Feb 20 2012
By: Conrad_Max VP of Gaming 29585 posts

What Do You Do For Fun In Home?

45 replies 1937 views Edited Feb 20, 2012

For me, I play many of the mini-games. I play Orb Hunter, Gnome Curling, the Novus Prime games, Poker, Dolphy Racing, the Sodium games and I wander around meeting people. I help them and I give tours.

I also play a few of the other mini-games, but not regularly. Once in a while I'll even dance.

I enjoy doing the quests but admit I'm not always successful with them.

I'm usually in Home about four to six hours weeknights/morning, and longer on weekends and holidays. I do take breaks for regular gaming and real life.

So what do you do for fun in Home?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 1 of 46 (1,937 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
275 posts

Re: What Do You Do For Fun In Home?

Feb 20, 2012

well for me, there is weekly update content to go through, daily runs on games, alot of socializing, sometimes videos in the theater, personal spaces to decorate (some with games), and of course the wardrobe. in addition, i've been searching for other plus members that enjoy the free multiplayer content for trophy hunting or just casual game play.

when all that is done, i have used up the week and either go back to play long games like midway, or just take a break knowing new content is right around the corner.

Message 2 of 46 (1,934 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
521 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I'm actually on a dry spell. It seems like there isn't really anything knew. However, one thing that I've been doing as of lately, is hosting Home Therapy Sessions. Like, me and my friend are walking around, and some guy messages us saying something really sexual. So, we invite him to my apartment, and upstairs I have two chairs, and one of those Therapy Couches set up. So, me and my friend tell them to sit down, and we start asking them a bunch of questions on why they feel the need to message people who they barely know sexual things. Sometimes it actually works, with the people saying "You're right, I'm sorry, I didn't know how it feels". But some just get up and say "I DIDN'T COME HERE FOR THIS."

Heheh.

Message 3 of 46 (1,934 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Awesome thread.

What do I do for fun in Home? I write about it. I film it. I dig into the social side of Home. And I get to serve a fantastic team which puts out Home's literary journal nonpareil: HomeStation Magazine. Sure, it's a ridiculous amount of work, but the creative expression is fun, and helping others express themselves and develop as writers and artists is something I love to do.

Beyond that, my game of choice is something of a meta-game: stringing together dance combinations. If you frequent any of Home's popular dance floors, you'll almost certainly see a few people stringing together some really ingenious combinations of dance moves and emotes. I don't mean the basic Salsa/Running Man washing-machine spinning -- I mean some truly amazing stuff. I'm certainly not the best at it, but it's a ridiculously fun meta-game, and you meet some cool people who are into it as well. It's just one of the many niche communities within this society we call Home.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 4 of 46 (1,934 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
275 posts

Feb 20, 2012

heh, i do that too. though i'm not that great at it. i just chain from one move to the next trying to make it as seamless as possible.

Message 5 of 46 (1,934 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Teehee2123 wrote:

I'm actually on a dry spell. It seems like there isn't really anything knew. However, one thing that I've been doing as of lately, is hosting Home Therapy Sessions. Like, me and my friend are walking around, and some guy messages us saying something really sexual. So, we invite him to my apartment, and upstairs I have two chairs, and one of those Therapy Couches set up. So, me and my friend tell them to sit down, and we start asking them a bunch of questions on why they feel the need to message people who they barely know sexual things. Sometimes it actually works, with the people saying "You're right, I'm sorry, I didn't know how it feels". But some just get up and say "I DIDN'T COME HERE FOR THIS."

Heheh.

LMAO

Message 6 of 46 (1,934 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I give tours...I meet people and play mini games...I also decorate and watch movies

Message 7 of 46 (1,933 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I visit the Konami Penthouse and play the DDR game there (coughstepmaniacough) and socialize. I try to get over to Aurora to increase my XP there. I play Hold'em, but lately I've been doing that a lot less. It seems like people have worked out some sort of system to "work" the tables. If I join a game and see two or three people with 100k or more creds, I leave. Maybe it'll be cheat proof in the future, but right now it's not.

I do the quests. I stand around in the quest areas trying to help other people with the quests. For instance, if it requires a friend to be there, I let people add me to get credit. I offer advice, directions, and answers. Sometimes I goof around in my personal spaces, maybe moving furniture or something.

I'm one of those dedicated completionist types on Home, though. I want to get every reward, even if it's stupid and I'll never use it. Just because I did it. So game playing is a big part of my Home experience... at least til I finish. Then I may never play that particular game ever again.  Socializing is a big part of my experience too. Think back, in 1996 I was an active part of some online chatroom communities. In 1998 I was using Adobe Atmosphere. In 2003 I was playing Diablo II.  Now, I'm using Home, a virtual chat community with games structured on a base avatar interactive system.  And it's awesome. So I like to meet people and just chat, make some friends.

Message 8 of 46 (1,933 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2752 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I deco because it's fun, it's creative and I watch people but from a distance, not people I know. It's interesting the way peeps act. It's interesting at times the way I act when I look in a mirror.

If I go to where the Loot music is, I'll listen to it usually 50-60s rock.

And sometimes when in a space I will just think.

To me the forums are part of HOME and I enjoy it here because it can be a learning experience.

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer
Message 9 of 46 (1,933 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29585 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I forgot to mention that I do go to the Theater once or twice a week to be entertained and informed. And I watch movies and television in Home. Currently into The Beast with Patrick Swayze. And I listen to RadioIo when hanging around my real home.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 10 of 46 (1,933 Views)
0 Likes