Highlighted
Sep 28 2013
By: myalana Ghost of Sparta 8001 posts

We're Invited To An HSM Party!

[ Edited ]
98 replies 721 views Edited Sep 28, 2013

*Edit* Miss_Ann_Thrope is also hosting an event tonight at 9pm at Motor Storm Carrier "Night Punks On Home" Rebellion Bash!

Well I'm sure it was just an oversight that this wasn't posted here, so I'll remedy that. By the way, you make me jump through that one extra hoop to copy and paste your articles HSM...I don't mind though. You're welcome Smiley Happy.

WHEN: Saturday Sept 28th 9PM ET

WHERE: Sodium Hub

WHAT: HSM Party

*from "You’re Invited To An HSM Party" by NorseGamer: http://www.hsmagazine.net/2013/09/youre-invited-to-an-hsm-party/

“We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities but its own talents.”You’re Invited To An HSM Party by NorseGamer, HSM Publisher

I’ve often found Sam Parker’s “Give More” concept of being 212 fascinating: ”At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. Just one extra degreemakes all the difference.” The general message, of course, is to push things just one more degree — that the extra effort, right when you think things are hot enough, is a tipping point that yields unimaginably greater results. It is a philosophy which HomeStation subscribes to as a publication and as a
team. I will say with great confidence that there is no other Home media group which asks for so much consistent output from so many people. But that’s frankly what it takes to succeed at nearly anything worthwhile in life: are you willing to work harder, longer and better than the other guy?

Is something so important to you that you’re willing to take it to that level? Many walk away. Some stay in it, and perhaps even get to 211 degrees. But there are very few — both within the Home media scene and beyond — who choose to go to 212. The difference may be only one degree…but that one degree makes all the difference. HomeStation has operated at two-twelve for three years. No, we’re not the oldest Home fansite out there. We’re not the largest, either (that accolade goes to AlphaZone 4, because Cubehouse exemplifies what it means to be 212). Nor are we a site which panders to the lowest common denominator or artificially inflates its traffic numbers. We are, however, a site which found an untapped need within the Home consumer base, and set out to fulfill that need better than anyone else could.

And we were willing to go to 212. We were willing to give more. The end result is what you now see: a Home media group which now has more user-generated content — both articles and machinima — published in Home itself than anyone else out there. As a publication, we have now achieved our primary goal. And, in so doing, we hope we have served as a beacon of inspiration: that others may be driven to give more back to the community themselves, and in so doing achieve something greater through such service. But what is the value of achievement without taking a moment to enjoy it? After all, we’re an all-volunteer team; it has to be fun, or it ain’t worth it. So let’s have some fun. Let’s party. This Saturday, September 28th, at 9PM Eastern, Team HomeStation is going to party at the Sodium Hub.

HSM doesn’t throw many parties. Our team skews older than the average Home group; we’re all working adults with lives and careers, spread out from Hawaii to Europe, so it’s incredibly challenging to find time for a social get-together. But, like anything else, we choose to make time for the things that are important. And this is important. It’s important because for all of the successes HSM has realized both as a team and individually for its various contributors, the core magic of Home hasn’t changed since it first opened its doors: the simple joy of hanging out and socializing. And it’s time to enjoy that again, now more than ever, because this publication is by the community and for the community, and it is those shared moments we all enjoy together that makes Home worth returning to. So we’re celebrating. And we hope you’ll join us. See you there!

Thank you HSM for this invitation. I hope to see many familiar faces at this event this evening Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 99 (721 Views)
MVP Support
14359 posts

Re: We're Invited To An HSM Party!

Sep 28, 2013

Looks like I'm attending their party for the 1st time. I guess the HSM and Home forumers are one community united despite our past differences.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 2 of 99 (700 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

"because this publication is by the community and for the community"

Interesting it wasn't posted here. Now why was that exactly? Understandably they've said some unkindly things about those who post here. You'd have thought it would have been a good way to say hey lets all get together and let bygones be bygones.

Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting this Mya. 

Message 3 of 99 (659 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Interesting it wasn't posted here. Now why was that exactly? Understandably they've said some unkindly things about those who post here. You'd have thought it would have been a good way to say hey lets al get together and let by gones be by gones.

Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting this Mya. 

I'm sure it was just an oversight as I said Jo. After all, they frequent the forum quite a bit for inspiration. It's a 2way street...i'm sure they see it this way also. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 99 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3093 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Since we're all playing repeat ourselves from the other post:

I don't mean to be catty, but I don't care if I sound it. What makes you think that the forum is the Home community? You (or perhaps we) are a very small percentage of Home users.

I can't help but think that people who post here think they are more important than they are. Maybe it's all that elbow rubbing with the MVP's?

I see some are still angry over the "whiners" comment and I repeat, if you're not a whiner, then the comment was not about you, was it? Nowhere in that article did she say that everyone on the forum was a whiner.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 5 of 99 (639 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

I don't mean to be catty, but I don't care if I sound it. What makes you think that the forum is the Home community? You (or perhaps we) are a very small percentage of Home users.

I can't help but think that people who post here think they are more important than they are. Maybe it's all that elbow rubbing with the MVP's?

I see some are still angry over the "whiners" comment and I repeat, if you're not a whiner, then the comment was not about you, was it? Nowhere in that article did she say that everyone on the forum was a whiner.

So you're attending the party then? Maybe we can go together Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 99 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1571 posts

Sep 28, 2013

myalana wrote:

Well I'm sure it was just an oversight that this wasn't posted here, so I'll remedy that. By the way, you make me jump through that one extra hoop to copy and paste your articles HSM...I don't mind though. You're welcome Smiley Happy.

*from "You’re Invited To An HSM Party" by NorseGamer: http://www.hsmagazine.net/2013/09/youre-invited-to-an-hsm-party/

“We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities but its own talents.”You’re Invited To An HSM Party by NorseGamer, HSM Publisher

I’ve often found Sam Parker’s “Give More” concept of being 212 fascinating: ”At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. Just one extra degreemakes all the difference.” The general message, of course, is to push things just one more degree — that the extra effort, right when you think things are hot enough, is a tipping point that yields unimaginably greater results. It is a philosophy which HomeStation subscribes to as a publication and as a
team. I will say with great confidence that there is no other Home media group which asks for so much consistent output from so many people. But that’s frankly what it takes to succeed at nearly anything worthwhile in life: are you willing to work harder, longer and better than the other guy?

Is something so important to you that you’re willing to take it to that level? Many walk away. Some stay in it, and perhaps even get to 211 degrees. But there are very few — both within the Home media scene and beyond — who choose to go to 212. The difference may be only one degree…but that one degree makes all the difference. HomeStation has operated at two-twelve for three years. No, we’re not the oldest Home fansite out there. We’re not the largest, either (that accolade goes to AlphaZone 4, because Cubehouse exemplifies what it means to be 212). Nor are we a site which panders to the lowest common denominator or artificially inflates its traffic numbers. We are, however, a site which found an untapped need within the Home consumer base, and set out to fulfill that need better than anyone else could.

And we were willing to go to 212. We were willing to give more. The end result is what you now see: a Home media group which now has more user-generated content — both articles and machinima — published in Home itself than anyone else out there. As a publication, we have now achieved our primary goal. And, in so doing, we hope we have served as a beacon of inspiration: that others may be driven to give more back to the community themselves, and in so doing achieve something greater through such service. But what is the value of achievement without taking a moment to enjoy it? After all, we’re an all-volunteer team; it has to be fun, or it ain’t worth it. So let’s have some fun. Let’s party. This Saturday, September 28th, at 9PM Eastern, Team HomeStation is going to party at the Sodium Hub.

HSM doesn’t throw many parties. Our team skews older than the average Home group; we’re all working adults with lives and careers, spread out from Hawaii to Europe, so it’s incredibly challenging to find time for a social get-together. But, like anything else, we choose to make time for the things that are important. And this is important. It’s important because for all of the successes HSM has realized both as a team and individually for its various contributors, the core magic of Home hasn’t changed since it first opened its doors: the simple joy of hanging out and socializing. And it’s time to enjoy that again, now more than ever, because this publication is by the community and for the community, and it is those shared moments we all enjoy together that makes Home worth returning to. So we’re celebrating. And we hope you’ll join us. See you there!

Thank you HSM for this invitation. I hope to see many familiar faces at this event this evening Smiley Happy

Mya, I am a little confused. Is this party about some guy named Sam? Or is the party about water boiling? What does Sam boiling water got to do with the Community? Smiley Happy Mur

Posted Image
Message 7 of 99 (603 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3093 posts

Sep 28, 2013

myalana wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

So you're attending the party then? Maybe we can go together Smiley Happy

I doubt that is a serious question.

I would however like to correct my remark, as follows: I can't help but think that SOME people who post here think they are more important than they are. Maybe it's all that elbow rubbing with the MVP's?

I could edit my original comment, but I have already been quoted.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 8 of 99 (593 Views)
MVP Support
14359 posts

Sep 28, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

myalana wrote:

Mya, I am a little confused. Is this party about some guy named Sam? Or is the party about water boiling? What does Sam boiling water got to do with the Community? Smiley Happy Mur

Read the yellow text, Mur. It's by the community and for the community. Smiley Happy

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 9 of 99 (591 Views)
Fender Bender
1571 posts

Sep 28, 2013

younginflavor18 wrote:

MysticMur wrote:

myalana wrote:

Read the yellow text, Mur. It's by the community and for the community. Smiley Happy

So does this mean that Sam is coming? And will he be boiling water? Thanks, Smiley Happy Mur

Posted Image
Message 10 of 99 (578 Views)