Sep 30 2012
By: Pandaachan Hekseville Citizen 189 posts
Accepted Solution

Whatever happened to Neon Downtown from Gz?

21 replies 329 views Edited Sep 30, 2012

I'm just wondering if anyone knows because I've been out of the PS Home loop. (So, many good games this month..)  Last I remember the Neon Downtown was mentioned was when JP took it away because of bugs and it came back. But I haven't heard anything about it even coming to anywhere else yet we are getting clothing from the space. Even worse I hear rumors of it being discussed in EU for being  too adult.

I really hope this rumor isn't true or I will have to call BS and hypocrite. Sodium 1 has a bar. Lots of devs also make sexy clothing not just Gz. 

Just rename the drinks Orange Juice on the rocks, I just really want this space out already. It's long overdue.

(You'll probably think I'm crazy but I'm tired of beaches. lol @_@ Thank goodness for the new Arabian palace.)

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 1 of 22 (329 Views)
Wastelander
572 posts

Re: Whatever happened to Neon Downtown from Gz?

Sep 30, 2012

Neon is coming to the US. It takes time to translate, localize, test & certify all of the content at Neon.

GZ confirmed that both Neon & Edo's update will be coming to the US. We just have to give them some time to work on it.

Message 2 of 22 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 30, 2012

One has to hope it's not too far off. It's should be very popular once it arrives. 

Message 3 of 22 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
362 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

Not sure what you are talking about that you heard they took Neon away, I've been going to it since it opened and its never been taken away that I know of. The only thing they took away in anyway is the dance stage and lighting that was in the upstairs bar. Personally I don't want this space to go to the US or EU, for starters it won't translate well and people for both those regions just wont get it, meaning the whole place is just too geared around the Japanese culture.. Not to mention I would rather certain thing stay only in JP because if all regions have all the same thing what's the point of having accounts in the different places. Besides JP is so much better over all, not just the spaces, but the fact that there are no trolls or people being rude and so on all of which you have in the US and EU in abundance..

Now I'm not saying in away that I know for sure but I've never heard anywhere that Gz themselves have said that they will be bringing the Neon space to the other regions. All the talk that I've heard about this is from regular people like us on here and a few other sources but not from any official from Gz.. Not to mention that the Neon space has now been around for about a year now and all the other spaces including the New beach space which have only been around for a fraction of the time have already made the jump. So in other words if it was going to come over it would of happened Long ago..

Yes the newer versions of Edo will be coming at some point as its already in all the regions but it will not have some of the rewards that were in JP cause they were tied to a space that will Never come to the US or EU.. And to the person that claimed it takes so long to transfer a space from one region to another ummm I have to say that that is soooo far from the truth, actually its very easy and certainly doesn't take a year to do..

Oh and btw the Neon space is really just a copy off the frame work of an IREM space, the main difference is that IREM's was daytime and Gz's is a night time space and now that its been expanded is now bigger then the IREM space was.. But that's no surprise cause everything Gz does is just using the left over remains of IREM.. They have still yet to come out with an original idea of their own. Don't get me wrong I like Gz very much and enjoy there spaces but they are not the innovative company that all the "fan boy/girl ppl" would lead you to believe they are. It's easy to copy someone else's ideas. LOL..

I'll end with this, I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT, NOT BEFORE...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 4 of 22 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2691 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on their twitter that it was indeed coming, just no set date yet.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 5 of 22 (271 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
53 posts

Sep 30, 2012

i can't wait for this

Message 6 of 22 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 30, 2012

WaveLightning777 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on their twitter that it was indeed coming, just no set date yet.

They did say they were working on it but that there was no date for it's arrival. Obviously until it's officially announced we don't really know for sure. Granzella seems intent on bringing all it's content here.

Message 7 of 22 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
13271 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

Message 8 of 22 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Sep 30, 2012
U2Crazy4Me wrote:
"But that's no surprise cause everything Gz does is just using the left over remains of IREM.. They have still yet to come out with an original idea of their own."

You do realize theyre the same team of people with a different name right? You say they copy... Themselves?! L
Support Forums
Message 9 of 22 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

It will be a real shocker if it comes this week. But it will probably come to the EU first. 

Message 10 of 22 (159 Views)
0 Likes