May 05 2013
By: docshady Gaming Beast 1581 posts

What is home?

12 replies 334 views Edited May 5, 2013

I've had a PS3 since last november but only lightly dabbled in PS home (NHL 13 was too amazing to put down!).

A friend mentioned that he uses PS home frequently.  I've played around with a few mini games but what else is there to do in home?  

Yeah, I know I can google for more info but I wanna hear from you, the people who populate it.  Whats the alure of it for you?  What do you do?  How do YOU have fun in home?

doc shady signature
Message 1 of 13 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

Re: What is home?

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

hi op  welcome to home. here is a web site where they list the games and all about home http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Home  and if you ever need to collect rewards on home alphazone4.com is a great rsourse to home. here is a video of it too of the concept of home. i hope this helps tc and have fun.

Message 2 of 13 (327 Views)
MVP Support
9038 posts

May 5, 2013

Playstation Home is a social virtual world were you can do a lot of things to have fun there are many mini games you can play many are free but some have to be paid and there also mini games that can give you reward's like clothes for your avatars,furniture for your house etc to put it simple Playstation Home is a place you visit when you are not playing and simple want to chat or explore the virtuall world and all the things it has

KANE-FIRE

Message 3 of 13 (323 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

May 5, 2013

:^/ At the programming level, Home is a text chatroom, with a 3D graphical  interface wrapped around it. There are several public chat rooms, -spaces- and private chat rooms, or spaces, each with its corresponding 3D environment. Each user is represented by a 3D avatar and has one private chat area to start with.

Other private chat areas, or spaces, can be obtained later, along with virtual furniture and clothing to customize both the spaces and avatars. The clothing and furniture can be won in games, or purchased from the stores, via micro-transactions.

;^) Basically, Home started as a matching service for online game launching, and the developers got caught up in their enthusiasm when deciding how far to extend the parallels between Home's interface and real life.

-But that's just the software side of Home. What trully makes Home what it is, and what makes it special, is the people. The ability to interact with strangers all across the country from ones living room brings out both the best and the worst in us, whichever we choose to let loose.

Personally, as one who has played video games for as long as there have been video games, I marvel at the technology that makes Home possible, and feel that it's one of the most advanced features video games have ever known.

Message 4 of 13 (288 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

May 5, 2013

^_^ I bet, there are times when even the creators wonder **bleep** home is. I bet it has gone in a direction that none of them have seen. As long as you have fun, and do not harm others it can be a wonderful place. I guess even those with darker intents have fun here in their way though too. Home is the videogame I have always wanted to play, but also a place, at times, that depresses me when I get into an argument, or someone leaves and I lose them. Home is better than RL most times for me. As a disabled person, it has opened new places for me

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 5 of 13 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

May 5, 2013

technerd1000 wrote:

hi op  welcome to home. here is a web site where they list the games and all about home http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Home  and if you ever need to collect rewards on home alphazone4.com is a great rsourse to home. here is a video of it too of the concept of home. i hope this helps tc and have fun.

Can you not help yourself from copying the same old message to every newbie thread you see? Try and make it a bit more personal, eh? Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 6 of 13 (228 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

May 5, 2013

xElfenLied wrote:

technerd1000 wrote:

Can you not help yourself from copying the same old message to every newbie thread you see? Try and make it a bit more personal, eh? Smiley Happy

Don't quote me on this, but me thinks he's an automated system Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 13 (196 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

May 5, 2013

I think home is what each individual brings into home,what ya leave when ya sign out too,it's for us,so to me it's up to us,home can be what ever ya want it to be,i love to laugh,so i keep it simple,not looking for a date,a GF,or anything else other than good friends,and ALOT of great memories,just like in rl,keep it simple..lol..some take it WAY too serious in mho..but thats ok too,thats them..live and let live.I could go on and on but i wont,I LOVE IT..and i'm not going anywhere,can't wait to see what happens next!..Smiley Wink                              Beach_20130107_153743.jpg

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 8 of 13 (180 Views)
Fender Bender
2672 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

I like decorating apartments the best.

Spaces (games?) like FUBAR (a war game best served by using friends), HOME TYCOON (build a city or cities) and Bramblenook Farm (grow crops, feed animals, chop wood and decorate the farm house and sorrounding area) are my favorites for the most part.

Some people including me like public spaces from the old Dolphin Races (you have to buy a Dolphy space to raise a dolphin to race) to the new Acorn Park which still has bugs in it. Public spaces are free to visit but there are enticements to spend money.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 9 of 13 (161 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

May 14, 2013

It has a certain niche in comparison to other mmo types, PS Home is not my first or second mmo. I'd say it's more cut-&-dried or a bit less sophisticated than others, it has its own pros & cons like not having to worry about assembling a full raid-team with the right people that have just the right character for some 10 part quest that rewards a unique armor piece like a helmet, or else not having to worry so much about ninja-looters. If you wind up with a lot of clothing which would mostly be from purchases, you have to eventually use storage for some items. In other mmo types your inventory could be near endless & you could probably spend hours to maybe days looking for something you specifically know you have, unless you have an app helper.

It gives other gamers what they like socially & still relies a lot on personalization as far as just in home is concerned, hacks & exploits are one of the cons of every mmo out there, though it has happened with home, it has been worse elsewhere, depending on point of views.

Many others keep watch for free &/or unique items to collect, or rare items for collecting which is also fun. As time goes on, rewards & games, or contests pertaining to home rewards/items, are also part of what make home fun, & developers become interested in home.

Message 10 of 13 (109 Views)
0 Likes