Sep 28, 2013

younginflavor18 wrote:

MysticMur wrote:

myalana wrote:

WHEN: Saturday Sept 28th 9PM ET

WHERE: Sodium Hub

WHAT: HSM Party

because this publication is by the community and for the community

Mya, I am a little confused. Is this party about some guy named Sam? Or is the party about water boiling? What does Sam boiling water got to do with the Community? Smiley Happy Mur

Read the yellow text, Mur. It's by the community and for the community. Smiley Happy

Yes, what young said (I put the important bits in yellow). I think the rest was about how hawt  HSM is, that they don't dumb it down and stuff and they don't do parties much so we better all come to this one.

Message 11 of 99 (345 Views)
Fender Bender
1571 posts

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

myalana wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

MysticMur wrote:

myalana wrote:

because this publication is by the community and for the community

Mya, I am a little confused. Is this party about some guy named Sam? Or is the party about water boiling? What does Sam boiling water got to do with the Community? Smiley Happy Mur

Read the yellow text, Mur. It's by the community and for the community. Smiley Happy

Yes, what young said (I put the important bits in yellow). I think the rest was about how hawt  HSM is, that they don't dumb it down and stuff and they don't do parties much so we better all come to this one.

Oh okay, well I am dissappointed about Sam not boiling water. Wish they gave us more notice, I have a group battle to kill minibots.  Smiley Sad Mur

Posted Image
Message 12 of 99 (335 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Sep 28, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

Oh okay, well I am dissappointed about Sam not boiling water. Wish they gave us more notice, I have a group battle to kill minibots.  Smiley Sad Mur

Oh, it slipped my mind that Miss_Ann_Thrope's NIGHT PUNKS ON HOME Rebellion Bash is also tonight at the same time at the Motor Storm Carrier:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/EVENT-quot-Night-Punks-On-Home-quot-Rebellio...

That sounds like a rousing time and perhaps better suited to  my umm disposition Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 99 (293 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Since we're all playing repeat ourselves from the other post:

I don't mean to be catty, but I don't care if I sound it. What makes you think that the forum is the Home community? You (or perhaps we) are a very small percentage of Home users.

I can't help but think that people who post here think they are more important than they are. Maybe it's all that elbow rubbing with the MVP's?

I see some are still angry over the "whiners" comment and I repeat, if you're not a whiner, then the comment was not about you, was it? Nowhere in that article did she say that everyone on the forum was a whiner.

I realize this question wasn't directed to me, but I think it's a good question, and one that deserves an answer. I agree that the forum is only a small percentage of the users. However, I feel that it is representative of the community for several reasons.

1. It is the official forum of Sony Playstation.

2. Whether we're rubbing elbows, slapping patting them on the back, or engaged in active disagreements with them, this is where you come to find, meet, and converse with MVPs and Sony representatives and get your voice opinions heard.

3. Whenever you call for customer support for Home, you are directed here.

4. Whenever you are looking to get more involved in Home, attend events, or seek information of ALL kinds about Home, (i.e.. How to earn a reward in a game, what is new, what is coming #soon, etc.) a quick internet search will inevitably lead you here.

So, basically anyone who has a real interest in getting everything they can out of the Home experience will find their way here at some point. I did. You did. Why wouldn't they? With this in mind, while we aren't the entirety of the Home community, we definitely represent a cross section of that community. We represent the engaged, the invested, the devoted, the cataloguers, the encyclopedic, the obsessed, the insane... wait I'm getting off-track here, but you get the point. 

I don't feel like we're more important than anyone else, of course, but all of us here have taken the time to do more than play on Home by coming here. Does that make us L33t Home users? No. Does that make us representative of the Home community?... You decide. Smiley Happy Oh yes, almost forgot. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Smiley Wink

*Edit 5: Near the top of my page it reads: "Playstation Community Forums" so these are like the forums for the Playstation Community, or something. Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 99 (279 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

Maybe we can boil Sam's water in a vat and drop it on top of the party at the Sodium Hub.  REBEL!

I keed!  I keed!  Cat LOL

Photobucket
Message 15 of 99 (278 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Since we're all playing repeat ourselves from the other post:

I don't mean to be catty, but I don't care if I sound it. What makes you think that the forum is the Home community? You (or perhaps we) are a very small percentage of Home users.

I can't help but think that people who post here think they are more important than they are. Maybe it's all that elbow rubbing with the MVP's?

I see some are still angry over the "whiners" comment and I repeat, if you're not a whiner, then the comment was not about you, was it? Nowhere in that article did she say that everyone on the forum was a whiner.

Your whole comment is as ignorant as you're trying to make us sound. What you've just said holds no logic whatsoever.

We on the Home forum, are all Home users. Therefor we are all apart of the Home community. No one said that we are the Home community. It would be naive to think otherwise, but your whole comment is rather pointless. Unless of course you're trying to say that we are not a part of the Home community?

If you don't like it here, then why use these forums? You choose to be a part of our community, and a part of the Home community as a whole. No one makes you post here.

I might try and come along to this event but I already saidI would attend the Punk bash. Maybe if I have time afterwards.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 16 of 99 (267 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Sep 28, 2013

I'm going to rebel and just go to the punk bash too then!

Message 17 of 99 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Sep 28, 2013

myalana wrote:

*Edit* Miss_Ann_Thrope is also hosting an event tonight at 9pm at Motor Storm Carrier "Night Punks On Home" Rebellion Bash!

Well I'm sure it was just an oversight that this wasn't posted here, so I'll remedy that. By the way, you make me jump through that one extra hoop to copy and paste your articles HSM...I don't mind though. You're welcome Smiley Happy.

*from "You’re Invited To An HSM Party" by NorseGamer: http://www.hsmagazine.net/2013/09/youre-invited-to-an-hsm-party/

“We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities but its own talents.”You’re Invited To An HSM Party by NorseGamer, HSM Publisher

I’ve often found Sam Parker’s “Give More” concept of being 212 fascinating: ”At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. Just one extra degreemakes all the difference.” The general message, of course, is to push things just one more degree — that the extra effort, right when you think things are hot enough, is a tipping point that yields unimaginably greater results. It is a philosophy which HomeStation subscribes to as a publication and as a
team. I will say with great confidence that there is no other Home media group which asks for so much consistent output from so many people. But that’s frankly what it takes to succeed at nearly anything worthwhile in life: are you willing to work harder, longer and better than the other guy?

Is something so important to you that you’re willing to take it to that level? Many walk away. Some stay in it, and perhaps even get to 211 degrees. But there are very few — both within the Home media scene and beyond — who choose to go to 212. The difference may be only one degree…but that one degree makes all the difference. HomeStation has operated at two-twelve for three years. No, we’re not the oldest Home fansite out there. We’re not the largest, either (that accolade goes to AlphaZone 4, because Cubehouse exemplifies what it means to be 212). Nor are we a site which panders to the lowest common denominator or artificially inflates its traffic numbers. We are, however, a site which found an untapped need within the Home consumer base, and set out to fulfill that need better than anyone else could.

And we were willing to go to 212. We were willing to give more. The end result is what you now see: a Home media group which now has more user-generated content — both articles and machinima — published in Home itself than anyone else out there. As a publication, we have now achieved our primary goal. And, in so doing, we hope we have served as a beacon of inspiration: that others may be driven to give more back to the community themselves, and in so doing achieve something greater through such service. But what is the value of achievement without taking a moment to enjoy it? After all, we’re an all-volunteer team; it has to be fun, or it ain’t worth it. So let’s have some fun. Let’s party. This Saturday, September 28th, at 9PM Eastern, Team HomeStation is going to party at the Sodium Hub.

HSM doesn’t throw many parties. Our team skews older than the average Home group; we’re all working adults with lives and careers, spread out from Hawaii to Europe, so it’s incredibly challenging to find time for a social get-together. But, like anything else, we choose to make time for the things that are important. And this is important. It’s important because for all of the successes HSM has realized both as a team and individually for its various contributors, the core magic of Home hasn’t changed since it first opened its doors: the simple joy of hanging out and socializing. And it’s time to enjoy that again, now more than ever, because this publication is by the community and for the community, and it is those shared moments we all enjoy together that makes Home worth returning to. So we’re celebrating. And we hope you’ll join us. See you there!

Thank you HSM for this invitation. I hope to see many familiar faces at this event this evening Smiley Happy

So am I the only one more worried about the robotic scorpions there stinging us?

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 18 of 99 (250 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Sep 28, 2013

myalana wrote:

I'm going to rebel and just go to the punk bash too then!

but.. but... HSM will be so disappointed you won't be attending! Especially after to went to all the trouble to promote their event! Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 99 (248 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Sep 28, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

So am I the only one more worried about the robotic scorpions there stinging us?

Yep! It's just you. Smiley Happy Wait... did you say there are robotic scorpions there? That sting!? Smiley Surprised Why have I never heard of this?! 

Message 20 of 99 (239 Views)