GAPHome

General

Message 41 of 53 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: Weekly Content or NOT?

Feb 1, 2013
So I keep seeing people request this idea again since the errors continue and the blog switch. I proposed it long ago. Relevant?
Support Forums
Message 42 of 53 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 1, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
So I keep seeing people request this idea again since the errors continue and the blog switch. I proposed it long ago. Relevant?

It's never going to happen.  We at one point did have updates every other week and we still got the error's.  It does not matter the only way we can do away with these error's is if Sony brings back a Closed Beta.  In other words make a team of us that will test new spaces and items in Home before they go live to everyone in the open beta.  But that also is very unlikely to happen.

As I said in another post the blog switch is also just a large leap backward for Home.  But at this point in time we should all be use to Sony doing this to us.  The next update where everything will be saved on the Sony server was also in the CB and OB if I remember right and it was taken out for haven very long load times and problems with the Sony servers.  Now what are we doing?  Going backwards again?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 43 of 53 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Feb 1, 2013

How about FREE weekly Content.... That alone would get me on Home each week just for the FREE stuff....

Smiley Wink

Of course i'm on Home daily anyways... But don't tell them that.... I want some FREE Stuff, Shhhh!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 44 of 53 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3410 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

How about FREE weekly Content.... That alone would get me on Home each week just for the FREE stuff....

Smiley Wink

Of course i'm on Home daily anyways... But don't tell them that.... I want some FREE Stuff, Shhhh!

They did taht back in December 2011. They had about 5-10 free items every week up till the end of December. I wonder why they dont do that anymore Smiley Sad

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 45 of 53 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 1, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:
They did taht back in December 2011. They had about 5-10 free items every week up till the end of December. I wonder why they dont do that anymore Smiley Sad

Wasn't it back in 2010 and wasn't  it due to wardrobe probelems (this was before Sony gave us "storage") and haven to many items.

GAPHome

General

Message 46 of 53 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Feb 1, 2013

*Throws in two cents* Smiley Very Happy

I think I've gotten a bit spoiled with the weekly update thing. However, if there's been too many bugs lately, I wouldn't be opposed to less items being released each week. As for impulse buying, I'm guilty of that but that's my fault. I'm slowly getting better though. On some items, I tell myself "Wait until next week to make sure you really want it". I still find myself going through storage and wearing stuff I bought last year even though I bought new items. I love options. Heart

Message 47 of 53 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Cintilla wrote:

*Throws in two cents* Smiley Very Happy

I think I've gotten a bit spoiled with the weekly update thing. However, if there's been too many bugs lately, I wouldn't be opposed to less items being released each week. As for impulse buying, I'm guilty of that but that's my fault. I'm slowly getting better though. On some items, I tell myself "Wait until next week to make sure you really want it". I still find myself going through storage and wearing stuff I bought last year even though I bought new items. I love options. Heart

But you didn't read my post we did ever other week a long time ago.  What happen?  Same thing as now we still had bugs every other week.

GAPHome

General

Message 48 of 53 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

I did read your post. I remember updates every other week but I wasn't as active then as I am now. If things worked out better when updates were every other week, then I have no objections. I still do want weekly content though, but that's just me. In the end, whatever is better for home is what counts.

Edit: BTW, my first post was a reply to the OP. If it came across differently, I apologize.

Message 49 of 53 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Cintilla wrote:

I did read your post. I remember updates every other week but I wasn't as active then as I am now. If things worked out better when updates were every other week, then I have no objections. I still do want weekly content though, but that's just me. In the end, whatever is better for home is what counts.

I've bought an awful lot of things on Home and rarely do I have a problem with content or receiving what I purchased. The percent defect rate for me at least when it comes to purchased content is less than one percent.

That's not to say Home doesn't have lots of issues when it comes to net errors, freezing in wardrobe, new game spaces and games not working properly when released and so on. Server loads seem to be the biggest issue and it would be nice if those problems were addressed. I'm not sure stopping content updates would solve that problem however.

Message 50 of 53 (59 Views)