Apr 19 2013
By: MurreuKwerk Lombax Warrior 68 posts
Accepted Solution

We need a "Refund" button.

31 replies 545 views Edited Apr 19, 2013
I am sick and tired of me and many others buying things on home that are not what we expect. For example, one of my friends purchased the Doodle pack from Lockwood and it turns out she can't doodle with friends unless they own it.

They never mentioned that in the trailer or the description. So now I ask Sony. Why can't there be a refund button where we get our money back to purchase a different item? Because home has a knack for buying things, then once you buy them, they turn out to be worse than you actually thought of them to be.

Heck, we wouldn't even mind for a half priced refund....just give us a refund option because this is absolutely ridiculous. Home has really disappointed me since the last 4 years. It has really gone downhill with the lack of game content items, and poor moderation.

But now this? Getting items that we didn't expect them to be? I believe that is false advertising.

That is all.
Message 1 of 32 (545 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Re: We need a "Refund" button.

Apr 19, 2013

MurreuKwerk wrote:
I am sick and tired of me and many others buying things on home that are not what we expect. For example, one of my friends purchased the Doodle pack from Lockwood and it turns out she can't doodle with friends unless they own it.

They never mentioned that in the trailer or the description. So now I ask Sony. Why can't there be a refund button where we get our money back to purchase a different item? Because home has a knack for buying things, then once you buy them, they turn out to be worse than you actually thought of them to be.

Heck, we wouldn't even mind for a half priced refund....just give us a refund option because this is absolutely ridiculous. Home has really disappointed me since the last 4 years. It has really gone downhill with the lack of game content items, and poor moderation.

But now this? Getting items that we didn't expect them to be? I believe that is false advertising.

That is all.

One thing I have learned is that instead of just using the forums to complain, it also help to come here for feedback before purchasing.  Had you have done this you would have save yourself some money

[POLL Feedback Thread] Lock-a-doodle

Lock-a-Doodle WARNING, friends cannot play unless they own it.

Message 2 of 32 (539 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Apr 19, 2013
He can also go visit those who have purchased the product before he buys it which is what I usually do before I purchase anything. I would definitely wait a day later so you know everything about an item. I thought that the price was too steep for me at this moment.
Message 3 of 32 (530 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Jumping into big purchases without reading about them first or trying them by visiting others isn't the best idea given there is a No Refund Policy. I suppose you could try to get one if you feel the product was not advertized correctly and misleading. Some have gotten refunds from Sony Customer Service although I don't have any first hand experience with that.

I always try to be careful to read about others experiences and the fact that the game wasn't playable by friends unless they at least got the space was talked about here just after Home opened on Wednesday. It's a smart thing to do especially with expensive items. 

And yes a refund button would be nice but I doubt we'll ever see one. 

Message 4 of 32 (521 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I would'nt mind a voucher for home use only in some cases , this item for example which I did'nt even think about buying due to the price is a perfect example.

Alot of users who don't use the forums or might be new to home i'm sure got very upset for various reasons with this item.

Myself , I like to see items or spaces in person before I purchase them as i've made purchases in the past thinking they maybe be bigger due to how it looked in the preview and it turned out small or did'nt do what I was led to believe the item might do ,so i have learned from that but i'm sure many have not.

Maybe like a refund within 20 minutes of purchase which gives users plenty of time to see an item and to prevent users from getting rewards maybe unlock rewards after the 20 minute period.

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 5 of 32 (515 Views)
Sackboy
459 posts

Apr 19, 2013
we should have a stickied thread things to consider before making a purchase
Message 6 of 32 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Apr 19, 2013

MurreuKwerk wrote:
I believe that is false advertising.

No. But suggesting Lockwood has done that with their Lock-a-Doodle advert borders on libel.

As other posters have pointed out, you need to develop some patience.

If Home bothers you so much, stop using it.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 7 of 32 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I've mentioned before, Home needs a live preview room. 

A designated room that allows you to place accordingly to determine it's size, color, and would be nice to have an option for its functionality. Ideally..but I can see them doing at least the room for regular furniture.

This to give you an idea would be like when you are placing furniture in redcorate. If you want to place it, it will ask you to confirm purchase. I know this works exclusively with non active furniture items, but its a start. 

Personal spaces require Open houses, and would be nice to have demo active item preview. 

Clothing and LMO on the other hand, I have issues with, while in the new section, you're able to try different combos of clothing from different devlopers, however once they seperate into their own sections, you can no longer preview.

We need something to allow LMO's as well, a white room, harbor, something. 

Many of you say why not go to other people who have bought them, I say:

1. One person has to make the initial purchase, so they risk making a bad purchase in the first place. Expecting someone else to take the chances, and taking time to show it to those asking.  Some are ok with it and that's fine, so dont get me wrong.

2. Not everyone has friends solely on Home, and not everyone is on during the time you want to purchase.

To help eliminate this ordeal, it would be nice to have our own personal previews

Message 8 of 32 (427 Views)
Survivor
2391 posts

Apr 19, 2013

MurreuKwerk wrote:

That is all.

What about the Sodium1 game from Lockwood?  If I bought it, my friend can't come to my apartment and play it.  And Home Tycoon with the car pack.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 9 of 32 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 19, 2013

You know... You can always wait and see items from friends and video's or even visit a Home fan site for information on items before you buy.  MVP guides often have new items and I am sure they would be willing to share their insight on new items/estate ect.

No refund and all sales are final is not always the case. But Buy to try isn't a option at all.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 10 of 32 (379 Views)
0 Likes