Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Re: What Home did for Me

Nov 10, 2013

I think this idea of worthlessness is really sad. Glad you realized your worth as a human being. 

This is a rampant issue in today's society and it is one that can be corrected. Just having people talk to you in a friendly manner could save a life. 

I remember hearing a story from a friend. He was going home and some seniors were picking on a junior for whatever reason (might have been just his appearance). He walked up to the group and told them it was not cool to pick on someone like that. The seniors left and the two chatted for a bit. The week after, the junior walked up to him and credited him for saving his life. He was walking home and was planning to commit suicide with the rope he had in his backpack, but just that conversation gave him a feeling of self-worth. 

Human interaction is key. When we cry about our troubles alone,we are given some of the worst thoughts and reasons. When we have a friend to correct those thoughts, we realize we are not alone in this.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 31 of 45 (419 Views)
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Welcome back, Kat!  Stay strong! 

Message 32 of 45 (405 Views)
Sackboy
307 posts

Nov 10, 2013

I am grateful for home because of the kind.. caring ppl i've met. i accidentally came on home ..long story but it was a peaceful fun place .. unlike real life.. i have friends irl but their boring compared to most of u.. everyone has issues .. therapy is expensive lol.. the ppl i've met are probably smater then therapists ..and i glad i'm home.Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 45 (389 Views)
Sackboy
307 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Ignore the i .. typo lol and gl kat.. Smiley Frustrated

Message 34 of 45 (385 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
827 posts

Nov 10, 2013

I would like to applaud you too, Kat, for finding the strength and the courage to leave a bad situation.  Someone in my family who is very near and dear to me just ended an abusive relationship, and fortunately, she's ok.  No one should be made to feel worthless or less than significant.  It may take a little more energy to do, but it feels a lot better to pick people up instead of knocking them down.  Oh, and by the way, she has a cat too, they practically grew up together, but i've never really tried to verify the fuzzy butt thing lol.  I wish you, and everyone here, much happiness and welcome back.

Message 35 of 45 (379 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Tranny gives kudos, glad you found something you enjoy.
Message 36 of 45 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

Hello friends.

It hits home when people talk about unfortunate relationships. As a 36-year-old divorced man I have been inflicted with the pain from a broken relationship. This vilification on the Sony Playstation Home forum site is one-sided and possibly all untrue. Like with me, terrible stories were made up by my ex-wife that I had to defend my self against. But Ms. Katcall's partner is not offered the same luxury.

What I see that has happened is there was there was just a little break down of communication between Ms. Katcall and her partner. It should have been recognized and addressed by some professional but instead what has happened is a very sad game of the blame game and possibly made-up stories.

If this person also was had an avatar person on the Sony Playstation Home it would also be blacklisting. A big no-no I have learned in my adventures in the Sony Playstation Home world.

I hate seeing relationships derail and crash, and I hate seeing males bear the brunt from slighted women.

Peace.

Obdule

Message 37 of 45 (357 Views)
Sackboy
297 posts

Nov 10, 2013

You're one of the good ones Kat. The home community needs more like you.

Message 38 of 45 (303 Views)
Fender Bender
3362 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Hi Everyone! I have cleaned up this thread. Lets keep it on topic. Thanks!

Kat hugs to you..Heart

Message 39 of 45 (271 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Nov 11, 2013

KatCall75 wrote:

I found myself in a point in my life where I thought I was worthless.  I was in an abusive relationship, and I was convinced I wasn't worth anything.  I was trapped, not allowed to go out, have friends, or socialize in any way.

And then I found you.  I found Home.  You probably don't remember me, but you saved my life.  You all did.  You gave me strength to leave.  I almost forgot I could.  It took a while, but I escaped!  I can dance again, and I dance with you all in my heart.

I love you all so much.  Thank you for giving me back my life.

So very heartfelt Kat! n so courageous to post this here! (yes I am out of kudos again). I am happy to hear that you got away from whoever it was that was controlling you like that. such people should always be left behind n usually are, n to know that Playstation Home helped you accomplish moving on is very wonderful to hear!

There are so many reasons that people find joy in playing Playstation Home, whether that is hanging out and making new friends, the unique mini-games in it, or such as in your case they need an outlet due to being shut-in for various reasons.

Big KUDOS for you Kat!

n to anyone who has the strength n wisdom to leave an abuser behind. Those people who abuse others in relationships are fearful people, so afraid of being alone, but they would never admit it, especially not to those they abuse. Leaving them is the very best thing that you can do in most cases, just make sure you plan it out if you can't literally move in with family or a friend immediately upon your decision to become free again.

Playstation Home has done a lot of things for me, it has opened my eyes to all the possibilities within virtual worlds n has brought me closer to people online in a game network that otherwise I probably would never be very close to at all, such as through skype, facebook n sites beyond psn.

I am more versed in why people do what they do. Everything from the trolls to management. I am more tolerant now n have a better appreciation for the emotional aspects of a community at whole (especially the mass feeling of an uncertain future). I am also more of a gamer (not much more, but more lol), where in the past it was only mini-games on a cellphone n such.

I am wiser and I am happier because of Playstation Home.

Thank you Kat for making this thread n thank you all here for making Playstation Home a fun n interesting place to be!

*hugs*

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 40 of 45 (218 Views)