Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Re: What do you do about begging on Home?

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

I don't have time for people like that, so I usually just give them my credit card number.

best-credit-card-ever-funny-picture-22775.jpg

homer-funny-credit-card.jpg

Message 21 of 43 (222 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 31, 2013

hyperkane wrote:

I don't have time for people like that, so I usually just give them my credit card number.

LOL. Time IS money, after all. What could go wrong?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 43 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

I usually tell them, Sorry I cant help you but If you need money to buy stuff on Home then go sell a game or two.. Maybe you have a spare controller you can get a few bucks outta.. I bet you could sell your cell phone too..

There's absolutely no reason that if your on Home you should have to beg people for what they earned.. If you cant afford the game don't play..

Dam I'm heartless.. Smiley Mad

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 23 of 43 (206 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 31, 2013

I just block out that they're actually talking to me.

Or, I walk away with my friends.

Beggars don't last long in my friend circle.

Message 24 of 43 (206 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 31, 2013

Dropped from my Friends List immediately. If they have the guts to write anything in response to that, it's block time.

People who do this know full well what they're doing. I believe that shutting them out cold sends a much stronger message than trying to help.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 25 of 43 (192 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

May 31, 2013

*flushes toilet*

What was the question?

Posted Image
Message 26 of 43 (188 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

I get this a fair amount of the time,What i usually do is ask the person HOW they could walk up to some 1 you DON'T know and ask them to buy you somthing or give them money,That does it EVERY time,they were not ready for a question,they usually stand stunned for a second,then run off,Been that way for almost 5 yrs,I really wish i had ALOT more to share,cause i would,but it always bothers me that some 1 would ask a perfect stranger somthing like that,I've never reported any 1 or blocked them for it,Don't have to,the question got it done.....Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 27 of 43 (178 Views)
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

I've actually seen people ask others to buy them a PSN Card or gift them something. And, Wasn't maybe 3 months ago. I was in the Playstation Hoem Poker room. And, This dude. Forget his name. But, He hit some other users for some chips. And also hit me up for some. And, After having to tell him 3-4 times. "You can't give chips on here." I think he finally got it. Cuase, He finally stopped. Well, At least till I left. I can't stand people who bum. If you need money for a PSN Card or for something on Home. Go get a job!! Or, Do odd jobs around your neighborhood for people. Or, Do like jimmynet said, Sell a game You don't play anymore or a accessory. Or some some Movies/CD's you do want anymore. Hell, Just do something & stop being a bum. It's that kinda stuff that will get you reported and supended/banned from PSN.

Get your Portable ID!

Twitter @WKQQRocker
Message 28 of 43 (173 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 31, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

Dropped from my Friends List immediately. If they have the guts to write anything in response to that, it's block time.

People who do this know full well what they're doing. I believe that shutting them out cold sends a much stronger message than trying to help.

Yeah, you're probably right. Usually the first instinct is the correct one. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 43 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

May 31, 2013

This is not a joke,me and my older brother trapped varmits,had paper routes,had chores,and picked up night crawlers to sell to the bait shops for our owm money,I always had a new bike,new gear for sports that i paid for myself,Loved being able to pay for my own school clothes,moms shop 1 way and i shop another..lol...I've always found some kind of work to pay for my stuff,I really wish i could just buy $100.00 a month to give to folks,maybe if my latest adventure in money making works out,maybe i will..Then let the contests begin...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 30 of 43 (157 Views)
0 Likes