Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: What's with the mainstream advertising...

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

I prefer Scarlett Johansson too Smiley Tongue

HomeStationMagazine
Message 31 of 43 (197 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

May 22, 2013

Gamerboy16 wrote:

I thought PS HOME was a video gaming social network community yet I see spaces advertising Dr. Pepper, Clearisil, Wrangler, Diesel, etc which have nothing to do with gaming. I have no problem with the diesel and wrangler items but advertising what we can see in fashion magazines and everywhere else is a problem on a video gaming community even if the focus is on next gen gaming. This is basically my concerns from last year or the year before last come true.

I understand your POV Gamerguy16,

Unfortunately the gaming industry is in a crunch and pinching pennies and don't want to spend money on places like Home.

So Home has to supplement this buy looking for other advertising dollars, from companies not really associated with gaming.

In the past people have criticized Home for not going after sponsors and when they do, they get criticized for the sponsors that they do get.

Granted the latest crop of advertisers are not game related - but they add funds to keep Home going.

I personally don't care for some of the prizes, and wish they did more prize give a ways like they did with Mountain Dew and 7-11 that both rewarded Home people and the business, I am sure 7-11 sold a lot of sluurpie cups over that one summer.

Anyway, if you have any ideas to make things better - please suggest them on the suggestion thread.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 43 (180 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

May 23, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

More, money, more money, more money!!!

Some people can wake up.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry to point this out, but what exactly is a business supposed to do? I'm pretty sure their main goal is to make money. Advertising pays bills, so do loyal customers like myself, Jo and so many other people on home. I don't see the problem. If sony wants to use Home as a way to bring in revenue through advertisement, it's their choice as a business. What happens after that is up to us. Either keep shopping here or find somewhere else to shop. That's a Choice, you have the option to use it.

Message 33 of 43 (165 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

May 23, 2013
Be happy they advertise. That's a sign that things are doing well.
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 34 of 43 (153 Views)
Last Guardian
9178 posts

May 23, 2013
Ads let me know the world knows home now. And if it keeps up good we will all be safe.
Message 35 of 43 (140 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

May 23, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

More, money, more money, more money!!!

Some people can wake up.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry to point this out, but what exactly is a business supposed to do? I'm pretty sure their main goal is to make money. Advertising pays bills, so do loyal customers like myself, Jo and so many other people on home. I don't see the problem. If sony wants to use Home as a way to bring in revenue through advertisement, it's their choice as a business. What happens after that is up to us. Either keep shopping here or find somewhere else to shop. That's a Choice, you have the option to use it.

I agree, Kitty, with one added note.

Advertising Revenue, may very well allow us to keep shopping on Home.

Axe, Clearasil, Dr, Pepper, Ford ; to me are all a breath of fresh air. It is interesting to see what these non-gaming corporate entities, come up with as mini-games / ads, and rewards for Home.

I welcome their presence, and ( ssshhh, don't tell anyone ) I say " Thanks" for being here.

Keeping Home healthy, and diverse, is a good thing. Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 36 of 43 (127 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
183 posts

May 23, 2013
Takes me back to the famous Robocop movie line... "I'll buy that for a dollar!!!" 👍😄
Message 37 of 43 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

May 23, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

"home doesn't need to be about $$$" Are you high?  The message of the day is all about $$$   Even their intro.

What Home do you have??

No money = no Home. Why else would they do it? Sony is a sales business. It doesn't bother me, the whole world is about sales and money.

Message 38 of 43 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

May 23, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Sorry I'm late. this was about advertising yes?

Forum Popcorn.png

Carry on..

I prefer this one personally. If any is left I'll take it to the PSTalent event which is starting soon. Smiley Happy

Erotic popcorn eating. I have absolutely no complaints about that.  The left arm is really pushing it nicely.

Message 39 of 43 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

DJ_Tiffany wrote:

Takes me back to the famous Robocop movie line... "I'll buy that for a dollar!!!" 👍😄

lol yes, and how about that same line used in the snes game " smash tv ". Big Money, Big Prizes, I love it! lol

25509-100140-goodluckyoullneeditPNG-468x.jpg

Message 40 of 43 (91 Views)
0 Likes