Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/22/2008
Offline
3519 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Looks like I will be waiting till the end of the year then Granzella. I completed edo a long time ago...

 

 

Message 11 of 71 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

Nov 28, 2012

I have a video I made not to long ago at a friends tea house in Japan. I made this before he unlocked the second area sadly. Steve has additional videos that were included in an article he wrote for the Gazette.

 

 

Second Tea House

 

Message 12 of 71 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
11094 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

Nov 28, 2012

musicman1234 wrote:

Looks like I will be waiting till the end of the year then Granzella. I completed edo a long time ago...

 

 


You do know that 2 or 3 Teakettles you need are 3900 RYO each.

 

Message 13 of 71 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

I never cared about the fact that you can't access the second area, so I don't get the "gloating" and sarcasm in the title and initial post, CMC. It's really a non-issue, and no one is "crying" over it like you thought.

The only reason for the month of complaints was that EU got this before us, AND it was falsely advertised on the blog on Nov 5th. When this first came out in JP, I wasn't jealous and didn't expect it to be localized in English any time soon, let alone with the Edo update.

Now with this knowledge, at most, some people on here said they won't buy it. Most people in NA don't even know there's supposed to be a secret room. This is not a "gimped" apartment, it is simply missing an optional expansion. It's not the same.

Not everyone who does know cares, either, it's a minor annoyance at most, not a deal breaker, except to people caring out of principle. You'd expect me to, but I'd only care if EU gets the Edo update before us.

To my knowledge there isn't even anything back there anyways except another house? I don't think there's anything interactive and if it is it's owner only? I've only been once to a JP apt so I can't remember.

Regardless of the fact that you can't access the optional second area, this is still leaps and bounds ahead of most apartments in NA for the tea ceremony alone, there is absolutely nothing like it in Home as of now. Only 7 winds and GZ burger have more interactivity and are as innovative.

Also, the day night cycle is unique and stands apart even from the other Granzella apts with it, as there are unique sounds for each time of day. The only other place with unique sounds for day/night is 7 winds, but the sounds at the teahouse are more exotic.

My only LEGITIMATE problem with the teahouse is that the shishi-odori didn't unlock in the apartment as per the description, and also that it, as well as the lanterns, were only supposed to be available from the teahouse store. This is the same problem that happened with the GZ burger stuff.

I'll try tweeting GZ about this later if no one else does it first.

Message 14 of 71 (303 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

Nov 28, 2012

There is a second tea ceremony in that second house with a station for activating it. I personally plan on getting this eventually. I find the space pretty tranquil and it's great for photo shoots! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 71 (291 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/03/2011
Offline
2291 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

Nov 28, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

There is a second tea ceremony in that second house with a station for activating it. I personally plan on getting this eventually. I find the space pretty tranquil and it's great for photo shoots! Smiley Happy


The whole thing is a very nice spot.  Has everything I need in a personal space.

 

Message 16 of 71 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Does the second teahouse have a different ceremony then the first?

Also I should point out the main teahouse room has separate rooms you can travel between, and also allows you to move around in first person perspective if you wish, as well as sit in a unique style.

This is well worth the price even without the (temporary) lack of expansion area.

Message 17 of 71 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 10/14/2010
Offline
69 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

Nov 28, 2012

I unlocked the second house in my one in Japan, it's nothing too amazing but just the fact that it's there is pretty nice. As for the space itself, it looks great and the day/night cycle is really cool. For 500 yen it was an easy purchase, for $7 I would hesitate. If anyone is curious to see it with the second house, send me a message and I can show you around.

Message 18 of 71 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

Nov 28, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:
Does the second teahouse have a different ceremony then the first?

Also I should point out the main teahouse room has separate rooms you can travel between, and also allows you to move around in first person, as well as sit in a unique style.

This is well worth the price even without the (temporary) lack of expansion area.

It's really really small inside the second one and yes the ceremony is different although with a similar idea.

 

Personally I love the idea it links to EDO. I don't know if EDO has a direct link back to the Tea House. I love when personal space and public have a common link between them.

 

I love my Glittering Sands Private space and the ability to jump back and forth between public and private without needing to use a navigator.

 

Message 19 of 71 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/03/2011
Offline
2291 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

Nov 28, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:
Does the second teahouse have a different ceremony then the first?

Also I should point out the main teahouse room has separate rooms you can travel between, and also allows you to move around in first person, as well as sit in a unique style.

This is well worth the price even without the (temporary) lack of expansion area.

It's really really small inside the second one and yes the ceremony is different although with a similar idea.

 

Personally I love the idea it links to EDO. I don't know if EDO has a direct link back to the Tea House. I love when personal space and public have a common link between them.

 

I love my Glittering Sands Private space and the ability to jump back and forth between public and private without needing to use a navigator.

 


One of them reacts to what weapons you own, I think, right?  It displays them or something?

 

Message 20 of 71 (263 Views)
0 Likes