Splicer
89 posts

Re: What the hell is the point of home?

Dec 12, 2008

pesto wrote:
It's a good way for Sony to waste time and money on some execs pet project that could have been spent on improving the inbuilt OS/PSN.

so its not for you, but doesnt mean its a waste of time. maybe some of those peeple on right now may feel like fixing the"os/psn" would be a waste of time instead of building a social experience
Message 11 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
606 posts

Dec 12, 2008
Shouldn't that have been left to a third party to produce though?  Microsoft don't make second life a part of windows.  If Sony had spent their time focusing on their core audience instead of diversifying into unnecesary territories perhaps they wouldn't be having to fire 8000 people right now (and 8000 more temp/contract workers).  The PS3 is a truly awesome games console, that also just happens to be the best bluray player.  Hitting two home runs should be enough, actually hitting two home runs would have been cool, instead the lack of focus on core gaming needs has meant that really the one home run of the PS3 is the BluRay, the gaming side is lacklustre compared to the competition, and I don't mean just the games themselves, but the whole experience/OS/network.  XMB versus Channels and Experience, with both the others you get better online service in terms of quality of connectivity, ease of use, features and so on, basically the side that Sony can focus on for the users.  Home appeals to a small cross section very much like a specific game/product would do, but why not some other vendor making it?  Why Sony?
Message 12 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16055 posts

Dec 12, 2008

Krauley wrote:

its a chat room with keyboard or headset support but with aviatars and spaces like the bowling alley/game room or mall to do it in. like above reply 'its online social gathering', now its not for everyone but looks like a ton of people are enjoying it so i would say it is successful especially considering the cost

Sounds to me like they ar trying to get people to be social over the internet instead of in real life.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
435 posts

Dec 12, 2008
I think it would be good for certain things. I.E. Clan meetings and such .. you could gather at a summer home with mics and discuss upcomming clan matches and strategy. Other than that not sure....some of the in game video games ..pool and bowling are ok but nothing to write Home about...lol...I am a little worried with some of the language and racial slurs being thrown about by "ghetto gamers" or wannabes. The liberal use of the n word..b this, and b that, n this , n that! Totall uncalled for. I have also see names which should be removed because of racist meanings.
Message 14 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Dec 12, 2008

CptBulldog wrote:
So far I have been on for a bit trying to discover what home trully is. The only thing that is funny is the arcade games. So what is the whole point?

Home is a 3D chat area with some activities in it.

That's all it was ever supposed to be.

Honestly, what is it with you people?

Message 15 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
433 posts

Dec 12, 2008

I think HOME is setting standards for the next gen systems so the other ones will be imitiating ps3 in the future

home is like having this forum where we can socialize with other people except its 3d and more graphic driven than just typing. It also gives you something different to do if you get bored of playing games and want to just do something different.

So if you dont find what the point for home is, why are you posting in the forums?

Message 16 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1376 posts

Dec 12, 2008
as ive been saying for the past while the only true way to have fun in home is make the uglyest most vile disgusting female you can then go to a populated area and watch the comments low in =D
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Hullucinate
Message 17 of 17 (0 Views)