Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Re: What is a noob?

Aug 24, 2013
To me its when you truly grasp the scope size of home which on avg is about 6 mos for most ppl
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 21 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Aug 24, 2013
I hate the tiny kb on my phone. Shoulda had and in between scope size
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 22 of 31 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Most n00b on home I don't mind so much, it is the ones who mistake  Home for a dating service or the" Christmas" noobs I don't like seeing. Even trolls can be useful if they are entertaining though.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 23 of 31 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Aug 24, 2013

I shall explain this very clearly so that your mind will fully understand what a noob is.

Ur mom is a noob, **bleep**. Smiley Happy

FF14 WAR
Message 24 of 31 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
446 posts

Aug 24, 2013
It was explained to me years back on the uncharted forums a noob was a brand new player not in the know of the fine Intricacies pertaining to that game, however they had the abilities to obtain the skills to "up their game". As opposed to a "Newb" that had quite some time logged in playing , however had never improved their game. Thus they were at a plateau of their skill set never to advance their game to the next level.
Now as to pshome, in my opinion the "person in defaut clothing" answer holds some validity as to the general perception of what a noob would be considered is such.
However ( imo ) the majority in noob clothing I find to be those that have spent quite the small fortune in virtual clothing and prefer to enjoy harassing those unsuspecting, minding their own business folks,in default clothing. I find fault in those said "fake" noobs perpetuating the notion all default "noobs are simply trolls. Which simply is not true.
bob-maul wrote:
It was like me trying to prove Half Life 3's existence by finding three bananas in my fruit bowl.
Message 25 of 31 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Basically, noob is a fictional word made up by and used by professional couch potatoes that is used to make fun of anyone that doesn't know what they are getting themselves into yet.

@buckallmighty 
that would be like saying LOL OMG wt F are fictional and made up

it's not "fictional" if it's based on a true story... it's as real as the discussion taking place in this very thread. not "made up" either since it was derived from root terminology to become the slur it is today. more of an evolution took place than spontaneous generation... which is ironic and symbolic since n00bs can and will eventually evolve to L337 status! (if they don't take the H4X0R path of course)

hey, some of my best spuds are couch potatoes!

as for everyone else trying to mash n00b with "default", this might burst your bubbles...

WHAT IF I TOLD U

you can be L337 without $ on your wardrobe...

understanding the controls

interacting with anyone seamlessly

blocking trolls like a boss

navigating the lobbies

playing the games masterfully...

but. still. wear. default. clothing.

n00b = default; doesn't really make sense now does it?

that's because n00b is experience oriented, and "default" as you say is wardrobe oriented

know the difference, it could save your lives!

+ mods + memes
Message 26 of 31 (103 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Aug 24, 2013
Quotes like lol and omg are acronyms not individual words.

And i didnt mean couch potato as a insult, Im a couch potato too. Just not going to try to pass off being one as claiming to be elite.
Message 27 of 31 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
23 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

Character from Kombate Mortal (Mortal Kombat)

Noob Saibot

Adios!

Message 28 of 31 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Aug 24, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Quotes like lol and omg are acronyms not individual words.

And i didnt mean couch potato as a insult, Im a couch potato too. Just not going to try to pass off being one as claiming to be elite.

...right.

regardless, that doesn't make them irrelevant in illustrating the point.

+ mods + memes
Message 29 of 31 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

fantabulicious wrote:

buckallmighty wrote:
Basically, noob is a fictional word made up by and used by professional couch potatoes that is used to make fun of anyone that doesn't know what they are getting themselves into yet.

@buckallmighty 
that would be like saying LOL OMG wt F are fictional and made up

it's not "fictional" if it's based on a true story... it's as real as the discussion taking place in this very thread. not "made up" either since it was derived from root terminology to become the slur it is today. more of an evolution took place than spontaneous generation... which is ironic and symbolic since n00bs can and will eventually evolve to L337 status! (if they don't take the H4X0R path of course)

hey, some of my best spuds are couch potatoes!

as for everyone else trying to mash n00b with "default", this might burst your bubbles...

WHAT IF I TOLD U

Spoiler

you can be L337 without $ on your wardrobe...

understanding the controls

interacting with anyone seamlessly

blocking trolls like a boss

navigating the lobbies

playing the games masterfully...

but. still. wear. default. clothing.

n00b = default; doesn't really make sense now does it?

that's because n00b is experience oriented, and "default" as you say is wardrobe oriented

know the difference, it could save your lives!

In your example, presumably the user in question would win rewards for playing these games so well, right? Then why wouldn't they be wearing their rewards, instead of the boring old "default" clothing? I mean, that's what I did for a long time. Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 31 (83 Views)
0 Likes