Highlighted
Jul 03 2007
By: ChitoCrisis Monster Hunter 35 posts

What the...installing UPDATE? (please read)

5 replies 2 views Edited Jul 3, 2007
Ok, this is weird. lol. I tried to log on to Home Beta and it said there was an update available. So I'm there downloading the demo but it only downloads 50% of it (according to the progress bar) and it says something like "connection to the server was lost". I tried to download the update several times but it failed.

So today I try again just for the hell of it. I got the same results...however, when the lost connection (whatever) message appeared, I accidentaly pressed the wrong button. It now says "Installing Update...Please do not switch off the system." Theres also a little icon thats ground around in circles.

I don't know what to do now. It's been like this for about 15 minutes. What do you think I should do? How long does it take for the update to install?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Re: What the...installing UPDATE? (please read)

Jul 3, 2007
I have never heard of an update not installing. Have you called sony to let them know?
Message 2 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 3, 2007
It's still installing right now. 
Message 3 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

Jul 3, 2007
its normal
mine took twenty minutes to install
Message 4 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Jul 3, 2007
Well this is beta testing.  Report the problem.  I just left mine because the update took forever, when I came back it was done.  So I have no idea how long it actually takes.  If it persists call sony.
Message 5 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 3, 2007
There's a new update today or is this from last week? 

I had the same problem with losing my connection all the time so I went into my router settings and changed how my router connects to my internet. 

I had the "connect on demand, max idle time xx mins" selected.  I found out that when I have this selected, the router will disconnect if there's no activity after xx mins have passed.  Meaning that if the download stalls for a few mins my router will disconnect.

I disabled that feature and instead have been using the "keep alive redial period xx seconds" so my router will keep checking for a connection and redial if necessary.

My downloads still stall every once in a while but it's nowhere near as bad as it was before I changed it.
Message 6 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes