Mar 09 2007
By: PSMAN07_TSB Keyblade Wielder 10063 posts

What ideas of Home can bring to gaming

12 replies 14 views Edited Mar 9, 2007
This thread is for the ideas that Home can virtually add something to gaming. So with that said what do you think Home can bring to gaming.

Please Post all thoughts and Comments, Every thought and comment will be appreciated, Thank You

My thoughts are that Home can bring things to the created player feature, like the create a player feature in games would be compatible with the avatar from Home, that way you can play a game like Soul Calibur or NBA 2K7 and upload your Avatar, then you trick him/her out on the game to make it to your liking, also there should be a feature of exporting your Avatar as they are in the game that way if you have a created character you really like then you will have them at all times. Ok I am open to critism so please rate my idea (as well as post your own thoughts) and tell me what you think about, Thanks for Listening
Message 1 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Re: What ideas of Home can bring to gaming

Mar 9, 2007
Well you're in luck...

"1UP: But can you somehow integrate those into the games themselves or or are you only pulling assets from games into Home?
Harrison: We're actually discussing this with a few developers at the moment, about taking your avatar -- the character you create within Home -- and actually moving that into games so that you can play with that character. There are some technical challenges -- it's not completely easy to do that because of different file formats and different animation systems -- but it's something we're looking into."

Taken from a larger interview found here.

What else do I think Home can bring to gaming? Well, you know how like, in old PS2 games if you had a Save Game file on your memory card, and popped in a game made by the same developer or something, it would read that data and give you a little extra or two? Well, I think the same could be done for reading the Trophies you've aquired in your Hall of Fame, or maybe what items you've bought that relate to a certain game or developer. Things like that which would unlock little goodies in the game itself. Nothing big, because we don't want Home to monopolize our games, we want them to work hand in hand. But just little fun stuff.

Message 2 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 9, 2007

TheLostChild wrote:
Well you're in luck...

"1UP: But can you somehow integrate those into the games themselves or or are you only pulling assets from games into Home?
Harrison: We're actually discussing this with a few developers at the moment, about taking your avatar -- the character you create within Home -- and actually moving that into games so that you can play with that character. There are some technical challenges -- it's not completely easy to do that because of different file formats and different animation systems -- but it's something we're looking into."

What else do I think Home can bring to gaming? Well, you know how like, in old PS2 games if you had a Save Game file on your memory card, and popped in a game made by the same developer or something, it would read that data and give you a little extra or two? Well, I think the same could be done for reading the Trophies you've aquired in your Hall of Fame, or maybe what items you've bought that relate to a certain game or developer. Things like that which would unlock little goodies in the game itself. Nothing big, because we don't want Home to monopolize our games, we want them to work hand in hand. But just little fun stuff.

Thanks I didn't see that. Great Idea IMO
Message 3 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 9, 2007
Okay I haven't seen this in the speeches either so, heres my next thought/question is there any way where you customize your own clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. and be able to buy them, just in case you all don't get what I mean like were you go to a companies site or something and customize what you want and then check out and pay to get your item, is that possible with Home.
Message 4 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Mar 9, 2007

PSPMAN07 wrote:
Okay I haven't seen this in the speeches either so, heres my next thought/question is there any way where you customize your own clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. and be able to buy them, just in case you all don't get what I mean like were you go to a companies site or something and customize what you want and then check out and pay to get your item, is that possible with Home.

Absolutely. In fact, sorry to burst your bubble, but it was mentioned in the Keynote address. They had their character try on a Heavenly Sword shirt and I believe a Resistance Shirt. SO you'll be able to either earn these shirts/accessories, or buy them from the shop, that however, is up to the developer I believe.
Message 5 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 9, 2007

TheLostChild wrote:

PSPMAN07 wrote:

Absolutely. In fact, sorry to burst your bubble, but it was mentioned in the Keynote address. They had their character try on a Heavenly Sword shirt and I believe a Resistance Shirt. SO you'll be able to either earn these shirts/accessories, or buy them from the shop, that however, is up to the developer I believe.

Well Yeah I know that, but like can you actually go out and create your own style of clothing, I mean yeah I know you can earn the clothing and get some from buying games and buying content from the store, but like say I wanted to make like a shirt with a pic in the front, could I use like my Avatar or a pic from my Hard Drive to create my own things.
Message 6 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Mar 9, 2007

PSPMAN07 wrote:

TheLostChild wrote:

PSPMAN07 wrote:

Well Yeah I know that, but like can you actually go out and create your own style of clothing, I mean yeah I know you can earn the clothing and get some from buying games and buying content from the store, but like say I wanted to make like a shirt with a pic in the front, could I use like my Avatar or a pic from my Hard Drive to create my own things.

Oh I understand what you mean now. That's a good idea actually. Well, if they let you do it for Picture Frames, I don't see why they wouldn't let you do it for shirts. but that is a very cool idea.
Message 7 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Mar 11, 2007
Yeah, Home should use that feature. Imagine playing multiplayer Splinter Cell Games with your own avatar. I hope they do it. Sounds like there is a little bit of a barrier there, but hopefully several developers will use this feature. And how cool would it be when you unlock trophies you get a t-shirt? I really hope Sony lives up to its promise and goes b3yond!
----------------
Gaming Bits
http://www.gamingbits.com
News For Your Itchy Gaming Finger
Message 8 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3195 posts

Mar 11, 2007

PSPMAN07 wrote:

TheLostChild wrote:
Well you're in luck...

Noob question what does IMO mean
Photobucket
Message 9 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 11, 2007

steveo6890 wrote:

PSPMAN07 wrote:

TheLostChild wrote:
Well you're in luck...

Noob question what does IMO mean

No I was in the same boat a while ago, it means "In my opinion"
Message 10 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes