Fender Bender
3258 posts

Re: What Video Capture Devices Do You Use For HOME

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

KINGSNOOPY26 wrote:
Their was a new one recently called Avermedia Live Portable its very small and around a bit less than $200. Heard some good things about it not using up to much memory and you can store videos on an sd card basically its very portable. But I also did hear the Happauge was better and there's another one called El Gato, you need a good PC for that one though but it has good video quality.

I'll say this about the Hauppage 1212, I've had NO issues with the PC connection, it's worked flawlesly (no dropped frames, etc.)  on my Win7 (64 bit) machine with Athlon 2.4 Ghz processor, 4 GB RAM, ATI HD Video Card (512MB.)

chech my youtube link in my sig for examples if you like, they were all recorded on the Hauppage.  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I use the Hauppage!

http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1212-Definition-Personal-Recorder/dp/B0018LX0DY/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Hey Joanna does that devices HDMI work with PS3 I read something about HDMI not working on some of the capture devices & PS3 due to copywrite stuff...

The one I have uses component. The newer one has an HDMI connection but I don't know personally how that works with the PS3. Component works fine for me. 

That is interesting however that the PS4 only supports HDMI and not component. 

TY Joanna - and yes I guess folks with no HDMI on their TVs need a NEW SONY TV now to... Haaa! 

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 12 of 29 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Jun 29, 2013
I know that you can share video gameplay to friends on the PS4 but it be pretty sweet if you can upload it to youtube. I read that there will eventually be a twitch.tv app on it too so Im guessing youtube uploads is most likely possible.

Have you seen the cheesy PS4 Interface Video? A guy basically edits his video right their and then shares it.
Message 13 of 29 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

KINGSNOOPY26 wrote:
Their was a new one recently called Avermedia Live Portable its very small and around a bit less than $200. Heard some good things about it not using up to much memory and you can store videos on an sd card basically its very portable. But I also did hear the Happauge was better and there's another one called El Gato, you need a good PC for that one though but it has good video quality.

I'll say this about the Hauppage 1212, I've had NO issues with the PC connection, it's worked flawlesly (no dropped frames, etc.)  on my Win7 (64 bit) machine with Athlon 2.4 Ghz processor, 4 GB RAM, ATI HD Video Card (512MB.)

chech my youtube link in my sig for examples if you like, they were all recorded on the Hauppage.  Smiley Happy

Yup sure will ty.. Yah im not concerned about my pc I got more than enough horsepower there..

Message 14 of 29 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jun 29, 2013

KINGSNOOPY26 wrote:
I know that you can share video gameplay to friends on the PS4 but it be pretty sweet if you can upload it to youtube. I read that there will eventually be a twitch.tv app on it too so Im guessing youtube uploads is most likely possible.

Have you seen the cheesy PS4 Interface Video? A guy basically edits his video right their and then shares it.

Yup thats a feature thats gonna be nice...  I'll get PS4 but not first gen I'll wait til the bugs are worked out (there will be bugs) plus I need a device for other video stuff..

Message 15 of 29 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I just order the Elgato Game Capture HD from Amazon...Can someone out there lead me in the right direction on how to download the video  from @Home on to this forum.....thankx

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00840353W/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Message 16 of 29 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Jun 30, 2013

LOOT Camera...Smiley Very Happy

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 17 of 29 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
404 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I always see such nice pictures taken in-world posted to the forums.  Surely those folks are not using the default camera, right?  My in-world pictures do not look even remotely that good.

Message 18 of 29 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I use the Elgato Game Capture HD and a DVI+Audio to HDMI converter.  The ones with HDMI connections use an adapter to connect to PS3 but are still broadcasting and recording through component channels.  Sony doesn't allow recording through HDMI on the PS3 period so you have to convert the signal, a lot easier to just use component but it looks fuzzy to me compared to HDMI.  I haven't really used it much for Home besides a few test videos and to get screen captures but it's easy to use if your computer can handle it.  Hauppauge is the most common and I've heard good things about the Live Gamer Portable but that's the most expensive one.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 19 of 29 (60 Views)
MVP Support
9038 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I also use a Hauppage it is a great device for recording gameplay in HD

KANE-FIRE

Message 20 of 29 (55 Views)
0 Likes