First Son
17 posts

Re: Well that was unexpected

Jul 16, 2013

From my experience, this only works if you have a lot of fossils left to find. Once you get down to five or so missing fossils, the two-for-one's stop appearing. I haven't had one of those since late 2012.

yh same here, never get 2 in 1 anymore, 4 left to find for me

Message 11 of 22 (178 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Left4Dinner wrote:
hey Mermaid, quick question since were talking about the fossil thing. I went to the store to find the better tools and even the lucky charm thing, and did not see them in the store. Is there any where else I can go to buy them, or am I just out of luck? I recently bought the hideaway home so I have access to the second digging spot, but Im interested in seeing if I can have better luck in getting better finds.

check the shop at the southern island public space they shoudl be in there

Message 12 of 22 (175 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 16, 2013
Sorry I can't quote, I'm on my iPhone, but in response to HearItWow, I certainly noticed a drop off in 2-in-1s when I was near the end, my final fossil was found from a regular clod, but 2-in-1s do still happen, even down to finding your last fossil. Someone commented recently on the guide thread that a 2-in-1 got them their last fossil.

Whilst its may not be much, there is still a chance you'll find those last fossils from a 2-in-1, so there's no harm in trying, it doesn't cost any extra and you might just get that little bit of luck you need.
Message 13 of 22 (161 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:
Sorry I can't quote, I'm on my iPhone, but in response to HearItWow, I certainly noticed a drop off in 2-in-1s when I was near the end, my final fossil was found from a regular clod, but 2-in-1s do still happen, even down to finding your last fossil. Someone commented recently on the guide thread that a 2-in-1 got them their last fossil.

Whilst its may not be much, there is still a chance you'll find those last fossils from a 2-in-1, so there's no harm in trying, it doesn't cost any extra and you might just get that little bit of luck you need.

You both are likely correct, as from my testing there is a specific number of 2-1 fossil finds with specific fossils assigned to each one.  So once you get them, they do not come up any more.  This is why in HIW's case, he likely already earned all the 2-1s long ago (possibly using the script trick) Smiley Wink   thus why he stopped seeing them later on.  

It's just like the fossil sites, the fossils are preassigned to each site, so once you collect them all, not only are you alerted that you have found all the fossils from that site, but if you keep digging you wont ever find any new fossils.

I thought I posted about this last year in Kelly's wonderful fossil guide thread, but maybe it was a dif thread.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 14 of 22 (150 Views)
Sackboy
447 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

EDIT:  not sure why this is blank since my post is the post below here

Message 15 of 22 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Jul 16, 2013

steamheart wrote:

Left4Dinner wrote:
hey Mermaid, quick question since were talking about the fossil thing. I went to the store to find the better tools and even the lucky charm thing, and did not see them in the store. Is there any where else I can go to buy them, or am I just out of luck? I recently bought the hideaway home so I have access to the second digging spot, but Im interested in seeing if I can have better luck in getting better finds.

From the navigator>Shopping>Granzella>Furniture>Ancient should get you to the digging tools, charms, and display plates.  I have found that on occasion, I will find items in Granzella's Navigator tab when I can not find them in stores located "in-space".  I am not in HOME, so I am afraid I can not list prices.  I hope this information may be of use to you. 

Thanks, I'll try that out tonight and report on my findings.

@Other guy, I did that at first and no luck.  I know they were there last year since thats when I first joined and saw them when I was buying the collection sets. 

Message 16 of 22 (143 Views)
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Jul 16, 2013

a word of caution, the 3 "lucky charms" don't really seem to do anything.  At least since I bought them a few weeks ago, I haven't really seen a noticable difference.  I'd recommend getting upgraded tools instead. (Skip the lesser ones and go for the 'best' of each tool you want to upgrade.)

Message 17 of 22 (134 Views)
Sackboy
447 posts

Jul 17, 2013
@Steamheart, so I did what you said, going to the Shopping tab, then Granzella, and the furniture but no luck finding the Ancient. I'll try again, just in case, but I'm kinda bummed that I cant find them lol
Message 18 of 22 (111 Views)
Sackboy
404 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

Left4Dinner wrote:
@Steamheart, so I did what you said, going to the Shopping tab, then Granzella, and the furniture but no luck finding the Ancient. I'll try again, just in case, but I'm kinda bummed that I cant find them lol

Are you are using the Furniture Tab directly beneath the New Item Tab in the Granzella Store accessed via navigator?  It will be the first tab on the second row and directly below the New Item Tab. Clicking that tab will take you to a sub set of tabs listing various furniture categories.  The Ancient Tab is the first tab on the second row.  Clicking that tab should take you to the tools, charms, and display plates.

I am not sure where you are in the world, but looking at the prices, the cost to completely kit out your avatar with the very best gear should be roughly 10 to 12 USD before tax.  The display plates run about 1.99 USD per plate.  Unless I am mistaken, the plates are purely decorative.  They should not contribute anything to your success(or lack of success)finding fossils at the various dig sites. 

Hopefully this information may prove useful to you.  My apologies to you if it is not.  I would post pictures for you if I could, but this is a capability I lack.  Would another user reading this thread be willing to do so to help Left4Dinner find what he is looking for?

Message 19 of 22 (106 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Left4Dinner wrote:

That's odd.  Maybe they changed the layouts of the store tabs for GZ.  So you clicked on GZ in the shopping nav menu, then clicked on Furnishings, and you didn't see a tab for "Ancient"?  It should be there along with tabs for:

Arabian

Professionals

Edo

Tropical

Casual

Luxury

There is a second level tab for furnishings, maybe you didn't notice the Ancient tab and instead clicked on that.  if so that would explain why you didn't see the tab for the Ancient items, as none of the different themed tabs are in the second level furnishings tab.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 20 of 22 (85 Views)