I suggest you all go out and find a decent MMO either on PC or PS4, if you want to keep playing or living in a virtual environment like Home.
I saw the "red flags" and connected the dots to Home's future when GlassWalls left. I tried to make others aware that SOMETHING was going on, here. I tried to spread the word and tried to preach reason to those who insisted on wearing their rose colored glasses and keep living in denial. Instead....I was met with dozens of people who wanted nothing but to argue with me and take every bullet for Sony they can, while they try to do damage control. NOW, we've just been told that there will be no E3 event in Home, this year...or maybe even EVER again. To add insult to injury, Canadians cant even download the E3 App on PS4...that they so desperately wanna shove down people's throats.
Home doesnt have much longer left.....and if BY NOW, you guys cant see that....IDK what to tell ya.
As soon as I connected the dots and realized where this was going, the 1st thing I did....was pick up FFXIV. It's not Home....but a decent MMO is probably gonna be the next best thing, when Home shuts down for good.
So, to answer the OP...MY future plans if Home closes, will be making FFXIV my permenant Home for the next decade or so. I suggest ya'll do the same. If not FFXIV....then something else. Cuz it's comin folks. The big finale is comin.
I doubt people want to argue with you,,, its just a great many number of us don't want to be told what to do or how to feel,,, who knows what everyone is going to do when Home closes, it might be one year or two,, sorry to say this but online worlds are just a small part of my life... I happen to use Home because its already on my PS3 and I don't have to buy anything or pay fee's...
I seriously doubt there is going to be mass suicide when Home goes down, gee's give people some credit.
If and when it closes then i will focus on my gaming, i have met many ppl on Home and some i have added to FB to remain in contact. I will continue to use the Forums for information as i dont use them just for Home. I by no means will be mad,sad or dissapointed when and if it closes as i was happy to enjoy my time on a application that gave me good memories and New friends.
My PS4 will get more attention also if and when it closes lol
I suppose if this forum gets closed down I could move to Off-Topic but idk. I'm in a few facebook Home groups, hard to say if they will continue if Home gets shut down. FF IV is an option but I was part of the Kickstarter for Pathfinder Online which will hopefully start next year. Not sure I can keep up with two MMOs. One thing is for sure, I'll finally make some progress on my backlog of games.
When (not if) Home shuts down, my plans will mostly stay the same, with some minor changes:
- I'll no longer need to come up with excuses to convince myself to just ignore the now-boring daily LKWD Life grinding. Or b¡tch about how much (I personally feel) Acorn Meadows Park (now) disappoints… aside from the swimming addition, which was a cool idea.
- I'll finally be able to devote more time towards playing the many games here desperately awaiting my personal attention. Not to mention some wonderful upcoming titles. New Zelda, need I say more?
- Um… books to read, movies to watch, people/places I'd love to visit someday. I could go on, but just use your imagination…
- I'm hoping I manage to survive long enough to actually be able to do #2-3 for some length of time still (this will make sense to my closer friends).
- How will I stay in contact with my closer friends? Anyone remember archaic technologies known as phone, email, transportion or personal contact? Or more modern things known as messaging, FaceTime/video conferencing, etc., thru our devices? How about the chatting features available thru our PS3s & coming more fully to our PS4s in a future update? (Anything but Facebook or similar; I really despise those types of invasive social media platforms.) It doesn't take a brain surgeon — and I can recommend a couple excellent ones, btw — to come up with other options. And there are always other options available if your close friends really are such. Unless they're totally contact-phobic, in which case I'll bemoan their choice, have some wonderful memories, and be filled with regrets I doubt I could adequately describe here.
- I suppose I could always add some onto my Xbox Live list. Or not…
- As for the Home forum, yes, it would impact my presence here, especially as I doubt it would continue to survive after Home itself is shuttered. I personally avoid most forums sites in general, because they just suck up too much of my time, In addition, all the ridiculous drama just tends to make me irritable. There are many more productive ways I could spend my days than glued to forums. See #2-5 above.
The end of Home is not the end of the world.… just the end of a virtual journey. What you choose to make of that journey, and how to follow it, is up to each individual. But I'll admit I'm already wondering which close friends will choose to stay in contact, as opposed to just tossing it all away like yesterday's garbage. Guess I'll be finding out at some point…
Good enough answers for now?
Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."