Mar 16 2014
By: DarthGranny Wastelander 195 posts

What would YOU like to see?

20 replies 335 views Edited Mar 16, 2014

I am about to give up on making videos in Home.  It takes a huge amount of time (one of my 3 minute films usually takes about 30 hours to shoot, edit, and render), expense (location, costumes, props, LMOs), and people willing to volunteer as crew.  Then, like most of the other filmmakers in Home, I put them up on YouTube in either my Keara Kauai account or the new Lenora Sorensen YouTube account, put a link to the film here in the Forum with a new thread announcing it, and then hope that you will enjoy seeing it.  

But, I am just guessing at the kind of entertainment you want.  And some of the films get very few viewers.  So, before I put any more effort into making a film, I need your input:  what do you want to see?  more  horror movies? comedies? music videos? club activities and events?  dramas?  art house films?  or - is the answer "none, don't waste the time doing it?"

I also try to encourage other filmmakers to join me in sharing their own films in some of my threads because I think everyone should see how many truly talented people there are in Home.  Not just the few who make it into the Home theaters.  Should more of those people and their efforts be shown in this Forum? Or is there just so little interest in creative efforts that it's pointless to do?

Message 1 of 21 (335 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: What would YOU like to see?

Mar 16, 2014

Don't many of your films get shown in the PSTalent theater? They must get plenty of views there. You're talented and it would be a shame to have to stop. 

I personally like story driven films although I don't make them myself. 

Message 2 of 21 (331 Views)
Fender Bender
3027 posts

Mar 16, 2014

i would like to continue seeing deco spaces as well as tours. also keep in mind you tube is a bigger audiance and alot of home users dont go to YT for home stuff its pretty much word of mouth. But thus shouldnt me that you should get discouraged so easy. ur vids are great and u even did wonders in my inferno with no Observer witch i finnaly got the other day.

keep up the good vids and hang in there. 

original.gif

"Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!"
I like R2 options!
Message 3 of 21 (319 Views)
Gaming Beast
1569 posts

Mar 16, 2014
I'd enjoy whatever you put out on YouTube. It matters not to me the subject. Those who don't appreciate the hard work you go through to make these videos aren't worth losing sleep over. Continue doing your thing.
Message 4 of 21 (307 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Mar 16, 2014
Dont give up making them please as I have always enjoyed what you have to offer and hopefully others have as well. In fact, scratch that - I know they do. You are extremely talented. I know it is tough (& expensive) to shoot these things but you can not please everyone all the time, so concentrate on what you want to make. If people enjoy it then thats good too but at least you got out and scratched that creative itch! I guess if pressed though, I somewhat enjoy a well done love story myself or crime/drama. Whatever you decide I'm sure it will make sense. Cheers (:
Support Forums
Message 5 of 21 (305 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5826 posts

Mar 16, 2014

Why not just create a venue Hear. Call it something like "DarthGrannies Home Theater" or something along those lines. Then post your videos here. Update when needed.

I'm sure you'll get a lots of views on the Home Forums. Your videos give me a chuckle. It would be a shame if you were to stop.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 6 of 21 (302 Views)
Gaming Beast
1345 posts

Mar 16, 2014

I agree with Grand_Viceroy commit, but if u had to go and i 2 enjoy ur video, i watch at the theatre but if u had to go i like see a documentary about urself ur time on home, everyone experience home differenlty so it just a sugesstion if i had to go out with a bang i leave my mark so everyone know wow that was a great director or actor and i got to see there documentary of who they are and what insipre them to make movie, well it my idea thank so much for reading it but i agree a break in order we wont blame u, always have a cool daySmiley Happy

3298082180_6e53883a89[1].jpg

Message 7 of 21 (300 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5241 posts

Mar 16, 2014

If making videos is what you like to do then so be it and have fun making / doing it. If you feel it's taking away any time from ya other duites, whichever they may be, then by all means. As A Writer, I know it's not only be about pleasing said viewers, it should be about the will to have the abilty to create the means behind it....

Your 1st and ONLY 2-Time 2013 Digital Lesuire's Queen Of War!!~~

Never ask questions you don't wanna know da answers to!!~~

You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~

Loved by few, Hated by many, Respected by All!!~~

The Fear of Death, is far greater then Death itself,
The Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of them all!!

The Undertaker!!~~
Message 8 of 21 (294 Views)
I Only Post Everything
566 posts

Mar 16, 2014

What would I like to see? I would like to see you continue to make  videos.

Message 9 of 21 (271 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Mar 16, 2014

My advice is to make the videos you want, unfortunately a lot of the creative people left the forums long ago,,, their comics were moved to the playstation creation graveyard,,, their videos were reported or merged -  now people will only watch a few seconds of videos before getting bored (Their own words).. Short attention span - unless they are in the video,,, then that's a different story.

If you want advice maybe start a series of videos where you visit and interview some of the people on the forums in their spaces on Home,,, they will be clamoring all over you to video them to boost their popularity,,, they might even watch more the 20 seconds of it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 21 (263 Views)