Reply
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/02/2009
Offline
776 posts
 

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

myalana wrote:

Well I'm sure it was just an oversight that this wasn't posted here, so I'll remedy that. By the way, you make me jump through that one extra hoop to copy and paste your articles HSM...I don't mind though. You're welcome Smiley Happy.

 

 

WHEN: Saturday Sept 28th 9PM ET

 

WHERE: Sodium Hub

 

WHAT: HSM Party

 

 

*from "You’re Invited To An HSM Party" by NorseGamer: http://www.hsmagazine.net/2013/09/youre-invited-to-an-hsm-party/

 

“We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities but its own talents.”You’re Invited To An HSM Party by NorseGamer, HSM Publisher

 


I’ve often found Sam Parker’s “Give More” concept of being 212 fascinating: ”At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. Just one extra degreemakes all the difference.” The general message, of course, is to push things just one more degree — that the extra effort, right when you think things are hot enough, is a tipping point that yields unimaginably greater results. It is a philosophy which HomeStation subscribes to as a publication and as a
team. I will say with great confidence that there is no other Home media group which asks for so much consistent output from so many people. But that’s frankly what it takes to succeed at nearly anything worthwhile in life: are you willing to work harder, longer and better than the other guy?

 

Is something so important to you that you’re willing to take it to that level? Many walk away. Some stay in it, and perhaps even get to 211 degrees. But there are very few — both within the Home media scene and beyond — who choose to go to 212. The difference may be only one degree…but that one degree makes all the difference. HomeStation has operated at two-twelve for three years. No, we’re not the oldest Home fansite out there. We’re not the largest, either (that accolade goes to AlphaZone 4, because Cubehouse exemplifies what it means to be 212). Nor are we a site which panders to the lowest common denominator or artificially inflates its traffic numbers. We are, however, a site which found an untapped need within the Home consumer base, and set out to fulfill that need better than anyone else could.


And we were willing to go to 212. We were willing to give more. The end result is what you now see: a Home media group which now has more user-generated content — both articles and machinima — published in Home itself than anyone else out there. As a publication, we have now achieved our primary goal. And, in so doing, we hope we have served as a beacon of inspiration: that others may be driven to give more back to the community themselves, and in so doing achieve something greater through such service. But what is the value of achievement without taking a moment to enjoy it? After all, we’re an all-volunteer team; it has to be fun, or it ain’t worth it. So let’s have some fun. Let’s party. This Saturday, September 28th, at 9PM Eastern, Team HomeStation is going to party at the Sodium Hub.


HSM doesn’t throw many parties. Our team skews older than the average Home group; we’re all working adults with lives and careers, spread out from Hawaii to Europe, so it’s incredibly challenging to find time for a social get-together. But, like anything else, we choose to make time for the things that are important. And this is important. It’s important because for all of the successes HSM has realized both as a team and individually for its various contributors, the core magic of Home hasn’t changed since it first opened its doors: the simple joy of hanging out and socializing. And it’s time to enjoy that again, now more than ever, because this publication is by the community and for the community, and it is those shared moments we all enjoy together that makes Home worth returning to. So we’re celebrating. And we hope you’ll join us. See you there!

 

 

Thank you HSM for this invitation. I hope to see many familiar faces at this event this evening Smiley Happy


Mya, I am a little confused. Is this party about some guy named Sam? Or is the party about water boiling? What does Sam boiling water got to do with the Community? Smiley Happy Mur


All this boiling water talk makes me nervous......
 
http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/6138489824_d92ba44669_z.jpg?w=560&h=667

 

original
Message 51 of 99 (313 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2011
Offline
694 posts
 

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

beantot wrote:

MysticMur wrote:

myalana wrote:

Well I'm sure it was just an oversight that this wasn't posted here, so I'll remedy that. By the way, you make me jump through that one extra hoop to copy and paste your articles HSM...I don't mind though. You're welcome Smiley Happy.

 

 

WHEN: Saturday Sept 28th 9PM ET

 

WHERE: Sodium Hub

 

WHAT: HSM Party

  

 

Thank you HSM for this invitation. I hope to see many familiar faces at this event this evening Smiley Happy


Mya, I am a little confused. Is this party about some guy named Sam? Or is the party about water boiling? What does Sam boiling water got to do with the Community? Smiley Happy Mur


All this boiling water talk makes me nervous......
 
http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/6138489824_d92ba44669_z.jpg?w=560&h=667

 


Just makes me want a cuppa.

Message 52 of 99 (291 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
202 posts
 

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

We are constantly clever and never boring.

 

Even boiling water can be entertaining..

Message 53 of 99 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/01/2012
Offline
1571 posts
 

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

beantot wrote:

MysticMur wrote:

myalana wrote:

Well I'm sure it was just an oversight that this wasn't posted here, so I'll remedy that. By the way, you make me jump through that one extra hoop to copy and paste your articles HSM...I don't mind though. You're welcome Smiley Happy.

 

 

WHEN: Saturday Sept 28th 9PM ET

 

WHERE: Sodium Hub

 

WHAT: HSM Party

 

 

*from "You’re Invited To An HSM Party" by NorseGamer: http://www.hsmagazine.net/2013/09/youre-invited-to-an-hsm-party/

 

“We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities but its own talents.”You’re Invited To An HSM Party by NorseGamer, HSM Publisher

 


I’ve often found Sam Parker’s “Give More” concept of being 212 fascinating: ”At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. Just one extra degreemakes all the difference.” The general message, of course, is to push things just one more degree — that the extra effort, right when you think things are hot enough, is a tipping point that yields unimaginably greater results. It is a philosophy which HomeStation subscribes to as a publication and as a
team. I will say with great confidence that there is no other Home media group which asks for so much consistent output from so many people. But that’s frankly what it takes to succeed at nearly anything worthwhile in life: are you willing to work harder, longer and better than the other guy?

 

Is something so important to you that you’re willing to take it to that level? Many walk away. Some stay in it, and perhaps even get to 211 degrees. But there are very few — both within the Home media scene and beyond — who choose to go to 212. The difference may be only one degree…but that one degree makes all the difference. HomeStation has operated at two-twelve for three years. No, we’re not the oldest Home fansite out there. We’re not the largest, either (that accolade goes to AlphaZone 4, because Cubehouse exemplifies what it means to be 212). Nor are we a site which panders to the lowest common denominator or artificially inflates its traffic numbers. We are, however, a site which found an untapped need within the Home consumer base, and set out to fulfill that need better than anyone else could.


And we were willing to go to 212. We were willing to give more. The end result is what you now see: a Home media group which now has more user-generated content — both articles and machinima — published in Home itself than anyone else out there. As a publication, we have now achieved our primary goal. And, in so doing, we hope we have served as a beacon of inspiration: that others may be driven to give more back to the community themselves, and in so doing achieve something greater through such service. But what is the value of achievement without taking a moment to enjoy it? After all, we’re an all-volunteer team; it has to be fun, or it ain’t worth it. So let’s have some fun. Let’s party. This Saturday, September 28th, at 9PM Eastern, Team HomeStation is going to party at the Sodium Hub.


HSM doesn’t throw many parties. Our team skews older than the average Home group; we’re all working adults with lives and careers, spread out from Hawaii to Europe, so it’s incredibly challenging to find time for a social get-together. But, like anything else, we choose to make time for the things that are important. And this is important. It’s important because for all of the successes HSM has realized both as a team and individually for its various contributors, the core magic of Home hasn’t changed since it first opened its doors: the simple joy of hanging out and socializing. And it’s time to enjoy that again, now more than ever, because this publication is by the community and for the community, and it is those shared moments we all enjoy together that makes Home worth returning to. So we’re celebrating. And we hope you’ll join us. See you there!

 

 

Thank you HSM for this invitation. I hope to see many familiar faces at this event this evening Smiley Happy


Mya, I am a little confused. Is this party about some guy named Sam? Or is the party about water boiling? What does Sam boiling water got to do with the Community? Smiley Happy Mur


All this boiling water talk makes me nervous......
 
http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/6138489824_d92ba44669_z.jpg?w=560&h=667

 


beantot, You have now gone to far...I do not think that Sam would boil a bunny at the party. At least I hope not. Smiley Happy Mur

Posted Image
Message 54 of 99 (258 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/02/2009
Offline
776 posts
 

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

beantot wrote:

MysticMur wrote:

myalana wrote:

Well I'm sure it was just an oversight that this wasn't posted here, so I'll remedy that. By the way, you make me jump through that one extra hoop to copy and paste your articles HSM...I don't mind though. You're welcome Smiley Happy.

 

 

WHEN: Saturday Sept 28th 9PM ET

 

WHERE: Sodium Hub

 

WHAT: HSM Party

 

 

*from "You’re Invited To An HSM Party" by NorseGamer: http://www.hsmagazine.net/2013/09/youre-invited-to-an-hsm-party/

 

“We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities but its own talents.”You’re Invited To An HSM Party by NorseGamer, HSM Publisher

 


I’ve often found Sam Parker’s “Give More” concept of being 212 fascinating: ”At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. Just one extra degreemakes all the difference.” The general message, of course, is to push things just one more degree — that the extra effort, right when you think things are hot enough, is a tipping point that yields unimaginably greater results. It is a philosophy which HomeStation subscribes to as a publication and as a
team. I will say with great confidence that there is no other Home media group which asks for so much consistent output from so many people. But that’s frankly what it takes to succeed at nearly anything worthwhile in life: are you willing to work harder, longer and better than the other guy?

 

Is something so important to you that you’re willing to take it to that level? Many walk away. Some stay in it, and perhaps even get to 211 degrees. But there are very few — both within the Home media scene and beyond — who choose to go to 212. The difference may be only one degree…but that one degree makes all the difference. HomeStation has operated at two-twelve for three years. No, we’re not the oldest Home fansite out there. We’re not the largest, either (that accolade goes to AlphaZone 4, because Cubehouse exemplifies what it means to be 212). Nor are we a site which panders to the lowest common denominator or artificially inflates its traffic numbers. We are, however, a site which found an untapped need within the Home consumer base, and set out to fulfill that need better than anyone else could.


And we were willing to go to 212. We were willing to give more. The end result is what you now see: a Home media group which now has more user-generated content — both articles and machinima — published in Home itself than anyone else out there. As a publication, we have now achieved our primary goal. And, in so doing, we hope we have served as a beacon of inspiration: that others may be driven to give more back to the community themselves, and in so doing achieve something greater through such service. But what is the value of achievement without taking a moment to enjoy it? After all, we’re an all-volunteer team; it has to be fun, or it ain’t worth it. So let’s have some fun. Let’s party. This Saturday, September 28th, at 9PM Eastern, Team HomeStation is going to party at the Sodium Hub.


HSM doesn’t throw many parties. Our team skews older than the average Home group; we’re all working adults with lives and careers, spread out from Hawaii to Europe, so it’s incredibly challenging to find time for a social get-together. But, like anything else, we choose to make time for the things that are important. And this is important. It’s important because for all of the successes HSM has realized both as a team and individually for its various contributors, the core magic of Home hasn’t changed since it first opened its doors: the simple joy of hanging out and socializing. And it’s time to enjoy that again, now more than ever, because this publication is by the community and for the community, and it is those shared moments we all enjoy together that makes Home worth returning to. So we’re celebrating. And we hope you’ll join us. See you there!

 

 

Thank you HSM for this invitation. I hope to see many familiar faces at this event this evening Smiley Happy


Mya, I am a little confused. Is this party about some guy named Sam? Or is the party about water boiling? What does Sam boiling water got to do with the Community? Smiley Happy Mur


All this boiling water talk makes me nervous......
 
http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/6138489824_d92ba44669_z.jpg?w=560&h=667

 


beantot, You have now gone to far...I do not think that Sam would boil a bunny at the party. At least I hope not. Smiley Happy Mur

 

 I disagree....Sources tell me this is Sam....

 

http://aattp.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Yosemite-Sam-warner-brothers-animation-30976315-800-766.jpg

 

 

original
Message 55 of 99 (237 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/04/2011
Offline
6276 posts
 

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

What makes you think that the forum is the Home community? You (or perhaps we) are a very small percentage of Home users.


A good question to ask. You're right, the forum makes up a small percentage of Home's users. However, to not advertize a community event in any of the official Home forums (there's a few of them), to not advertize in Home itself but only on their website...you have to wonder what "community" it is that's invited. Is it the Home community as a whole? Or is it their readership only, which makes an even smaller percentage of the Home's users? If it's the latter shouldn't we be asking "What makes HSM think that HSM is the Home community?"


I have a feeling, or perhaps it's an assumption since this event was not advertised on this forum board. That HSM didn't mean the official forum community whatsoever. It's not unknown to most who post here, that HSM hasn't talked kindly about the forums in the past. I think some people were upset, or even confused on why someone who indeed was apart of the official Home forum community. Would allow people to talk about us in such manners. Though this subject is another whole discussion, but back to this party. My opinion is, they only want to advertise it to the community they feel is more important to them...their HSM followers.

 

 

Message 56 of 99 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

No one likes NOT being invited to a party (uggh double negative). Even if you have no interest or intention on going, it still feels good to be asked. Smiley Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 57 of 99 (220 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/12/2010
Offline
9504 posts
 

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013
With no directions other than a vague lounge and time given this all seems rather ill conceived anyways.
Support Forums
Message 58 of 99 (200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/04/2011
Offline
6276 posts
 

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

I have a question..

 

How many would legit want to attend this HSM party? I mean, don't even think about the negative things they've wrote about us in their articles. Or if you don't visit their site (a fan.) Would you actually attend?

I had intentions even attending, and not because of the things that have been stated about us. Though because, I think I would have much more fun giving my time somewhere else.

Message 59 of 99 (191 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Online
3272 posts
 

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

I have a question..

 

How many would legit want to attend this HSM party? I mean, don't even think about the negative things they've wrote about us in their articles. Or if you don't visit their site (a fan.) Would you actually attend?

I had intentions even attending, and not because of the things that have been stated about us. Though because, I think I would have much more fun giving my time somewhere else.


I would attend if it wasn't for Miss_ann punk party. Don't get me wrong, I resent everything that was said there about the forum. But I can go over that. Same with other events advertised here in wich I know there will be some people I don't ... ehhhh..... like very much. 

I see it as some kind of private party hold in a public sapce. As my friends and I did quite a few times. Just much easier than holding a party in a private place. Yes it's meant for HSM and their follower, Is that an issue? Would it be different if it was PSHG or PStalent?

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 60 of 99 (165 Views)