Fender Bender
2003 posts

Re: Weekly Content or NOT?

Nov 24, 2012

Case in point.  All these locomotion items are pretty cool. But they lag which greatly reduce the enjoyment of them.  And we cant use our pets at the same time.  I have about 20 companions that I like a lot but now I seldom use them because riding around on a tiger or lion is more fun.  How come we cant use both at the same time?  Why cant they design stuff that is geared toward maximum enjoyment instead of just pumping more stuff out. Like actives too many arent worth using because they take up so much space.  Impulse spending is one thing but when you buy stuff that you never can use because of various reasons it becomes a symptom of ADD or whatever. I have so many plants and ornaments that I should have 200 slots to be satisfied.  Maybe we would be better off paying a fee each month and checking items out like a library.  I dont mind being a consumer but im beginning to feel overwhelmed and consumed by too much.  Sure I dont have to buy the stuff but  should be a better way to use what I have.

Message 21 of 53 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Yeah more UPDATES the better... If they cut it back to one every two weeks like it was years ago HOME will indeed not Survive it now...

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 22 of 53 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 24, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:
Personally, instead of new content added to the stores every week, I think new paid content should be added every second week with the other week used strictly for maintenance/bug fixes. Yes we all LOVE the new content, but at this rate does anyone REALLY get to enjoy their purchases? Barely before you need to get hyped up about the brand new hotness coming out in a few days. It jut seems like such alot of downtime to add what they do. Just save resources, make sure the content coming is correct, and release every two weeks. Clearly NA Home cant get its stuff together as week after week there have been serious and not so serious pricing and other store errors. I believe its because of the huge weekly crunch. Would YOU as the user be satisfied with a switch like that? This idea is purely hypothetical, but please leave any comments you may have. This weekly barrage is getting to be TOO MUCH. Its almost becoming a turnoff. We all have wardrobes and furniture folders that are bursting, but yet new stuff to add. I think this all needs to be re-evaluated, as they have turned Home from a free world to enjoy to a barrage of BUY ME NOW ads, and posters. This is Home general where we used to discuss Home topics of every societal aspect, and now use them to demand/rant/rave about our already bought or about to buy items. Lets stop being mindless consumers and think of ways to better this experience we all call Home. Thanks.

Doing it that way might make Home come out of beta some day.  I like this idea.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 23 of 53 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Nov 24, 2012

U2crazy4me wrote:

goodSuM wrote:

If it cycled like that, maybe the new games that come out won't have that rushed feeling to them.  Like, when they fixed Home Tycoon and other games like that.  Then they would have an extra week to get it right, instead of having it out at the earliest Wednesday.

Actually for what you said it would create the opposite effect.. Whether rushed or not there will always be 'some' problems when a game is first released for Home, because till it goes live they can't test for everything. Games that are developed for Home like Tycoon can only be tested so much while they are building it off line.. In testing they are very limited by how many people can test to see how it works and how much it might be burdened, which means they can't exactly know what's going to happen once you have millions of users trying to use it at once when it goes live..

Like I said no matter what there will always be problems and this is where this idea has a problem.. Say like what happened with Tycoon, if they were able to come up with a fix for it in less then a week but the next update/maintenance time isn't for another 2 weeks from that time then you have to deal with a broken game for that much longer or even worse the people that had problems buying token packs for the game would have to wait 2 weeks for that to be fixed.

Im not saying that over all what the OP is saying is a bad idea but the way things are now it will create far more problems then you are even thinking of. If you think Home runs bad now wait till there is a real problem and you have to wait 2 weeks instead of 1 week or less for it to be fixed. And to the ones comparing Home now to back in the day you can't do that cause back then there were next to no 2nd and 3rd party devs on Home, in other words there was no new stuff to post every week anyway. And Home has never been free to whom ever made that comment, Its free to sign on and use the service but if you wanted items or PS's you had to buy, there was just far less to chose from.

I'm just basing it off of what I've seen since Open Beta started.  All old games worked when they were released, like the EA space, SodiumOne, Novus Prime, Saucer Pop...  But yet all these new games are broken: Mercia, Home Tycoon, the Halloween game, Cutthroats, Uproar...  Considering 64 users (or 32...  I forget right now) was always the limit of server space for an instance, I don't see why things are now so hectic.  Either that, or the developers have too much they're working on and get in over their heads.  I just don't see why it's a new problem when server load is the same (you know, since SodiumOne and Novus Prime should have broken at some point, but they didn't).

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 24 of 53 (144 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 24, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Doing it that way might make Home come out of beta some day.  I like this idea.

What exactly would you hope to gain by Home "coming out of beta"? I don't think that removal of the beta tag would be a panacea for all of Home's issues.

Message 25 of 53 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 24, 2012

myalana wrote:
What exactly would you hope to gain by Home "coming out of beta"? I don't think that removal of the beta tag would be a panacea for all of Home's issues.

1. more companies would invest in Home if it's finished.
  2. less bugs and glitches (never a bad thing)
  3. More people buying in Home (some of my friends refuse to buy anything in Home tell it comes out of the beta)
  4. security (knowing that my item's will not be deleted the next update with no way of getting them back)
  5. finally get all the item's and spaces that we had in the closed beta.
  6. just to name a few...

GAPHome

General

Message 26 of 53 (113 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Nov 24, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

myalana wrote:

3. More people buying in Home (some of my friends refuse to buy anything in Home tell it comes out of the beta)
  4. security (knowing that my item's will not be deleted the next update with no way of getting them back)
  6. just to name a few...

You're dreaming, non of that would happen even if Home came out of Beta.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 53 (109 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 24, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

myalana wrote:

6. just to name a few...

You are quite the optimist sir. I fail to see how the removal of that beta tag would accomplish those goals. I believe the "beta" designation is rather convenient at times to hide behind, but this is really it. They aren't holding back some great new features or past content. They do what they can to sell it as is...it's business after all. Home will never be "finished" in the way you are referring to and we wouldn't be happy if it was.

Message 28 of 53 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Imagine if they removed the beta tag today. It would still be an unfinished product. Removing it later won't make it any more finished either Smiley Tongue

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 29 of 53 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 24, 2012

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

myalana wrote:

6. less freezing = less damage to my PS3
  7. just to name a few...

You're dreaming, non of that would happen even if Home came out of Beta.

In lamens terms all a beta is, is a buggy program.  The makers of Home would like you to think that a beta is an unfished program but that's not true at all.  Almost all programs these day's get updated and or have things added to it.

Soo, if there was a buggy program out there and you own a big companie would you invest in it?  Or wait tell it becomes a program?  2 this one is so obvious.  3 alot of people from CB still won't buy anything in Home tell it come's out of beta.  4. again obvious if Sony is a good companie they lose our item's after Home come's out of beta they need to find a way to make it right to us.   5.  I'm still seeing CB item's being added to Home all the time.  

In short all thoes things should happen when Home come's out of the beta.

GAPHome

General

Message 30 of 53 (93 Views)
0 Likes