Fender Bender
1473 posts

Re: What do you do about begging on Home?

May 31, 2013

Anyone sends me a friend request asking for help? Alright, I'm willing to help them, just as I did last night for 3 people on home.

Anyone sends me a friend request asking for money or stuff? I just say NO and walk away.

Anyone becomes my friend but ends up being a mooch? I let them know why I am deleting them. 

Simple logic to me. Smiley Happy

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 31 of 43 (161 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Can you add me? I need some free stuff. If you want to, you can send me a PSN card. If that's ok with you. Thanks
Message 32 of 43 (153 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Errin8 wrote:
Can you add me? I need some free stuff. If you want to, you can send me a PSN card. If that's ok with you. Thanks

Thanks Errin8 I just added you to my ignore list.. Another one down..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 33 of 43 (150 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
165 posts

Jun 1, 2013
I always find beggars at the Lockwood Gift Shop. I started going there to use the machine after the one in my personal space started acting up. My friends know I gift all the time (its a compulsion I'm getting help for Smiley Tongue) but those guys are so repulsive, I don't see how anyone actually gets them stuff. Still, it looks like people do because they are always decked out in gift machine items.
Message 34 of 43 (138 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

Jun 1, 2013
I get VERY strange PSN messages from people who were once on my friend's list (i.e. chain message suicide message because they can't find a GF on Home).

People begging for PSN cards are benign, and I will remove them.

I also had to change my friend request settings because I constantly got harassed and asked to cam up with people because I was blacklisted by someone who lost privileges to post on here. Lol.

Just do the same, if people are adding you for money.

As for being concerned about whether they will go off to someone else...really?
Message 35 of 43 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jun 1, 2013

People soliciting PSN cards are not looking for friendly advice. They are looking to scam you. If you offer advice and they respond with the B word, that confirms it.

What I usually get are people who have a sob story about how miserable their life is, or a grandmother died, and having some money to spend in home will apparently help them. To them I offer to recommend a good therapist. Sometimes people are asking for an equal gift machine exchange. That is more reasonable, but there's not much I want in any of the gift machines, so I usually recommend they make an alt account to gift themselves.

But here's the thing, solicitation of money on PS Home is a TOS violation. You can report them.

Message 36 of 43 (120 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jun 1, 2013

I don't like beggers, they are irritating. I think it is ok to share ones birthday with others though. I also wish sony would give us a voucher for something free( just one little item, or outfit, what could it hurt) for a birthday gift. I give stuff personally once in a while because I feel like it, but I ignore beggers like a plague

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 37 of 43 (100 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Send them to me.
Message 38 of 43 (92 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

But here's the thing, solicitation of money on PS Home is a TOS violation. You can report them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hmm... I'm not a big report person. But for some of the more aggresive ones, it might be worth considering. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 39 of 43 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jun 1, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
Send them to me.

The beggers?

You hear that L.T.? You can send them to Player from now on and leave me out of the Daisy chain ;-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 43 (84 Views)