Dec 08 2012
By: footballrule Keyblade Wielder 9679 posts

What ever happened to Game spaces?

15 replies 319 views Edited Dec 8, 2012

A recent title, Far Cry 3, has released for all platforms. I was wondering, why doesn't Home get game spaces anymore like they used to? No Resident Evil 6 space, no Far Cry 3, though there was a Far Cry 2 space in the early days of Home. I guess there won't be anything for Bioshock Infinite, or even God Of War: Ascension.

Do game developers not look to PS Home for advertising anymore?

Message 1 of 16 (319 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: What ever happened to Game spaces?

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

Our Home staff doesn't scout for game developers who are interested in advertising in Home anymore, there's the problem. They rather put more crap in Home weekly and make a quick buck off the impulse buyers and shopaholics than use their resources and put on cool events. 

Blame our Home staff. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 16 (312 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 8, 2012

footballrule wrote:

A recent title, Far Cry 3, has released for all platforms. I was wondering, why doesn't Home get game spaces anymore like they used to? No Resident Evil 6 space, no Far Cry 3, though there was a Far Cry 2 space in the early days of Home. I guess there won't be anything for Bioshock Infinite, or even God Of War: Ascension.

Do game developers not look to PS Home for advertising anymore?

We've been talking about that. Sadly we lost a lot of real game spaces. We are the only region who lost them besides. RE5, Sully's, Far Cry, Ratchet and others are still in other regions. Why they were pulled here only hard to say.

And no it doesn't seem we are getting new ones to replace them.

Message 3 of 16 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Dec 8, 2012

I don't get it. I think this is why I haven't been on PS Home in about 4 months. I hardly even check this forum or the official blog anymore. Home gets filled with so much weird junk now that I just lost all interest. I liked the new game spaces as they helped me understand a game a bit more. It was a great site to see. I liked talking with random gamers in those spaces about the game.

I wonder what Phil Harrison thinks about PS Home when he sees it today. It is nothing like it was intended to be.

Message 4 of 16 (290 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
823 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

If our Home team and developers ever decided to actually do their job and try to get game content in Home, it would bring in more people and satisfy current gamers who, like me, actually want new game spaces and content. I have been a huge fan of Home for a while but this year has been a disappointment for me personally because I prefer game related content. The Home team can get game related stuff in Home if it was a high enough priority but it isn't. They are focusing on impulsive buyers to make money and are putting player's satisfaction to the side in place of money. I have not played Home much at all recently and reverted back to hardcore video gaming, despite all the new Home based games and content we have been getting because of the lack of game-based items. The lack of it is really making me dislike Home and it bores me more than it ever has. Hopefully there will be some in the near future but so far, there are no signs that it will happen.

Message 5 of 16 (287 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Shinra_Soldier7 wrote:

If our Home team and developers ever decided to actually do their job and try to get game content in Home, it would bring in more people and satisfy current gamers who, like me, actually want new game spaces and content. I have been a huge fan of Home for a while but this year has been a disappointment for me personally because I prefer game related content. The devs and those from sony can get game related stuff in Home if it was a high enough priority but it isn't. They are focusing one impulsive buyers to make money and are putting players satisfaction to the side in place of money. I have not played Home much at all recently and reverted back to hardcore video gaming, despite all the new Home based games and content we have been getting because of the lack of game related content. The lack of game content is really making me dislike Home and it bores me more than it ever has. Hopefully there will be some in the near future but so far, there are no signs that it will happen.

Yeah, I understand. I liked dressing my avatar as a game character and exploring the game spaces. The last time I got to do that was with Killzone 3 I think. The flying helghast was cool and the torn Central Plaza went well with it. I wish they would do that with Call of Duty, but Activision advertises COD enough with it being the best selling every year. I was hoping Far Cry 3 would get a game space. I'm looking forward to getting the actual game this month.

I too have left Home for quite some time and see no reason to come back at all. My favorite thing about Home back when it launch in 2008 was the focus of Game spaces. We are gamers after all, not just shoppers. Home has turned into a complete virtual Mall.

Message 6 of 16 (279 Views)
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Dec 8, 2012

footballrule wrote:

Home has turned into a complete virtual Mall.

This about sums it up quite nicely.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 7 of 16 (266 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Well NA home has yes last time i did go on the NA ver all i ran into was haf nude ppl and adds for dumb looking stuff but i will say and point out i wish other ver of home {JPN} had the tekken x street fighter space or the one with all the sand i for get the name but at least there is hope that some new spots for games do come

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 8 of 16 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Dec 8, 2012

I really can't help but think it has to do with politics.

In the gaming community, Home isn't respected that much.  Gamers like to make fun of Home, and critics just have a field day ripping us apart.  The reason why, I believe, is because while most gamers are happy hiding the fact that they've not much of a social life, we're actually trying to do something about that.  See, we represent to them what they fear everyone will find out about them, we want friendships.  This is why they love to say that no one in Home games, because they want to distance themselves from us, out of fear people will know that they've no friends.

Because there's so many people shredding Home, a developer outside of Sony will probably have someone close to them who will tell them it's a waste of time dealing with us.  That it might send a negative message to those that would otherwise be interested.  Or that there's no one in Home that would be interested, because none of us are gamers.

Still, this doesn't explain why we don't have content from exclusive titles.  Once again, I believe the problem is politics.  I suspect someone above Home is purposly stopping us from being able to get this content, because they simply don't appreciate Home.  Home was never something this person imagined in a gaming community, so they are purposly neglecting us hoping we'll just go away.

We're not going anywhere.  The reason why is because Home is a success.  It was, and still is, a brilliant concept ahead of it's time.  We generate more income for Sony than any game, music, or movie, and the reason why is not because we all like to just buy fake clothes and talk about them (though we do that), but because we buy these clothes to better connect with those around us.  See, we come and stay in Home, because we actually care about the people in Home.  This is the concept the doubters can't understand, and why they can't appreciate us.

We're loyal, we're social, and we've got money.  If a dev thinks their too good to work with us, then that shows they have absolutely no idea how to run a business.

The only thing I can say to them is have fun scrapping a living catering to people that don't like each other.

Message 9 of 16 (228 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Dec 8, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

footballrule wrote:

Home has turned into a complete virtual Mall.

This about sums it up quite nicely.

As I've stated before.

Everything just about it in NA, has a price tag.

Message 10 of 16 (212 Views)