Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Weekly Content or NOT?

Nov 24, 2012

You guys realize that Home's out of beta now, right? The beta tag's only there now for liability reasons. What you see is what you get for the most part, broken software that can never be truly fixed without a complete overhaul of the software. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 31 of 53 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 24, 2012

myalana wrote:
You are quite the optimist sir. I fail to see how the removal of that beta tag would accomplish those goals. I believe the "beta" designation is rather convenient at times to hide behind, but this is really it. They aren't holding back some great new features or past content. They do what they can to sell it as is...it's business after all. Home will never be "finished" in the way you are referring to and we wouldn't be happy if it was.

Well I do disagree with you that they aren't holding back

Back in 2007

Would you check that out Home on a phone a better camera (photo mode) then we have now and a Home social website just for Home users?  We don't have that yet.  I remember talking about this in the CB and some of the people working on it said it would be just like a new Facebook but only for Home users.

Oh, and let's not forget he also said game launching of "any" PS3 game.  We still don't have that.  Also didn't we just get TV's and this youtube video was made back in 2007?  They where holding back TV's what 3 year's when they had them working just fine in the CB?

Again he talk's about TV's but not just TV's but also music...  Wate sec...  Didn't Loot just say we are going to have radio's comeing to Home?  And in this Youtube video at E3 2007 they already had music?  When I was a CB tester we also has music in Home.

But, my main point here is if you where not part of the closed beta just look at some of the item's that Sony was running back in 2007 and you will see that we still have CB item's being added to Home all the time.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 32 of 53 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Phil's vision of Home is not the same as Peter House's Home or Jack Buser's Home. That vision left and died with Phil's job in managing Home sadly

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 33 of 53 (186 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 25, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:
Phil's vision of Home is not the same as Peter House's Home or Jack Buser's Home. That vision left and died with Phil's job in managing Home sadly

I'm sorry but I really don't see you're point.  The item's that Phil was talking about we are still getting in Home.  TV's and Radio's being the newest of these item's and with time you will see more of them sneak there way onto Home.

GAPHome

General

Message 34 of 53 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

True we are getting those but his vision was we could share our own content on Home TV's and radios and view our trophies in a fairly scaled room. We're getting those things now yes (minus the trophy room!) but they aren't the same items. The ones we get we have to pay for and we can't share stuff we already own only stuff we have yet to buy. It's a trade off I can live with though tbh and game launching never meant that much to me.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 35 of 53 (169 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:

True we are getting those but his vision was we could share our own content on Home TV's and radios and view our trophies in a fairly scaled room. We're getting those things now yes (minus the trophy room!) but they aren't the same items. The ones we get we have to pay for and we can't share stuff we already own only stuff we have yet to buy. It's a trade off I can live with though tbh and game launching never meant that much to me.

Oh, I'm sorry we are talking about two different things.  Yes, I aggree with you Phil's vision of Home is way better then the one we got stuck with.

I would also not rule out "The Hall of Fame" just yet.  We still might get it but with all CB item's and spaces it will be with time.

GAPHome

General

Message 36 of 53 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:

Exactly. Yes there were wonderful things envisioned for Home. Yes we are finally getting some of them. People would do well to not get confused and think that these are features that everyone used to have. We also had very few public spaces, but a couple personal ones, and probably less than a dozen clothing items.

Message 37 of 53 (157 Views)
Sackboy
362 posts

Nov 25, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Well I do disagree with you that they aren't holding back

Back in 2007

Would you check that out Home on a phone a better camera (photo mode) then we have now and a Home social website just for Home users?  We don't have that yet.  I remember talking about this in the CB and some of the people working on it said it would be just like a new Facebook but only for Home users.

Oh, and let's not forget he also said game launching of "any" PS3 game.  We still don't have that.  Also didn't we just get TV's and this youtube video was made back in 2007?  They where holding back TV's what 3 year's when they had them working just fine in the CB?

Again he talk's about TV's but not just TV's but also music...  Wate sec...  Didn't Loot just say we are going to have radio's comeing to Home?  And in this Youtube video at E3 2007 they already had music?  When I was a CB tester we also has music in Home.

But, my main point here is if you where not part of the closed beta just look at some of the item's that Sony was running back in 2007 and you will see that we still have CB item's being added to Home all the time.

Okay am I the only one here that is going to point out the fact that he is now comparing to early build Demonstration videos here and not Closed Beta.. Don't sit there and say look what they had back in 2007 cause it (Home) didn't exist for us in any form back it 2007, Closed Beta wasn't released till 2008 a whole year or more after these videos were made. Not to mention like I said this was a Demonstration video they could of made it what ever they wanted to, that doesn't mean that's what you would of gotten in the end product. And company's do that kind of thing all the time and yet still manage to make tons of money.. Its not a bait and switch or anything of the like, they are just showing you what the possibilities 'could' be not necessary what they are going to be..

Now to respond real quick to other comments he's made about how beta's work and all cause I can tell he really doesn't know.. There is actually no one real definition of a Beta it could mean many things in the development of a product.. You do realize that pretty much no program out there is truly out of a Beta form even if they call it a full version. A full version of anything would mean its totally done and doesn't need any updates of any kind.. You keep talking about how if or when it goes to a full version that you will lose your stuff and I would like to know where you came up with that crap? So far the only time that has happened is to a limited few after they went from Closed Beta to Open, is that where your taking it from?? Also you were actually silly enough to ask "Soo, if there was a buggy program out there and you own a big companie would you invest in it?" I guess you haven't heard of a little company called Microsoft then!! LMAO.. In case you don't know the software they release including windows isn't even if Beta form when they sell it to you its actually in Alpha form they make the end user be the finally Alpha testers and be the full Beta testers which is why there are always so many problems with there stuff and yet they have become a multi trillion dollar company with tons of investors..

And they are not adding any Closed Beta 'items' to home what they are adding is ideas they had for home from the very beginning but had to work on more important things first, like getting things working somewhat right before they could even address having said items on Home or even be able to function. Most of you break things down to such a basic form but with programming its not that easy you just can't bring things out willy nilly, making one change can have a massive effect on 100 or even 10000 others and not necessarily in a good way. I'll stop there with this cause I could go on forever with this one especially with how naive this user is on the matter. The end point it none of what he said would change whether its a Beta or full version, which by the way you'll have to wait till the PS4 before they even think of calling Home a full version, not going to happen on PS3..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 38 of 53 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 25, 2012

myalana wrote:
Exactly. Yes there were wonderful things envisioned for Home. Yes we are finally getting some of them. People would do well to not get confused and think that these are features that everyone used to have. We also had very few public spaces, but a couple personal ones, and probably less than a dozen clothing items.

I assume you where talking about the CB?

Where you part of the Closed Beta or the Extended Closed Beta?  There where all kind's of spots in Home in the Closed Beta but ECB's where only around for a short time and didn't get to see all of the item's and spaces in the CB.

GAPHome

General

Message 39 of 53 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 25, 2012

U2crazy4me wrote:
Okay am I the only one here that is going to point out the fact that he is now comparing to early build Demonstration videos here and not Closed Beta.. Don't sit there and say look what they had back in 2007 cause it (Home) didn't exist for us in any form back it 2007, Closed Beta wasn't released till 2008 a whole year or more after these videos were made. Not to mention like I said this was a Demonstration video they could of made it what ever they wanted to, that doesn't mean that's what you would of gotten in the end product. And company's do that kind of thing all the time and yet still manage to make tons of money.. Its not a bait and switch or anything of the like, they are just showing you what the possibilities 'could' be not necessary what they are going to be..

Next I think you should re-watch the first video you might learn a thing or two about 1 sec into it.  lol, don't have to go far when Phil say's "our first ever globally beta"  yep when you said "Closed Beta wasn't released till 2008" don't know who told you that but they where wrong.  I think you where thinking of the Expansion Closed Beta that oppen Aug 7, 2008 but the CB was going on way before that happen.

Now to respond real quick to other comments he's made about how beta's work and all cause I can tell he really doesn't know.. There is actually no one real definition of a Beta it could mean many things in the development of a product.. You do realize that pretty much no program out there is truly out of a Beta form even if they call it a full version. A full version of anything would mean its totally done and doesn't need any updates of any kind.. You keep talking about how if or when it goes to a full version that you will lose your stuff and I would like to know where you came up with that crap? So far the only time that has happened is to a limited few after they went from Closed Beta to Open, is that where your taking it from?? Also you were actually silly enough to ask "Soo, if there was a buggy program out there and you own a big companie would you invest in it?" I guess you haven't heard of a little company called Microsoft then!! LMAO.. In case you don't know the software they release including windows isn't even if Beta form when they sell it to you its actually in Alpha form they make the end user be the finally Alpha testers and be the full Beta testers which is why there are always so many problems with there stuff and yet they have become a multi trillion dollar company with tons of investors..

lol, seem to be having a hard time with you're own definition of the word "beta".  You want help?  I went to College to become a Computer Programmer I might know a thing or two on what a beta is.  In you're definition every program out there is a beta well that makes no sense now does it.  The true definition of the word is just a buggy idea of a program before the true program is ready to be sold to the public.  It's some what like what you do in School when you're getting ready to do a essay you don't just write an essay do you?  No you first come up with an rough draft then you use the rough draft for you're essay but in no way is a rough draft the same thing as an essay.

And they are not adding any Closed Beta 'items' to home what they are adding is ideas they had for home from the very beginning but had to work on more important things first, like getting things working somewhat right before they could even address having said items on Home or even be able to function. Most of you break things down to such a basic form but with programming its not that easy you just can't bring things out willy nilly, making one change can have a massive effect on 100 or even 10000 others and not necessarily in a good way. I'll stop there with this cause I could go on forever with this one especially with how naive this user is on the matter. The end point it none of what he said would change whether its a Beta or full version, which by the way you'll have to wait till the PS4 before they even think of calling Home a full version, not going to happen on PS3..

Well someone here was not part of the CB the picture frames, TV's and other CB item's are almost exactly the same as the one's we had in the CB.  If you where a CB tester you would also know that Sony let us keep some of the CB item's from the CB for free as thank's for the job we did.  The same item's are sold in the Home Mall for other's to buy.

You saw the movie's that I posted how are the item's we have now like EX: picture frames or TV's any different from the one's in that youutube link's that I posted.  Now I give you they are not the exactly the same but if you know the first thing about programing you would know there skeletons are exactly the same.  In other words if you put a CB TV next to a OB TV you would not be able to tell them apart.  Same thing is true with all other CB item's I'm talking about.

Let's also stop being rude... You don't have to call me "he" I'm in no way in any reasons with this guy!!!

he man.jpg

and it's not that hard to look up my PSN nick.

GAPHome

General

Message 40 of 53 (135 Views)
0 Likes