "u in a fam?". smh.

Wait...WHAT? 

Hmmm, I think that would technically be an EXPORT of trash TO japan. Not an import.

But what do I know?

---------------
It's not enough to leave this falling kindly
You burn my star down twice as brightly
It's just your half light undertow
But if you need forgiveness....
...I don't know
Message 20 of 40 (201 Views)