First Son
20 posts

Re: What do you think of Home?

Sep 15, 2013

killedby420giirl wrote:

I also take my friends SERIOUSLY but thats about it...i love home, its not dying yet. It's a nice place to relax with friends between gaming sessions. That's WHAT i think of home (not HOW). You are welcome for the grammer lesson! Now you might get taken seriously!

I

I

grammar

70/100

C-

Message 41 of 77 (346 Views)
Fender Bender
3901 posts

Sep 15, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

How do you think of Home? In other words, how seariously do you take it? In my opinion I see not much point in besides from getting free stuff from now and then. 

Smiley Tongue

From, 

A Off-Topic Reg

FiveFourteen wrote:

How do you think of Home? In other words, how seariously do you take it? In my opinion I see not much point in besides from getting free stuff from now and then. 

Smiley Tongue

From, 

A Off-Topic Reg

It needs to go to PS4 to evolve. That's all i'm going to say...

Message 42 of 77 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Sep 16, 2013

I think of home as an interesting experience,  I like all I am able to do  there. Even my therapist says this is good for me, because I am socializing. In RL, I am anti-social. I love how on home I can look anyway I want to look, and do many things I have little or no chance to do in RL, I hope Home in some form will always exist

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 43 of 77 (309 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Home is a failed gaming social experiment that has turned into a den of shut-ins suckered to purchase pretend clothing to make them feel special because they take it far too seriously. 

ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 44 of 77 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
202 posts

Sep 16, 2013

SmokingPistol said : you have to take part in something to enjoy your time fully. Whether something social or a game or an event or an experience - something that binds you to the service and/or its community. You eventually develop a financial and emotional investment in the content you purchase and people you meet.

That matches my feelings and experience with Home. 

In the year that I have been on Home, I have met a lot of wonderful people, who have involved me in activites like: Decorator Clubs, Fashion Modeling, Video Production, parties, games and other activities.  I have laughed and cried, been challenged, enlightened and delighted.  I found love.. and am happily married.. all on Home.  My online friendships have extended well into the real world.

It is never boring, because there are real people behind the avis, not an artificial intelligence with predictable behavior.  It is a constantly changing landscape of new items and spaces with new and fresh opportunities for fun and interaction.

I know that there are some who are highly critical of Home and those who use it, but it's really none of their business how I choose to spend my time or money.  I am sure that there are things that they do which could be criticized if they were made public, but they lack the guts to be honest and somehow miss the meaning of a social environment.

I like Home, and I hope it comes to the PS4.  If not, I would miss it.

Message 45 of 77 (296 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Sep 17, 2013

Oh give me a break! At least I an speak properly.

Message 46 of 77 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3240 posts

Sep 17, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

Smiley Tongue

From, 

A Off-Topic Reg

I use it for the free stuff but also when I want to take a brek from gaming, its not a bad place to go.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 47 of 77 (252 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2013

;^) Playstation Home is what we make of it. We can customize our spaces and avatars to suit our tastes, from prehistoric caveman days to space-traveling future days, and any era in between. Tropical islands, old west saloons, underground caves, underwater hideouts, yachts in the arctic, islands floating in the sky, lakeside cabins, tree houses, firehouses, gloomy houses on the stormy coast, four-piece mansions, and on and on. All of these and more can be decorated in whichever styles match our tastes.

Likewise, our avatars are similarly customizable, in nearly infinite varieties. We can match ourselves as closely as we wish, or be anything else we want, instead. We're truly limited only by our skill.

There are also dozens and dozens of public spaces, with mini-games to win prizes and so on. But the best feature of Home is its population. Through Home, one can strike up conversations with strangers from all across the region, and/or play games together. The Internet's anonymity is in full strength with Home. It brings out the best and the worst in us, whichever we choose to let loose.

Home has grown immensely since it was conceived and rolled out, and in ways that were never intended or even imagined. Home has been a learning experience for Sony and its developers.

:^/ On consoles, there truly is nothing comparable to Home. Nothing rivals what Sony has created here, and I dearly hope that it continues in some form or other for as long as Sony continues making consoles. Home isn't what it was originally intended to be. Instead, it's become something far more amazing.

Message 48 of 77 (242 Views)
Fender Bender
1571 posts

Sep 17, 2013
Well said Danger_Dad! Great summation of the wonders of Home. For me Home started as a diversion during a lengthy recovery while awaiting surgery. Like many of you, I bought my PS3 for games and just happened upon Home by clicking on the icon.

Being home bound in real life, Home affords me a way to socialize, travel, and play games. It gives me a sense of adventure and exploration like no single game. I run a Home club now, where we get together for parties, contests, and games. No two days are ever alike on Home.

More than anything, I have built a solid base of friendship with numerous individuals. They are a fine yet quirky bunch that I am proud to call my friends. I too can only hope that Home survives, but if not there will be other gaming worlds to explore with my friends.

Smiley Happy Mur
Posted Image
Message 49 of 77 (215 Views)
Survivor
1041 posts

Sep 17, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

;^) Playstation Home is what we make of it. We can customize our spaces and avatars to suit our tastes, from prehistoric caveman days to space-traveling future days, and any era in between. Tropical islands, old west saloons, underground caves, underwater hideouts, yachts in the arctic, islands floating in the sky, lakeside cabins, tree houses, firehouses, gloomy houses on the stormy coast, four-piece mansions, and on and on. All of these and more can be decorated in whichever styles match our tastes.

Likewise, our avatars as similarly customizable, in nearly infinite varieties. We can match ourselves as closely as we wish, or be anything else we want, instead. We're truly limited only by our skill.

There are also dozens and dozens of public spaces, with mini-games to win prizes and so on. But the best feature of Home is its population. Through Home, one can strike up conversations with strangers from all across the region, and/or play games together. The Internet's anonymity is in full strength with Home. It brings out the best and the worst in us, whichever we choose to let loose.

Home has grown immensely since it was conceived and rolled out, and in ways that were never intended or even imagined. Home has been a learning experience for Sony and its developers.

:^/ On consoles, there truly is nothing comparable to Home. Nothing rivals what Sony has created here, and I dearly hope that it continues in some form or other for as long as Sony continues making consoles. Home isn't what it was originally intended to be. Instead, it's become something far more amazing.

I totally agree with you, Danger Dad.

Well, I joined Playstation Home after my elder relative's suggestion. Actually, I was not interested in talking with strangers on the internet at all. I was only interested in the computer graphics and curious how the developers create the virtual worlds.

Later, I found that finding the glitches in Home is very enjoyable. Still, I don't enjoy talking to strangers in Home. There are many users sending me friend requests just for asking for money and free stuff from the gift machine. Now I don't add any new friends.

I'm glad that I met you, Danger Dad. I appreciate your help to make me understand more about computer science. I really enjoy conversation with you.

What do I think of Home?

Well, I'm just a young person from Asia, came to the United States for better education. Amazingly, some spaces in Home remind me of my homeland country. I always feel like I go back to my home when I visit these spaces. One of my favorites is the Dream Island.

There is a real island similar to this space in my homeland country. I wish I could build a house there. Nobody is allowed to own this island because it is a part of the national park.

DSC01254.JPG

Message 50 of 77 (192 Views)