May 14 2013
By: JulianMatisse Treasure Hunter 4056 posts

What is the BEST music device for Home?

16 replies 292 views Edited May 14, 2013
Now I know there are a lot of factors to consider, but I'm looking for some input and opinions. Price, slot usage, variety of music, ability for guests to hear it, range of sound from object, additional features (lighting, smoke, etc), and lack of errors (to name but a few), should all be considered. I bet I can get some really interesting suggestions. Plus I figure this could be a guide to other people trying to decide on party options.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 17 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Re: What is the BEST music device for Home?

May 14, 2013

Loot radio for $6.99

images.jpg

Message 2 of 17 (289 Views)
Fender Bender
1728 posts

May 14, 2013

My personal favorite is the Party Machine 2013.  I use for my homemade night club space and with only 6 furniture slots ($1.99) used it helps in that department.  The only con is 5 songs but it works very well for my purposes. 8)

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 3 of 17 (282 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 14, 2013

TSFRJ wrote:

Loot radio for $6.99

Thanks for responding! I know that LOOT has the lockdown on variety, but with all the errors they have been having lately, do you still think it's the best option?
Message 4 of 17 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 14, 2013

Jason1802128 wrote:

My personal favorite is the Party Machine 2013.  I use for my homemade night club space and with only 6 furniture slots ($1.99) used it helps in that department.  The only con is 5 songs but it works very well for my purposes. 8)

Okay, Jason, good suggestion. Does it have any additional features that might sway me?
Message 5 of 17 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12490 posts

May 14, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

Loot radio for $6.99

Thanks for responding! I know that LOOT has the lockdown on variety, but with all the errors they have been having lately, do you still think it's the best option?

Nope, not at all. Between the slot usage, lack of range and constantly screwing up, wouldn't be an option for me. I don't even own one.

nDreams has a few selections and I believe you can hear them throughout the whole space (not sure since I don't have them either).

They are only 10-12 slots.

Message 6 of 17 (263 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

May 14, 2013

If ya want actual songs that are played on RL radio, then Loots radios are the only real choice as far as I know the other versions in Home only play beats, but if your into techno type music those are good I suppose. Unsure of the slot usage on the others but the Loot ones use 15 or 16 slots. As for the issues I'm sure Loot will work them out,tho I have never had an issue listening to mine in Home 

Message 7 of 17 (254 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 14, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

Loot radio for $6.99

Nope, not at all. Between the slot usage, lack of range and constantly screwing up, wouldn't be an option for me. I don't even own one.

nDreams has a few selections and I believe you can hear them throughout the whole space (not sure since I don't have them either).

They are only 10-12 slots.

Thanks for the input Savage! With the errors I've been having with the FREE LOOT radio, I$m dubious about purchasing one of the paid versions, much less, the bundle.
Message 8 of 17 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2038 posts

May 14, 2013

My advice for music active items on PlayStation Home would be these:

The BoxBeats: Dance active item from nDreams, I find there's a lot of music for this item and it has a lot of features allowing you to pause or loop songs along with much more. (located in nDreams>Street moves>Furniture)

b42fa3e9455b51245a4beb25b259523c.png

My other recommendation would be the Romantic Fireplace active item, it plays really soothing and relaxing Jazz/classical music and the item itself looks really nice and blends in well to certain personal spaces. (located in Juggernaut>Adventure Packs>Classy Date Adventure Pack)

f8504f13f7691529246b2ad2c6b685c4.png

Message 9 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

May 14, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

Loot radio for $6.99

That and the Loot Radios use up a lot of slots (16 I think) and you have to be near them to hear them.

Juggernaught makes some really nice music players, and they all have unlimited range.  In fact, you can hear them even when you are outside the normal area of a space.

Now if you want a lot of variety, and unlimited range, and use up no slots, use an MP3 player with a USB output adapter, and assign it as your input audio device from the Home audio settings.  The only downside is that you have to hold down the R2 button in order for everyone to hear the music, and you'll have to re-press it every few seconds as it will time out after a while.  Also, if you are using an active item, like the Essence, you wont be able to use the R2 to play the music.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 10 of 17 (205 Views)
0 Likes