Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Re: What do you want to see in a Personal Space?

Jan 23, 2010
Sell them for 2 bucks or less, otherwise I really have no use for them. I don't entertain people in my space. If I'm in my space, it either means I plan to be away for more than a minute or two, or that I'm about to log out.
Message 11 of 31 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 23, 2010

Okay, I'm the minority here, but I really love the Wizard's Den and the Paris Clock Tower. They are lovely fantasy spaces. Why should I have a house in Home that looks like my house in real life? Aside from the greater ease in housekeeping (no vacuuming, no doing the laundry) I don't see the advantage. I want my virtual spaces to spark my imagination and suggest stories.

I was thinking about new spaces this morning, and here are some ideas I came up with:

1) The Explorer's Cottage.  This would be in the tropical forest of Bali, near Ubud. It is raining outside. Water drips from the thatched roof. The sound of rain and thunder mix with the cries of tropical birds, and the whisper of a distant gamelan orchestra. Inside, the structure is all natural materials -- carved wood, woven mats, roughly-dressed stone. The furniture is exotic, and souvenirs of the explorer's career hang on the walls or sit on the tables. Light is provided by oil lamps.

2) The Steampunk Dirigible.  This space is a gondola hanging from a gigantic airship. The countryside slowly slides by below. The structure and furnishings have a lot of brass and gears and polished leather in them. There is a minigame involving shooting things from the bridge of the airship. An assortment of steampunk costumes is available for the truly obsessed.

3) The Cave. This space is a campsite set at the mouth of a cave. The view is forest, just after sunrise. (Since the campsite is on a cliff, we can't get down into the forest -- it's all scenery.) The space extends into the cave, which is lit by flickering torches. The inner rooms are lined with glittering crystals and stalactites; some rooms may have prehistoric paintings on the walls. Blind fish lurk in subterranean pools. The campsite includes a campfire. Available furnishings include animated torches, spelunking gear, and a sleeping bag.

Seal

Message 12 of 31 (443 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Jan 23, 2010

What I really want is a Japanese Zen Garden.   I want an inside tea area, a outside waterfall, and a big area with sand and rocks so I can rake a design.   A peacefull place to chill after gaming.

Message 13 of 31 (443 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5846 posts

Jan 23, 2010
what i would like to see is an apt. with diffent rooms. they sell bathroom and bedrooms so why not make an apt with a bedroom and a bathroom the loot apt has a kitchen and that is great now all they need to do is add these rooms also.
visit our webpage @ http://enchelada.pshomegazette.com/

friend me on fb @ http://facebook.com/TheWholeEnchelada

follow me on twitter @ http://twitter.com/WholeEnchelada

whatch the show on youtube @ http://www.youtube.com/user/cheladapsn?feature=mhee

Dont eat the hot dogs, dont eat the subs EAT THE WHOLE EN-CHELADA!

Message 14 of 31 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 23, 2010

SE7EN_1969 wrote:

What I really want is a Japanese Zen Garden.   I want an inside tea area, a outside waterfall, and a big area with sand and rocks so I can rake a design.   A peacefull place to chill after gaming.

Yes! I would love a space like that.

Message 15 of 31 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Jan 23, 2010

I would love to see a Times Square Apartment (outside). Wouldn't that be epic

Message 16 of 31 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jan 23, 2010

We need some nature-themed spaces. (The cave that SealWyf mentioned sounds great!)

I'd really love a Forest Campground. With paths through the woods that you could walk. A little babbling brook with a fallen log bridge & maybe another mini game. (Fly fishing, anyone?Smiley Wink) Maybe a nature-themed game, like a wildlife "hunt" where you take pics of different kinds of animals & birds, complete with rewards for certain numbers of animals "captured" by you.

You could also make this a Hunting Camp with the same features, but shoot the animals with a gun instead. Have penalties for shooting endangered animals or animals out of season.

Maybe a Himalayan Base Camp with Sherpas & a climbing (or in my case, falling Smiley Very Happy) game.

Perhaps an Antarctic Research Base with an "Out-Run the Polar Bears" game? (Smiley Very Happy jk about the polar bear game!)

Photobucket
Message 17 of 31 (443 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Jan 23, 2010

Paris clock tower is the first space to catch my eye, but the whole space is just so open.  Are there any nice room dividers?  Before now I've been using Dig Dug cabinets and Siren alcoves Smiley Tongue  I like spaces that have at least one secluded room, like the wizard's den or the ghostbuster's firehouse. 

The new classical French furniture sparked my interest in getting a personal space, but none of the available spaces seem to match them, besides the clock tower.  I'd like a space  with a 19th century feel to it, like the steampunk space somebody mentioned or something out of a Dickens novel (maybe I can suggest Scrooge's apartment in the next Christmas thread, it'd be awesome to fill that place up with old chairs and carpets and have a giant tree next to the fire).

Also, I'd like a space like the pirate galleon except you can go below deck, and there's a galley and a captain's cabin and a brig.  To differentiate it from the existing space they should have it out at sea, and have dolphins and whales surface every once in a while. Maybe, off in the distance you can see the island where the other pirate galleon is docked.

Is there anything the OP would like to see in a space?  

Message 18 of 31 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Jan 23, 2010
i dont mind the spaces they have releases, but I still havenlt bought any. I want more things to do in the spaces. The Neptune, Waterfall, and Pirate spaces have been tempting, but if I had other games similair to the chess or pool, that I could put in my space, I would definatly buy some.

Spaces that have their unique built in games are a great idea, but I want to play a few games with friends and not be limited and have to jump from space to space.

With more "real" things to do in spaces I think there would be more reason for me to purchase.
16565 posts

Jan 23, 2010

My hope is that whatever we ask for the Sony team hands of to a developer that is willing to make it.

Fishing. Check. /see terrace

drinks. Check. /see Sodiumone-Scorpios

Now if they can just..

HomeStationMagazine
Message 20 of 31 (443 Views)