Jan 04 2013
By: gts1234567890 Lombax Warrior 162 posts

What the Action District needs...

5 replies 177 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

The Action District looks nice for the Atari 40th.  The delapidated house has a cool Tron vibe, the sky is filled with asteroids and the back yard with tanks.  I even enjoyed the pong video.  But I think the Action District would be improved if there were some ACTION.

Would it have been hard to set up arcades to play those games for old time's sake??  Maybe this is another old space that should go the way of Sully's Bar and Ratchet & Clank.  I didn't see anyone there and there's absolutely nothing to do.   

Photobucket
Message 1 of 6 (177 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: What the Action District needs...

Jan 4, 2013

gts1234567890 wrote:

The Action District looks nice for the Atari 40th.  The delapidated house has a cool Tron vibe, the sky is filled with asteroids and the back yard with tanks.  I even enjoyed the pong video.  But I think the Action District would be improved if there were some ACTION.

Would it have been hard to set up arcades to play those games for old time's sake??  Maybe this is another old space that should go the way of Sully's Bar and Ratchet & Clank.  I didn't see anyone there and there's absolutely nothing to do.   

While I agree it would have been nice to have actually seen some games in the redecorated Action District, I'd hate to hasten the demise of any space whether I personally visit it or not. I think we lost enough as it is

Message 2 of 6 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Jan 4, 2013

gts1234567890 wrote:

Would it have been hard to set up arcades to play those games for old time's sake??  Maybe this is another old space that should go the way of Sully's Bar and Ratchet & Clank.  I didn't see anyone there and there's absolutely nothing to do.   

that space isnt old... i agree, though, they lobotomized it by taking all the game portals out

Message 3 of 6 (159 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jan 4, 2013

This is why I didn't like what they did with removing the central plaza and adding all these useless spaces. Useless only because they worry more about clothing and furniture than the spaces themselves, and meanwhile third party devs are working on their own games and spaces. 

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 4 of 6 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Jan 4, 2013
how much you wanna bet that space gets updated wednesday
Message 5 of 6 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2036 posts

Jan 4, 2013
The Atari 40th anniversary update was a rather nice commemoration. Perhaps this space could have been more Interactive, but it's removal is definitly not nessessary.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 6 (97 Views)
0 Likes