Highlighted
Jul 21 2013
By: KatCall75 Fender Bender 2291 posts

What the...oh...right...summer.

24 replies 500 views Edited Jul 21, 2013

I've recently started coming back to Home after a break, and the first thing that I noticed was the sheer number of rude people running around in Home lately.  It blew my mind.  This was not the Home that I remembered.  I started having thoughts like, "is it me?"  It has to be me, right?  Maybe Home was always like this.  Maybe I'm just not "good" for Home anymore.  Yeah...maybe it's time I just stopped going.

But then I met someone who was in the exact same situation as me.  He just ran up to me and started talking like a normal, rational person, and I asked him what his Home experience has been like lately, and he described going through the exact same thing as me; that it was near impossible for him to meet anyone nice in Home.

And then it dawned on me.  Oh...right...it's summer time.

summer.jpg

Now is the summer of our discontent

I realized that I wasn't alone, that lots of people are going through this now, just like we do every summer.  I just want everyone out there who just recently started going to Home to know that, if you're having problems making friends, it's not you.  It's summer.  More specifically, it's all the kids who normally would be in class.

You're fine just the way you are.  Please don't give up, and please don't stop being nice.  We need you now more than ever.

We few, we happy few

We band of brothers and sisters

For whom today that sheds their tears with me

Shall be my brother and sister

That fought with us upon this summer's day

Once more, unto the breach, dear friends, once more

Message 1 of 25 (500 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: What the...oh...right...summer.

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2013
Welcome back (:
Support Forums
Message 2 of 25 (492 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Welcome back (:

Thanks!  It's good to see you're still around.

Message 3 of 25 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 21, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
That was not the message I meant to type. This isnt my phone and that wasnt a text :/

Are...are you trying to Jedi mind trick me?

Message 4 of 25 (460 Views)
Fender Bender
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2013
Welcome back to PS Home Katcall and yes, there are still a lot of nice users on Home, so definitely don't give up and think that things are hopeless.

Maybe stick on these forums and you will have the chance of meeting such users more often. I'm happy to hear you met a new friend and hope you meet many more, take care for now.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 25 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Does this mean I should stop collecting first-borns for the Solstice sacrifice? Smiley Indifferent

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 6 of 25 (437 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Im counting the days kat. Im looking forward to all the big bad fams reduced down to a few guys over 20 who have nothing else better to do with there lifes lol.

photo 4f082c05-f120-486c-89cf-2b897b97a2e8_zps5aafc426.jpg
Message 7 of 25 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Joe_Delta wrote:

Im counting the days kat. Im looking forward to all the big bad fams reduced down to a few guys over 20 who have nothing else better to do with there lifes lol.

winter.jpg

"Winter is coming."

winter2.jpg

Message 8 of 25 (394 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Streetwalker rule number 1.

There are no rude people.  There are only wallets and purses to be picked clean as soon and often as possible.

Message 9 of 25 (377 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6366 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Drivers Education and Etiquette Classes should be mandatory requirements taught and practiced through out all our Junior and High School Years.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 10 of 25 (357 Views)
0 Likes