Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Re: What are your plans for the future if home does close ?

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2014

Message 41 of 47 (322 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jun 12, 2014
Plus id rather give my money to LOOT, than some guy on second life.
Message 42 of 47 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Jun 13, 2014

When Home does close on the PS3 one day I will go back to playing more games.   With all the money I have been saving this year from not buying much on Home I will have plenty saved up for a PS4 when AC Unity comes out.  8)

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 43 of 47 (301 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 13, 2014

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Zirod wrote:

Sweet2525 wrote:
  1. This is not one of those is home going to be on the ps4. Its a thought I had myself what I might move on to if this does happen.
  2. How will I stay in contact with some of my good friends and other issues I thought of.
  3. I have been on home for over 5 years now and it has become a center piece in my life now. I remember when home got shut down becasue of hacker isses a few years back me and my friends ended up chatting in in other web sites.
  4. I am just trying to get the idea in my head that everything does not last. I guess home might end up like a good tv show. End while the going is good.
  5. Do some of you folks have any concerns about staying in contact with good friends you met through the years on home ?
  6. I just have this feeling after living someplace for years and the day comes when its moving day. All you memories you have built up for years come before you in one moment as you shut the door to your home for the last time.
  7. Its not a fear I am really having but a sadness thats chaseing me now for a few weeks. Perhaps when one door will close another good door will open. Lets hope
  8. Last question how will it impact you on the forums etc. Will you just move on and game etc. I guess if home does close the forums will chage here as well.

Kik, Instant messangers, email, other virtual communities.

Home is not and never has been the only means of communication or virtual community available. Only those who shut themselves in a box think so.

The forums? people use forums for different reasons than they use Home, most of the bickering, trolling, complaining, whining, superiority, etc, can be found on any message board on the internet. There is plenty out there for forum junkies. It doesn't matter the topic. Everyone should realise that the home forums exist to contain the home members and prevent this tripe from getting into their other forums.

Lastly, I would suggest spending some of your free time in therapy.

No Home forums are a part of Sony's official forums and just like any other section people can come in and chat about Home, just as they can go freely to any other section of the forums, excluding the private boards.

Now that you have expressed your distaste - you can discuss your feelings with your own therapist and maybe they can help diagnose your anger issues

That's the sad thing I think most people are forgetting, no home, no home forums. As soon as the first big forums update occurs I imagine that they'll remove these forums as they won't need them anymore. 

Message 44 of 47 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9314 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Jason1802128 wrote:

When Home does close on the PS3 one day I will go back to playing more games.   With all the money I have been saving this year from not buying much on Home I will have plenty saved up for a PS4 when AC Unity comes out.  8)

That's nice my friend. I have not stopped buying stuff on ps home. But we shall see what happens.
Message 45 of 47 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Sweet2525 wrote:
  1. This is not one of those is home going to be on the ps4. Its a thought I had myself what I might move on to if this does happen.
  2. How will I stay in contact with some of my good friends and other issues I thought of.
  3. I have been on home for over 5 years now and it has become a center piece in my life now. I remember when home got shut down becasue of hacker isses a few years back me and my friends ended up chatting in in other web sites.
  4. I am just trying to get the idea in my head that everything does not last. I guess home might end up like a good tv show. End while the going is good.
  5. Do some of you folks have any concerns about staying in contact with good friends you met through the years on home ?
  6. I just have this feeling after living someplace for years and the day comes when its moving day. All you memories you have built up for years come before you in one moment as you shut the door to your home for the last time.
  7. Its not a fear I am really having but a sadness thats chaseing me now for a few weeks. Perhaps when one door will close another good door will open. Lets hope
  8. Last question how will it impact you on the forums etc. Will you just move on and game etc. I guess if home does close the forums will chage here as well.

I really don't know what to do if Home is gone, but I can play games.  The reason why I like Home is because it's the only virtual 3D community app on a console that you can explore, meet new people , buy virtual items and play games and challenges.  I wish Home is available for PS4 as well so if I get a a PS4 and it's there, I'll enjoy it even on PS3.  I have good times at PS Home since closed beta (2008), the events I go to, the games I play like Sodium and the spaces I visit. Don't worry, PS Home will continue on till the staff decides to close it(2 or 3 years maybe).

Message 46 of 47 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Jun 13, 2014

When home does close it will a change for me. Yes some people do use home to keep in touch with their friends as it offers more to do than just sending psn messages back and forth or playing different games on the psn. Home offers a means for people to communicate with ease that very few other social networks can.  I will most likely continue to talk with my friends from home through chat apps and other games that we play.

Message 47 of 47 (236 Views)
0 Likes