Feb 13 2013
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4495 posts

What's the point of having a "Support" forum...

9 replies 175 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

What's the point of having a "Support" forum if most issues never get responded to and many go unfixed?

Having experienced this first hand over the years, and browsing through this forum, there is a reason it's a commonly used phrase among many community members, "The Support Forum is where threads go to die".

In just the last few months, less than 10% of the threads in the support forum have ever gotten a response from any official Home representative, and many of the reported issues have yet to be resolved.

If it's simply a matter of not having enough personnel to handle all the problems with Home, why do they only have one tech support staff for all of NA?

Either Sony has decided Home isn't worth it, or they are horrible managers.   So which is it?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 10 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Re: What's the point of having a "Support" forum...

Feb 13, 2013

I know I can't speak for everyone that has posted issues in the past but I've never had an issue with a problem falling on deaf ears. Case in point, most recently J_W was able to quickly and effectively resolve an issue pertaining to Home items not being received when purchased through my Vita. I'm quite happy with the level of support I've received on a number of occasions. Personally I'd rather post here then call the support number which often times leaves me more frustrated.

Message 2 of 10 (168 Views)
VP of Gaming
28233 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I've received assistance from officials ancivilians on this forum. As a community, I feel that if we have the knowledge to help, we also have the responsibility to help. But that's just my thought on this matter.

For clarification, Joystick_Warrior will try to help when he can. And if it is beyond him, he will "ticket" the issue and pass it on to the proper folks (Developers) who are responsible for the content in question. Think of him as an emergency room triage doctor/nurse. Each issue will be dealt with at the lowest possible level before being moved up. 

Why bother the Developers with issues that can be resolved here on this forum? If it can't be fixed here, then it will be forwarded to the proper partys' responsible for it.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

I'm happy for you that "your" reported issues were handled appropriately,  however there are a lot more people reporting issues than just you and I and most go without any official response.

The proof is in the pudding.... Just browse through this forum and you'll see for yourself how many issues go by without any response from tech support, and many without any resolution.  It's akin to the Wizard of OZ, and they don't want anyone to look behind the curtain.

You can only chose to look the other way so many times before you are going to slam into reality or reality is going to slam into you.

This is no way to run tech support for a service that Sony claims has over 27 million registered users.  In fact, as many already know, you can't even get official tech support from Sony any other way but this forum.  If you call or email customer service they will simply refer you to this forum.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 4 of 10 (151 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28233 posts

Feb 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

This is no way to run tech support for a service that Sony claims has over 27 million registered users.  In fact, as many already know, you can't even get official tech support from Sony any other way but this forum.  If you call or email customer service they will simply refer you to this forum.

1) Betas usually have their own forum when it comes to support issues.

2) As PlayStation Home is usually always changing weekly, there is no way PlayStation Support can keep up with it. The CSRs will have great difficulty in helping people. So users are directed to come here (PlayStation®Home Support) for help.

3) See to my post above.

Message 5 of 10 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

2) As PlayStation Home is usually always changing weekly, there is no way PlayStation Support can keep up with it. The CSRs will have great difficulty in helping people. So users are directed to come here (PlayStation®Home Support) for help.

Where many never get a response and their issues are not resolved... You can paint over it all you like, but the evidience is all over this forum's history.  The system is broken and they are failing a large percentage of their customers.  Not so surprising Sony is having so many problems these days, and not just with their gaming division.  They definitely need to make some significant changes... Quickly.

Like the content in Home, Sony now also appears to be wanting to get out of the support business and leaving it largely to fellow users and 3rd party developers to offer support.  

"Like it never happened"

Message 6 of 10 (140 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28233 posts

Feb 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:
Where many never get a response and their issues are not resolved...

This will be my last post on this topic because we'll end up going in circles.

No official is required to respond to any or every posted message or PM. That is entirely up to the individual. And often, even when there hasn't been a reply, and people complain about that, a patch or repair is put in.

Just because there is no reply doesn't mean that the issue isn't being worked on.

Message 7 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
39 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I can only speak for myself in this matter. I have posted a few times in the support area, with no assistance @ all from any support team. Issues involving the random error disconnects you get while using the Home application. Errors like F13 D4505 and D5012 to name a few. Now i tried to narrow down the issues on my own since Sony offers no assistance, or maybe Home is running as intended? I realize Home is in a beta state, but after 6+ years, i would expect some improvements. And i'm seeing nothing in the way of improvements. Sony has backed out of making content and gave the excuse that they're just going to work more on stability. But yet i see no push in this direction whatsoever. Sony needs to stop hiding behind it being a Beta, and actually make some fixes. I know i'm not the only one to experience these errors on a regular bases.

I shouldn't "expect" expect errors on an hourly bases, but that is what Home has become for me. I spend money on WAY over priced content but i can't enjoy it. Because Home is just a string of frustrations. From random disconnect errors to to freeze ups. If the Sony team can't make Home work on the ps3, how can they expect 3rd party companies to make games without crashing our system. I would like to see a massive improvement as to how these disconnect issues are being fixed and taken seriously. My account has well over $2,000. spent on it and that is very small compared to some. With spending that kind of money on Home, i feel we have the right to demand results in the way of stability.

Message 8 of 10 (131 Views)
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4145 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Moved from Home Support. Cat Wink

space_cape!!

Message 9 of 10 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 13, 2013
A tech support board without any tech support team you're about to get as much help when you write to Santa Claus what you want for Xmas
Message 10 of 10 (106 Views)
0 Likes