Ghost of Sparta
11137 posts

Re: What can we do about all the new people XI2 will bring?

Nov 27, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

We have lots of new people here on the forum.

We most certainly do, especially on the weekends..............Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 52 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I didn't think anyone said they weren't going to help new people, I think some people just think that we're not going to get many new people.

I don't want this to turn to some kind of fight.  I just thought we were going to get a whole bunch of new people and some people disagree, is all.  Doesn't mean they aren't nice people.

Message 12 of 52 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

*My apologies...don't wish to go off topic more than I already have.

Message 13 of 52 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

We have lots of new people here on the forum.

We most certainly do, especially on the weekends..............Smiley Surprised

No not really. That is one person with a ton of accounts who thinks it's a fun thing to do. I wouldn't count that one person as many. On the other hand we have lost many veterans who don't post here anymore but their places are certainly being filled by new users. 

Message 14 of 52 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 27, 2012

myalana wrote:

KatCall75 wrote:

I didn't think anyone said they weren't going to help new people, I think some people just think that we're not going to get many new people.

I don't want this to turn to some kind of fight.  I just thought we were going to get a whole bunch of new people and some people disagree, is all.  Doesn't mean they aren't nice people.

Not sure who that was directed at Kat, but I'll respond assuming it was me. I'm not trying to turn your thread into some fight either...in fact I'll stop replying in it after this. I just felt compelled to point out  what I think should be obvious...but some don't always see, and commend you for wanting to help.

I'm sorry, Mya, maybe I'm just being sensitive (I am in a strange mood tonight), so I'm sorry if I'm misreading.  The last thing I want you to think is I don't appreciate your posts.  I really didn't mean you specifically, I just was afraid this thread was going to turn into a fight.

Message 15 of 52 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I know some of these are certainly multiple accounts but the numbers for this companion are pretty impressive in my view. 

Screen shot 2012-11-27 at 7.57.25 AM.png

Message 16 of 52 (206 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Nov 27, 2012

^ That was random

Anyways, Kat you can request for people who wish to join you in helping others play the game.  I will join you in an effort to help others, add me to the list of XI helpers Woman Happy

Message 17 of 52 (190 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Ill xi help. I played the first from start to finish.
Message 18 of 52 (186 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Thank you Kat for the call of duty. I will be the first to admit I can be guilty sometimes of not being as outgoing in terms of offering assistance. I’m never antagonistic, but I can get a little shy and withdraw with out and out strangers. Maybe its just natural instinct, I usually don’t stop for many strangers IRL. However, when I come across new people in Home, I try to always welcome them and let them know the do’s and don’ts and offer tips as to how they can enjoy their new experience.

This is a good time of year to bring this up not only because of Xi: Continuum but also because many people will be getting PS3s for the holidays, and thus will be getting their first taste of Home, especially since its mostly free to explore. First impressions are so vital. And the onus is on us as a community to go out of our way a bit and show these newcomers what a great place Home is and, more importantly, give them a reason to stick around.

As for Xi: Continuum, I’m very excited for it, and I hope many people both seasoned and new, take part in it. It is really a fun way to emphasize just how much Home is a community-related gaming platform. I arrived on Home halfway through the first Xi and needed a lot of catch-up, but some good people I met were really helpful and pointed me in the right direction. Sadly, I don’t expect to see many of those old friends (except perhaps for the old VLR crew – man, do I look forward to that reunion), simply because the fact is many of them dropped out of Home (and in a few cases PS3 altogether). Would I be happy to see them again for Xi2? You bet. But I’m suspecting they moved on for whatever reason be it life, career or whatever, and I wish them nothing but the best. But even if old friends do or do not come to enjoy the new Xi, there will be a host of people enjoying it for the first time. And I for one am really looking forward to helping shepherd those folks they way I was nearly four years ago.
Photobucket
Message 19 of 52 (159 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

KatCall75 wrote:

As most that read these forums probably already know, the new XI2 will be coming out this week.  This means Home is about to get slammed with a ton of new members to our community.  What my concern is, no one's really talking about what we can be doing as members of the community to make this a better experience for everyone, and what this huge surge of new people means to us.

Personally, I think we all should look out more for new members in the next few weeks.  If you see someone who appears to be new, consider taking a moment to ask them if they are new, and if so, if they have any questions.  If you're running a club, the next few weeks will be a perfect time to look for new members.

We're going to get a lot of people who have no idea what they are doing, so we all are going to need to show some patience with these people.

We may also need to consider hiring some more HCV's.

The Home Managers might want to consider hiring more Mods to watch over people's conduct in Home more.

Any other ideas?

Ok, let me re-word this quote...

Yes, more people are going to come to play XI-2...  BUT!!!  The point of my first post was I realy find it unlikely Sony is going to have to hire new Staff or Mod's due to the overwhelming new members to Home.  The same is ture with the HCV's and etc.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 20 of 52 (122 Views)
0 Likes