Keyblade Wielder
6491 posts

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

Nov 28, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

KatCall75 wrote:

One of them reacts to what weapons you own, I think, right?  It displays them or something?

If you have a EDO sword on, it plays and animation of you taking the sword and putting on the rack.

It only does it if you enter through the first option.

What do you mean by enter through the first option? Is that by the Navigator?

At the House. The first option that has that funky camera angle and has you kneel.

Message 31 of 71 (21,273 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Nov 28, 2012

When you enter the actual tea house within the space, it gives you the option to go in normally with all your clothing and normal camera angle, or to do the ceremony (which causes you to remove your shoes and weapon, and changes the camera angle).

Message 32 of 71 (21,267 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9496 posts

Nov 28, 2012
All this info given has made me reconsider this space. Thanks guys I like the sword thing and the different time/sound settings appeal to me. I will start my grind in edo shortly :smileyhappy:
Support Forums
Message 33 of 71 (21,256 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

A few other features of the apt I forgot to mention:

There is the stone with water where you actually crouch down to wash your hands, also there are a large number of points of interest all over the entire area you can select, and they explain what each structure is.

It isn't the biggest apartment, but it has a lot of detail and interactivity.

Once I think of how to word it, and read through the descriptions of what other items are supposed to unlock in the teahouse after buying, I'll tweet Granzella about it. So far I only know of the shishi-odori, but I bought all furniture from here.

I also think, but am not 100% certain, that the sweets you buy give you the option to use them during the tea ceremony.

I just noticed the option of buying additional flooring on the other page...there are 3 different styles of tatami mats in the edo store in NA, but idk if that does anything...I haven't seen an option to change the floor yet.

I have to say, this is the first apartment (besides Cutteridge and it's updates) where I didn't discover everything about the apartment right away, as I only found out about the sword thing and flooring option from this topic!

And I had a great time this morning reading the descriptions and playing with all the viewing options and seperate rooms in the teahouse.

This is the first time we've gotten a first person perspective in Home outside of something like Bootleggers. It would be nice if we could do it around the entire place, but unfortunately it only works within the teahouse (entering the house counts as a game)

Finally it's worth noting that aside from functionality, it is easily one of the most aesthetically pleasing apartments ever made, it has beautiful scenery and a meticulus attention to detail, as well as the lovely natural sounds. 

Message 34 of 71 (21,217 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
778 posts

Nov 28, 2012

i will buy it , i will attempt to glitch it . if that fails i will fill it with horse poop i won at the midway and go about my business . 

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Message 35 of 71 (21,208 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6491 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

Once I think of how to word it, and read through the descriptions of what other items are supposed to unlock in the teahouse after buying, I'll tweet Granzella about it. So far I only know of the shishi-odori, but I bought all furniture from here.

Everything is just Deco, besides the fountain and lanterns.

I also think, but am not 100% certain, that the sweets you buy give you the option to use them during the tea ceremony.

I don't have them, but I'm pretty sure they're just Deco also.

I just noticed the option of buying additional flooring on the other page...there are 3 different styles of tatami mats in the edo store in NA, but idk if that does anything...I haven't seen an option to change the floor yet.

The rock at the back of the house is where you can change out items. Lanterns, Tea kettles and flooring

Message 36 of 71 (21,201 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

WOW...I feel dumb...thanks for the info...it would have taken me a while to realize that rock back there was for deco...

This also lets you place the shishi-odori, so no need to tweet Granzella lol.

Also, yes, all 3 tatamis you can buy from the Edo store work here, I just bought them and tried it. Very awesome!

So the lanterns, shihi-odori, tea kettle, and tatami mats function in the same fashion as the weather vanes in the hideaway and glittering sands.

Also, have you hosted a tea ceremony yet CMC? If you do, try to take note of whether it asks you if you want to place sweets, and if so, does it give you a big list?

I tried it out this morning, and it asked me if I wanted to place sweets, and gave me a list of all the sweets items from the bundle (I'm pretty sure it did anyways, I'll have to double check now..)

Message 37 of 71 (21,193 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
477 posts

Nov 28, 2012

The update GZ needs to do to the Edo is the Bon festival/ firework event which is an end of summer event. But it seems they are serving it to us for new years. I'm just wondering if the Edo will get the other two updates prior to the bon festival or will they be skipped. We already have some of the costume content that goes to those updates like ninja outfits and stuff but with no update to the games. In my opinion its a shame, because with all of the games we have in Home the Edo lounge is a solid. It's been out for quite some time, and it's still an active discussion because people are still using it. Other games in Home may never work right. Granzella has some of the most expensive content and it sells very well. In my opinion if you are going to continue to bring content  from EU and Japan the updates should be as timely as possible as they were in those regions. Who is going to spend money in NA if they can just visit a friend somewhere else who has the updated content 6 months in advance?  GZ tweeted in august that we would have the Bon festival in September. If that would have happened the content would have been available for users to use in the Tea House today when it was released. In no way am I bashing Sony or Granzella on this topic but the customers shouldn't feel left out at Home. I will be buying this space if anyone would like a tour, hit me up. I also will go get my RYO points up so that when it is released I will be able to get all of the Tea House accessories to unlock all of the options in the space, not just the gate. :manhappy:

photo resize187x186_zps228e9f5d.gif
Message 38 of 71 (21,169 Views)
Wastelander
658 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Oh granzella, You never cease to top yourself in failing do you?

See that?

No?

It was me taking my money elsewhere.

Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 39 of 71 (21,151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Are you saying that if i do not play the Edo game, that i would never unlock the other parts of the teahouse space ?

Message 40 of 71 (21,138 Views)
0 Likes