Highlighted
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: Welcome to the Teahouse Suckers...LOL.

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

I'm definetly going to buy this space. I love the ones that are full of nature. But what will we have to do at EDO to unlock things? That game where you fight the cyclops?

bobs fed signature
Message 21 of 71 (4,918 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 28, 2012

KatCall75 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:
Does the second teahouse have a different ceremony then the first?

Also I should point out the main teahouse room has separate rooms you can travel between, and also allows you to move around in first person, as well as sit in a unique style.

This is well worth the price even without the (temporary) lack of expansion area.

It's really really small inside the second one and yes the ceremony is different although with a similar idea.

Personally I love the idea it links to EDO. I don't know if EDO has a direct link back to the Tea House. I love when personal space and public have a common link between them.

I love my Glittering Sands Private space and the ability to jump back and forth between public and private without needing to use a navigator.

One of them reacts to what weapons you own, I think, right?  It displays them or something?

I don't know anything about weapons. Perhaps someone who owns it in Japan can give more information.

Message 22 of 71 (4,908 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Yeah Joanna, the Glittering Sands link is also useful because it skips the stupid loading screen when entering the public beach.

It would be nice if the teahouse and hideaway also skipped the loading screens for their respective counterparts.

Also for people still debating over the price, the 7 dollars is for the tea ceremony, the interactivity in the main tea house, and the day/night setting. Plus an optional reward expansion in Decemeber (assuming they don't delay it)

It's much better then paying 5 dollars for an apartment with NO features (RaceON) or 6 for a very limited activity with no rewards (Savage Manor) or 9 for absolutely nothing but a huge empty space (Cathedral).

So unless people also didn't buy those and similarly useless apartments, there's no way to say this isn't worth the price considering the interactive and unique features it has. Unless of course a Japanese teahouse isn't your style.

Message 23 of 71 (4,906 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

You're right Tarazuma, it does have more features than most places so that would definitely help justify the higher price. I just think $7 is a bit too much for any single item, so I'm a bit biased in that regard.

As for the weapons, the only thing I've noticed is when you are wearing one of the weapons from Edo and you enter the tea house, it does a short animation with your avatar putting the weapon away on the shelf.

Bobsfed, yes you need to play the mononoke hunting game in Edo. To unlock the second house you need to build up enough points to buy one of the tea sets from the old lady. Seems there are other things to unlock as well, such as different flooring skins for the houses.

Message 24 of 71 (4,893 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

soft-eyes wrote:

You're right Tarazuma, it does have more features than most places so that would definitely help justify the higher price. I just think $7 is a bit too much for any single item, so I'm a bit biased in that regard.

As for the weapons, the only thing I've noticed is when you are wearing one of the weapons from Edo and you enter the tea house, it does a short animation with your avatar putting the weapon away on the shelf.

Bobsfed, yes you need to play the mononoke hunting game in Edo. You need to build up enough points to buy one of the tea sets from the old lady.

Is there a direct link – transport – from EDO to the Tea House? And the weapon sheathing sounds pretty neat. I have the sword and just finished my fossil museum so EDO may be beckening. I need something new to keep me busy.

Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 71 (4,889 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11640 posts

Nov 28, 2012

KatCall75 wrote:

One of them reacts to what weapons you own, I think, right?  It displays them or something?

If you have a EDO sword on, it plays and animation of you taking the sword and putting on the rack.

It only does it if you enter through the first option.

Message 26 of 71 (4,885 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11640 posts

Nov 28, 2012

soft-eyes wrote:

Bobsfed, yes you need to play the mononoke hunting game in Edo. To unlock the second house you need to build up enough points to buy one of the tea sets from the old lady. Seems there are other things to unlock as well, such as different flooring skins for the houses.

The flooring can be purchased in the regular Granzella store, idk if they are available in NA yet.

Message 27 of 71 (4,882 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

I thought maybe there was a transport from the entrance, but I forget now, I'll check when I go back there if no one answers first lol

Also you have a good point Joanna, it's probably a good idea to start the tedious grind for ryo now, so we will be done by the time the new items get here!

Message 28 of 71 (4,879 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 28, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

KatCall75 wrote:

If you have a EDO sword on, it plays and animation of you taking the sword and putting on the rack.

It only does it if you enter through the first option.

What do you mean by enter through the first option? Is that by the Navigator?

Message 29 of 71 (4,879 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Nov 28, 2012

No transport that I've found. There is some stuff to select around the entrance, not sure what it says, doesn't seem to be a transport though.

Message 30 of 71 (4,875 Views)
0 Likes