Nov 23 2012
By: smokingpistol Welcoming Committee 9504 posts

Weekly Content or NOT?

52 replies 532 views Edited Nov 23, 2012
Personally, instead of new content added to the stores every week, I think new paid content should be added every second week with the other week used strictly for maintenance/bug fixes. Yes we all LOVE the new content, but at this rate does anyone REALLY get to enjoy their purchases? Barely before you need to get hyped up about the brand new hotness coming out in a few days. It jut seems like such alot of downtime to add what they do. Just save resources, make sure the content coming is correct, and release every two weeks. Clearly NA Home cant get its stuff together as week after week there have been serious and not so serious pricing and other store errors. I believe its because of the huge weekly crunch. Would YOU as the user be satisfied with a switch like that? This idea is purely hypothetical, but please leave any comments you may have. This weekly barrage is getting to be TOO MUCH. Its almost becoming a turnoff. We all have wardrobes and furniture folders that are bursting, but yet new stuff to add. I think this all needs to be re-evaluated, as they have turned Home from a free world to enjoy to a barrage of BUY ME NOW ads, and posters. This is Home general where we used to discuss Home topics of every societal aspect, and now use them to demand/rant/rave about our already bought or about to buy items. Lets stop being mindless consumers and think of ways to better this experience we all call Home. Thanks.
Support Forums
Message 1 of 53 (532 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29267 posts

Re: Weekly Content or NOT?

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

Oh people would get upset with that. Nothing wrong with more QA though. Personally I have very few issues with store bought items. Issues are more related to network and the like. 

Biggest turnoff for me is the lack of inventory management both in wardrobe and in furniture/decorating. I find that to be a real issue and for me at least I don't buy bundles because of it. Everyone keeps hoping the next core will do something about it but that never seems to happen.

Relative to content one needs to understand there is no need to own it all be it store or rewards. Many of us have more than enough stuff. 

Message 2 of 53 (526 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6773 posts

Nov 23, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:
Lets stop being mindless consumers and think of ways to better this experience we all call Home. Thanks.

One tip I can give is never drink and shop with money in your wallet..........LOL.

I like the slow weeks myself, so I wouldn't mind a bi-weekly update to the stores.

However, you'd just end up getting twice as much.

Message 3 of 53 (520 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

I think right now, my biggest concern is the overhaul of locomotion items.

Of course, these items are a  new way to play Home. Plus, they have just about any kind out there to suit somones appeal.

However, if they keep releasing more weekly. Especially more winged loco items, it's going to become old very fast.

Also, it's going to hurt some peoples wallets.

I feel they should ease up on releasing a new set, every week.

Maybe every 3 weeks? Or 4? Because those things, can get quite expensive if you add them all up.

Plus, some people just have to buy them all. 

Message 4 of 53 (504 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4072 posts

Nov 23, 2012
It used to be this way in the past like 2008 and 2009. Every 2 weeks was swapping between bug fixes or content releases. I wouldn't mind it going back to this personally can't keep up with all the stuff being released

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 5 of 53 (452 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I don't think that more bugs will be fixed if there are fewer virtual items releases.  I'm sure the people who fix bugs in Home, and the people who make virtual items don't really swap jobs, so fewer releases would just increase the chance of having item makers standing around bored.

Message 6 of 53 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Nov 23, 2012

At the end of every month, they should work on fixing stuff rather than releasing content. 

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 7 of 53 (404 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Maybe if the updates were every 2 weeks instead of 1 the staff would have a little more time to communicate with the community. They might even address concerns and think of organizing some community events. Blog posts promoting and polls asking about the newest releases aren't the most productive means of engaging us.

Message 8 of 53 (391 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2116 posts

Nov 23, 2012

If it cycled like that, maybe the new games that come out won't have that rushed feeling to them.  Like, when they fixed Home Tycoon and other games like that.  Then they would have an extra week to get it right, instead of having it out at the earliest Wednesday.

Check this out if you're on a Vita.
Message 9 of 53 (388 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9504 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Exactly just an extra week for everyone really. An extra week for developers to fix whats wrong, an extra week without running back to see whats coming next, so you can ENJOY your purchases pressure free before the new new. Alot feels rushed currently, and release dates are constantly broke, muddled. I know we are all human, but the sheer goal of weekly quality is hard, and although giving it a great go, I'd say its more a fail then anything. It feels like we're rushing to the end, instead of enjoying what we have built this far. Thanks for the responses I think it would help Homes current state on many levels.
Support Forums
Message 10 of 53 (362 Views)