Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/12/2010
Offline
9504 posts
 

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

Jan 17, 2014
The Shooting Gallery stats should DEFINATELY be reset. Why it has steadily gone up is beyond me, and is a huge barrier at least personally stopping me from playing that game in particular (which is one of my favorites).
Support Forums
Message 121 of 165 (832 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
3315 posts
 

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

Jan 17, 2014

smokingpistol wrote:
The Shooting Gallery stats should DEFINATELY be reset. Why it has steadily gone up is beyond me, and is a huge barrier at least personally stopping me from playing that game in particular (which is one of my favorites).

It's like DL try to screw us at every levels. Affraid some users could get something cheap out of it.

If you want the average home user to have a chance at it. Some will cruise on the top of the wave.

If only the best hardcore gamers have a chance at anything...  You won't see many people opening their wallet for very long.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 122 of 165 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2014

DL just needs to cut their losses and drop the whole "we want you to play games to win tokens" thing. Turn it into a gifting space where you buy token packs directly and they'll be amazed at both the traffic and cash flowing into this space. There's a reason why Veemee, Juggernaut, Hellfire and now Granzella have decided to make gifting machines, because of the success of LKWD's. It's a surefire hit as people love to be able to buy gifts for their friends.

I know I'd buy the biggest trade token bundle, as long as it was fairly priced and a good deal. Also it'd be nice if in doing this they also allowed us the option to gift ourselves. I'd also be visiting frequently to gift my friends and such (including some who have never bothered coming here), because I'd feel very generous in my over-excitement to get the female outlaw boss outfit (unless a color variant appears in the mall like the ruffle coat, which I instantly bought)

EVERYONE I've spoken to about it in world, including people not on my FL, said the same thing: either turn it into a gifting space or just put the items in the mall. There aren't many who want to play horrible games for a near non-existent token payout and then have to TRADE for rewards, with or without free gold.

Anyways, besides all that, one of my friends was interested in the "grey saloon girl" outfit, but apparently that's no longer present in the trading post? Did they pull these or something? Not that it matters since hardly anyone is going to put in the time and effort to get them, but still, why did they do that?

Message 123 of 165 (776 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
3315 posts
 

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2014

Everyone I spoke to in my life want free and effortless things...

Problem with Wasted Frontier is... it's doesnt work most of time. Either my avatar won't load and when I try to leave nothings works and I have to quit home. Or I just don't receive the meager 100 golds.

I agree on one thing. If D_L want more money from it. Just put some of the rewards item in a standard store.

 

Gotta play the game to earn rewards.. Is it that hard to understand?

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 124 of 165 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
13176 posts
 

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2014

Digital Leisure would only have to start on page one of this thread to see what the issues with this space are. While the 100 free gold a day is a nice gesture, it certainly is no saving grace for the poor planning and execution of the space.

 

With a few changes, this space could be fun, worthwhile and profitable. What they're doing now is nothing more than putting a Band-Aid on a hatchet wound.

Message 125 of 165 (756 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
3315 posts
 

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

Jan 18, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Digital Leisure would only have to start on page one of this thread to see what the issues with this space are. While the 100 free gold a day is a nice gesture, it certainly is no saving grace for the poor planning and execution of the space.

 

With a few changes, this space could be fun, worthwhile and profitable. What they're doing now is nothing more than putting a Band_Aid on a hatchet wound.


Exactly! W_F is so close to a lot of good ideas. But far from it on everything. 

As example: I want at lest some tokens everytime I play a game. Wich means.. spend money! This would had been a great idea at first... Now they need to couple this with some free golds/day or it won't be enough.

 

Why people thinks it should be a gift place? Do I see complaints about not being able to gift everytime a new place/theme/game come by?

 

Sure D_L could build a gift machine! They could even throw in some western stuff in it!. That won't make Western Frontier a place to hang at. That's what this place need. People. 

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 126 of 165 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

Jan 18, 2014

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

Everyone I spoke to in my life want free and effortless things...

Problem with Wasted Frontier is... it's doesnt work most of time. Either my avatar won't load and when I try to leave nothings works and I have to quit home. Or I just don't receive the meager 100 golds.

I agree on one thing. If D_L want more money from it. Just put some of the rewards item in a standard store.

 

Gotta play the game to earn rewards.. Is it that hard to understand?


I don't want free things, just effortless. I'm willing to spend $$$ on trade tokens or buying them in the mall, but I refuse to waste my time and lose my sanity going through their asinine system to "earn" them. Many people also feel this way as evidenced by the lack of traffic here even with the free gold, and of course by the lack of money being spent.

 

And is it that hard to understand that hardly anyone wants to play the pathetic excuses for "games" to win a secondary currency which has a microscopic payout and then find someone else who has also done this and initiate a trade?

 

DL has failed with this system, that much is obvious from simply walking into the space, so it's time for them to rehaul it, drop the "games", and just straight up turn it into a gifting space. OR, drop the trade tokens and trading and let us win the rewards directly, like the casino. However, considering how terrible the games are, without a total overhaul of the games (especially shooting gallery) the first option is much more viable.

Message 127 of 165 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2014

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

 

Why people thinks it should be a gift place? Do I see complaints about not being able to gift everytime a new place/theme/game come by?

 

Sure D_L could build a gift machine! They could even throw in some western stuff in it!. That won't make Western Frontier a place to hang at. That's what this place need. People. 


Are you even capable of reading my posts thoroughly? Why do people think it should be a gifting space? GEE, I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE BECAUSE DL FELT THE IDIOTIC NEED TO MAKE US TRADE OR GIFT FOR THE REWARDS?!

 

In case you didn't notice, NO other games in Home make you earn a secondary currency and trade for the rewards.

 

And I didn't say build a gift machine. I said turn this space into a gifting space that people have to visit to trade. Obviously, this place will be packed then with people gifting each other. The gold>games>tokens>trade system has failed, the free gold has provided very little incentive for the average home user to visit, and thus it's time for them to overhaul the system in this space. That's the only thing that will make this a place for people to hang around in.

Message 128 of 165 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
3315 posts
 

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

Jan 18, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

 

Why people thinks it should be a gift place? Do I see complaints about not being able to gift everytime a new place/theme/game come by?

 

Sure D_L could build a gift machine! They could even throw in some western stuff in it!. That won't make Western Frontier a place to hang at. That's what this place need. People. 


Are you even capable of reading my posts thoroughly? Why do people think it should be a gifting space? GEE, I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE BECAUSE DL FELT THE IDIOTIC NEED TO MAKE US TRADE OR GIFT FOR THE REWARDS?!

 

In case you didn't notice, NO other games in Home make you earn a secondary currency and trade for the rewards.

 

And I didn't say build a gift machine. I said turn this space into a gifting space that people have to visit to trade. Obviously, this place will be packed then with people gifting each other. The gold>games>tokens>trade system has failed, the free gold has provided very little incentive for the average home user to visit, and thus it's time for them to overhaul the system in this space. That's the only thing that will make this a place for people to hang around in.


Just because a few fashionista dont like the games doesn't mean they are that bad. Theyre is much worst games on home from wich I never heard that much complaints.

Sure the trade thing look better on paper. Maybe they could get rid of it and simply have you buy things with tokens instead of trading. THAT would be a viable solution.

Sorry, but even in the gaming world money can't buy you everything you want. 

As I already told you. You don't want to play the games. Tough **bleep**, you won't get the rewards, Deal with it.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 129 of 165 (729 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 11/22/2013
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

Jan 18, 2014

I was actually going to comment that the Western Frontier promotion seems to be attracting a significant new influx of people.  I don't know if this is being caused by the 100 gold per day, the fact that Western Frontier is prominently displayed in the welcome message and navigator menu this week, or a combination of these factors.  I also don't know how permanent this influx of people will be.

 

As someone who hangs around Western Frontier frequently, I can say without hesitation that there have definitely been more people around since Wednesday's update, though.  I spent a lot of time mining yesterday, and there were enough people inside the mine to be a bit of an annoyance (note: there are normally very few people inside the mine).  On the bright side, though, there have also been enough new people in the Saloon to make Liar's Dice a profitable endeavor again.  I haven't been around Stagecoach, but I was told by a regular there that lots of new people have also been participating in the races.  I can't comment on the Shooting Gallery or Showdown, because I don't normally play those games.

 

Like I said, I don't know how long the influx of new people will last.  I, for one, am trying to take advantage of it while I can by spending more time on Liar's Dice and less time on other Western Frontier activities.  I had originally planned to do more mining this weekend, but if I can turn a profit hustling the dice, I'll save my pickaxes for leaner days.

 

I still agree that there are several issues with the Western Frontier area in general that need to be resolved (mainly bugs and game difficulty).  I don't think it would be a good idea for them to scrap the entire "game" aspect of the space.  Digital Leisure is catering to a niche portion of the Playstation Home user base that actually prefers to earn rewards by playing games.  This seems to work really well with the casino, and I think it might also work with Western Frontier if Digital Leisure keeps making the right tweaks.

 

 

--AA

Message 130 of 165 (712 Views)