Jun 07 2014
By: Sweet2525 Last Guardian 9120 posts

What are your plans for the future if home does close ?

46 replies 708 views Edited Jun 7, 2014
  1. This is not one of those is home going to be on the ps4. Its a thought I had myself what I might move on to if this does happen.
  2. How will I stay in contact with some of my good friends and other issues I thought of.
  3. I have been on home for over 5 years now and it has become a center piece in my life now. I remember when home got shut down becasue of hacker isses a few years back me and my friends ended up chatting in in other web sites.
  4. I am just trying to get the idea in my head that everything does not last. I guess home might end up like a good tv show. End while the going is good.
  5. Do some of you folks have any concerns about staying in contact with good friends you met through the years on home ?
  6. I just have this feeling after living someplace for years and the day comes when its moving day. All you memories you have built up for years come before you in one moment as you shut the door to your home for the last time.
  7. Its not a fear I am really having but a sadness thats chaseing me now for a few weeks. Perhaps when one door will close another good door will open. Lets hope
  8. Last question how will it impact you on the forums etc. Will you just move on and game etc. I guess if home does close the forums will chage here as well.
Message 1 of 47 (708 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Re: What are your plans for the future if home does close ?

Jun 7, 2014
This wouldnt affect me on the forums cause i barely post here, i already made plans to move onto FF14 , a good majority of my friends have it, but i also play other games with them , talk through text chats, party chat ( on ps4 ) so i dont rely on Home to contact them. But yea the next thing after Home is FF14 for me.
Message 2 of 47 (683 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Jun 7, 2014

Sweet2525 wrote:
  1. This is not one of those is home going to be on the ps4. Its a thought I had myself what I might move on to if this does happen.
  2. How will I stay in contact with some of my good friends and other issues I thought of.
  3. I have been on home for over 5 years now and it has become a center piece in my life now. I remember when home got shut down becasue of hacker isses a few years back me and my friends ended up chatting in in other web sites.
  4. I am just trying to get the idea in my head that everything does not last. I guess home might end up like a good tv show. End while the going is good.
  5. Do some of you folks have any concerns about staying in contact with good friends you met through the years on home ?
  6. I just have this feeling after living someplace for years and the day comes when its moving day. All you memories you have built up for years come before you in one moment as you shut the door to your home for the last time.
  7. Its not a fear I am really having but a sadness thats chaseing me now for a few weeks. Perhaps when one door will close another good door will open. Lets hope
  8. Last question how will it impact you on the forums etc. Will you just move on and game etc. I guess if home does close the forums will chage here as well.

Sometime we has to let everything go they can't last long home is the popular app ever & now it slowly peeling off the PSN what i would do is move on i can't stay connected with my friend & some of my friend don't use the forums if home ended up being like japan nobody would use it yes i know a few people are leaving cause of hacker people experience there are getting worst farewell home

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 3 of 47 (677 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2014

My plans: Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Super Smash Bros Wiiu/3DS, Pokemon Omega Ruby, and various retro Nintendo games.

I won't be bothering with Playstation as a whole much after PS Home closes, doubtful I'll get a PS4 and and XboxOne is completey out of the question for me. I also will never visit these forums again.

Only thing I worry about is keeping in contact with my close friends really. I don't really think PS Home will CLOSE any time soon, but I don't see the content updattes continuing past this year. Hopefully, they will leave the servers online even without content updates.

Message 4 of 47 (658 Views)
Last Guardian
9120 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2014
Wow some really good responses so far. I myself would just like to say to all my friends that I have met on ps home through out the years I valued you all very much. To the community here I am sorry I was a bit pushy with my sweets apt tours thread. Intrest is falling as home slows. It was just my joy I had here. I just thought if I could spark an intrest in the new folks coming to home it might have brought sales up etc. That might have shown sony to keep home. That was just my wish I had. I am glad alot of you like them.
Message 5 of 47 (630 Views)
I Only Post Everything
905 posts

Jun 7, 2014

Sweet2525 wrote:

Kik, Instant messangers, email, other virtual communities.

Home is not and never has been the only means of communication or virtual community available. Only those who shut themselves in a box think so.

The forums? people use forums for different reasons than they use Home, most of the bickering, trolling, complaining, whining, superiority, etc, can be found on any message board on the internet. There is plenty out there for forum junkies. It doesn't matter the topic. Everyone should realise that the home forums exist to contain the home members and prevent this tripe from getting into their other forums.

Lastly, I would suggest spending some of your free time in therapy.

Message 6 of 47 (622 Views)
Last Guardian
9120 posts

Jun 7, 2014

Zirod wrote:

Sweet2525 wrote:

Home is not and never has been the only means of communication or virtual community available. Only those who shut themselves in a box think so.

The forums? people use forums for different reasons than they use Home, most of the bickering, trolling, complaining, whining, superiority, etc, can be found on any message board on the internet. There is plenty out there for forum junkies. It doesn't matter the topic. Everyone should realise that the home forums exist to contain the home members and prevent this tripe from getting into their other forums.

well I understand your view. Things are changing now how folks interact with each other. I guess home was the new wave. I know where I live most folks just wave to each other hi how ya doing. Not many once they get to there house bother with anyone really. Trust me I am not that caught up in home where my life will stop it it closes..It just became a habit. But if I feel the need I will seek therapy..lol...Its all good thanks for shareing your view..I did ask
Message 7 of 47 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2014

Zirod wrote:

Sweet2525 wrote:

No Home forums are a part of Sony's official forums and just like any other section people can come in and chat about Home, just as they can go freely to any other section of the forums, excluding the private boards.

Now that you have expressed your distaste - you can discuss your feelings with your own therapist and maybe they can help diagnose your anger issues
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 47 (606 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Jun 7, 2014

I suggest you all go out and find a decent MMO either on PC or PS4, if you want to keep playing or living in a virtual environment like Home. 

I saw the "red flags" and connected the dots to Home's future when GlassWalls left. I tried to make others aware that SOMETHING was going on, here. I tried to spread the word and tried to preach reason to those who insisted on wearing their rose colored glasses and keep living in denial. Instead....I was met with dozens of people who wanted nothing but to argue with me and take every bullet for Sony they can, while they try to do damage control. NOW, we've just been told that there will be no E3 event in Home, this year...or maybe even EVER again. To add insult to injury, Canadians cant even download the E3 App on PS4...that they so desperately wanna shove down people's throats. 

Home doesnt have much longer left.....and if BY NOW, you guys cant see that....IDK what to tell ya. 

As soon as I connected the dots and realized where this was going, the 1st thing I did....was pick up FFXIV. It's not Home....but a decent MMO is probably gonna be the next best thing, when Home shuts down for good. 

So, to answer the OP...MY future plans if Home closes, will be making FFXIV my permenant Home for the next decade or so. I suggest ya'll do the same. If not FFXIV....then something else. Cuz it's comin folks. The big finale is comin.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 9 of 47 (595 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13888 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014
If PlayStation Home were to close at some point in the future because I can always return to playing the video games that I have on my PlayStation 3 right now and purchase retail games that I haven't gotten the chance to play yet. Also, I plan on investing in a PlayStation 4 so I can continue with my online activities from there and invest in the PlayStation Plus service. Or I can try and sample an Xbox One or Wii U before buying one of them.

I have plans on maintaining some form of contact with my buddies that I befriended on Home through telephone, XMB, Party Chat, Twitter, Facebook or any type of social media.

As much as I love PlayStation Home, I figure it would eventually come to a close once I hear that announcement from officials.

Even if it closes, it still wouldn't stop me from logging into the PlayStation Forums and speaking whatever is on my mind through posts and replies.
Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 10 of 47 (586 Views)