Wastelander
412 posts

Re: What Animations Would You Want?

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Those Dance packs are nice, but Home could use a lot of new music. Public music so everyone can hear, and dance with each other. There are more dances than there are public music numbers in Home, nowadaysLast year, new music artists appeared in Japan Home's Music Cafe, Europe had Hedkandy, so they have a lot of new public music numbers, but America still received nothing new.

I would really like to see a new space much like Singstar, X7, or Hedkandy, with a lot of public music, and also if it can be done, with a mini-game that consists of slow-dancing between 2 Avatars. Smiley Happy

I personally would like to see a Vanity Make-up table active item with emotes like, powdering the face, doing the eyes, lipstick, doing the hair with a foam in hand, doing the nails...etc. If it would only consume 3, or 4 blocks, that would be wonderful. Smiley Happy

I would also like to seeLocomotions that can be used while sitting, that consists of reading the paper, or a book, or a playing a puzzle, or eating.

A way of animation that you see everyday ofcourse, is walking around holding a Smartphone. Maybe with emotes like, holding it to your ear, and holding it in front of you looking at the screen, and typing on the screen. Maybe a nice acquisition for your trap? Haha. Smiley Happy

Something else that I would like to see, is a LoveHeartbed...! Woman Wink

Haha, I know, Home is rated for 13 years of age, but it would be nice if the Avatars would lie down in bed softly against each other, with their arms and legs wrapped around each other. Smiley Happy

Only, you really need to make sure that such an active item doesn't consume more than 8 blocks, cause people are very provident about them.

Message 61 of 122 (727 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5161 posts

May 3, 2013

Some very nice suggestions mentioned I must say, hmmm here is some of that I could think of,

How about some every day stuff emotes & animations, such as brushing your teeth, combing your hair, reading a book, newspaper or playing with a Vita handheld or a controller (while sitting down), how about implementing eating & drinking on a table as you sit just like we do with some of the active beds when we lay down. (this be good for machinimas)

How about also some hopping, like tigger.. be funny seeing those with funny costumes such as lobsters hop ;p 

How about an actual ROFL  (roll on the floor laughing), or BRB, AFK emotes, (be nice to have them on while actually being afk) Smiley Wink

On dance floors as we have bubbles, fog machines, confetti, and all kinds of cool lights, thou we dont have foam machines where a personal space would get all foamy while everyone dances, that be nice to have for parties

Message 62 of 122 (716 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

May 3, 2013
Gun animations like posing or actual shooting. Maybe even the classic James Bond walk and shoot intro. Sword fighting and axe swinging would be cool, too.
Antonio Xul
Message 63 of 122 (692 Views)
Fender Bender
2702 posts

May 4, 2013

Cigarette smoking.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 64 of 122 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

May 4, 2013

Maybe a casual dance for guys, that doesn't look like we are zombies or still in High School, and then a decent Salsa dance as well. And come to think of it, maybe even some decent couple dances, that don't involve avatar touching...lolSmiley Wink

Message 65 of 122 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

May 4, 2013

Message 66 of 122 (347 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

PinkJulia wrote:
Hi, this is what i posted in the april suggestion thread:

----------
I would like an animations pack that contains different animations when you stand still (and that wont stop while you type), that start in a random way every few seconds, so you dont have to use a pose or a dance to avoid the normal standing animations.

Something fun like juggling, or your avatar standing still and sometimes stretching, or maybe using a table tennis paddle and playing while standing, or playing with a yo-yo... And all of these would start and stop every few seconds (maybe every 10 seconds, i dont know).

I would also love a sort of companion-locomotion hybrid. A dog with a leash in the hands of your avatar, and when you move with the controller you actually control the dog, and your avatar gets dragged in a goofy way, trying to step in the opposite direction
---------

I would love a locomotion that gives new animations while standing still, nothing exagerated, just natural...so i dont have to use a pose or a dance just to avoid the normal standing animation

Yes! This is exactly what I would love to see from NDreams. Their dances and animations are thee best! So I would love to see what they could do with the idea of idle standing animation. Kinda like the free Taisho-era Student Movement we got from Granzella. It would make me and many others so happy see a collection of those.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 67 of 122 (332 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

May 4, 2013

Well...there have been in the past, and quite a few suggestions pages back over the years requests for shrinking potions, and hovercrafts. I'm not sure if it's possible to shrink an avatar, but if it is, that would be awesome to run around as noticibly shorter, or taller avitar. Hovercrafts on the other hand seem completly do-able. I don't think I need to post the 2009 video of what they look like, just about everyone has seen the conference. Aside from that I'll wait until the new costume with independent of the standard actions and poses come out with multiple LMOs.

Perish_Song
Message 68 of 122 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
412 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

To Joey:

Hi. I have a question.

Today, we have a lot of Locomotions of all sorts together with companions. That is nice, of course, but with so many to choose from does come one thing.

And that is having to select one out of that humongous stack of Locomotions, and companions. That can sometimes take quite a while. Especially when that particular space is crowded.

You're dancing, then when different music plays, you would like to choose a different dance.

First you have to go to your inventory, by pressing 'Start'. Your Avatar stops dancing, and then this enormous list shows. It then starts to load all these Thumbnails. And this can take a while. Then, when it's finally done loading, you can search for the dance that you would like. I have a certain dance marked as a 'Favorite', but the Inventory doesn't remember the last settings. So, everytime when I want to use a 'Portable', I have to first adjust the Inventory, so that it shows the Favorite items first.

But even then you still need to scroll down the list. You can scroll a ways, but then it stops because it needs to load all those thumbnails. In the end, you sometimes have to wait as long as a minute, if it wasn't slow, before you can start using a different Locomotion.

It is because of this inconvenience, that I refrain of buying LMO Gestures, LMOs that consists in ways of walking, like the pumps, and even certain dances, which are very nice, and that I undoubtedly would have bought, if I didn't have to go through such a gawky way of choosing. Some of my friends are saying the same thing. They say that they are "lazy" to have to do all that for only that item, and also that about 4 months ago they had trouble with the Inventory.

To make up for this inconvenience, I would like to ask if you know if it can be done that every Locomotion can be given a specific ID number, for instance like, a dance has an, 'a', another dance has an, 'ab', another LMO has a, '10ab', or, '5a', or, '67h'.

If you would then for instance press, Ctrl+Alt+(...), the LMO's ID number on a keyboard, like, 'Ctrl+Alt+a', or, 'Alt+ab', or, 'Ctrl+10ab', etc, that particular LMO would then Activate. If you would then type it's ID number again, it would deactivate.

In essence, you can change dances in an instant, without having to go to the Inventory. It would be like changing in real time. Smiley Happy Maybe it wouldn't work for the Virtual Keyboard, but, it would certainly avoid a lot of struggles with the Inventory with a normal keyboard.

Since the first time that I saw how the Avatar changes it clothes automatically, without having to go to the wardrobe, when it goes in the sauna of Granzella's Edo, I am convinced that Home is able to work such changes without the Inventory which we have to use.

It would also be a lot more realistic to be able to change dances this way. You dance, the music changes, you type the ID number, and the Avatars starts a different dance.

Players that can type fast, can even perform a gesture in the meantime. I also think that if the servers don't need to load all those heavy thumbnails in the Inventory anymore, the stress on them would greatly decrease, and sales would also benefit, if items could be selected this easy. I for one would buy those gestures for sure, for instance. Smiley Happy

I understand that this would ask for a 'Home Core update', but since you are a game developer, I was kind of hoping if you would know. If you don't, then maybe you can ask Sony?

If it can't be done, then it's alright, but if it can, then at least it's worth considering implementing such a feature into the next Core update, don't you think? Smiley Happy

Thank you. Smiley Happy

Message 69 of 122 (294 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Myself,I've always wanted a BIG red wagon,1 that ya could pull around home,bigger than your avatar,That you could invite maybe a couple friends,maybe up to 5,that could dance around in the wagon while ya pull it around home..I think this would look so cool,I realize thats alot going on at 1 time,but i've seen this playout in my head many times..lol..would be absolutely hilarious..Thx for asking and keep up the good work,YOU GUY'S ROCK!.....Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 70 of 122 (284 Views)