179 posts

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

Jan 25, 2013

stardeth wrote:

pyrodragon5 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Shortnsassy37 wrote:

pyrodragon5 wrote:

jo, he was saying that the people that are saying " Soooo looking forward to when the update to 1.75 goes live.  Plussers get what they deserve, YEAH!! BOOYAH!! IN YO FACE!!" are being childish, just as those who simply complain without trying to give back anything that is actually constructive are being childish

thank you pyrodragon for clearing that up, i was about to post the same thing  Smiley Happy  

Well I'll need to read it a bit more carefully next time but there a quite a few on the forum who aren't very happy about the developments lately. And I'll be the first to apologize to Star given I misunderstood what he said. 

i actually had to look at it a couple times as well, i missed the one little arrow thing lol.  should have used quotes and more arrow thingys star XD

Sorry, my bad! I'll be sure to make my points more... well, pointy. Smiley Very Happy

yeah, do that lol silly

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Shortnsassy37
Message 41 of 83 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Shortnsassy37 wrote:

pyrodragon5 wrote:

jo, he was saying that the people that are saying " Soooo looking forward to when the update to 1.75 goes live.  Plussers get what they deserve, YEAH!! BOOYAH!! IN YO FACE!!" are being childish, just as those who simply complain without trying to give back anything that is actually constructive are being childish

thank you pyrodragon for clearing that up, i was about to post the same thing  Smiley Happy  

Well I'll need to read it a bit more carefully next time but there are quite a few on the forum who aren't very happy about the developments lately. And I'll be the first to apologize to Star given I misunderstood what he said. 

I won't offer to play Uncharted with him because I'm not completely out of my mind.

I'm... not exactly sure what you meant by this. I certainly wasn't trying to stifle anyone's opinion, I was only trying to point out (without enough pointers, of course Smiley Tongue), that we can ALL express our opinions with exhibiting tantrum-like behavior. Sony will do what Sony will do, regardless of what we here have to say about it, and expressing displeasure over plans not to one's liking is perfectly fine. When somebody says, "Yeah, eat it, plussers, we got the update shut down so you don't get nothing special, Har Har Har!!", this seriously crosses the line, and we all (should) know it. I'm not asking you to blindly follow Sony's path, just to admit there IS a path, and we all must walk it, or sit it out.

Photobucket
Message 42 of 83 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 25, 2013

stardeth wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Shortnsassy37 wrote:

pyrodragon5 wrote:

Well I'll need to read it a bit more carefully next time but there are quite a few on the forum who aren't very happy about the developments lately. And I'll be the first to apologize to Star given I misunderstood what he said. 

I won't offer to play Uncharted with him because I'm not completely out of my mind.

I'm... not exactly sure what you meant by this. I certainly wasn't trying to stifle anyone's opinion, I was only trying to point out (without enough pointers, of course Smiley Tongue), that we can ALL express our opinions with exhibiting tantrum-like behavior. Sony will do what Sony will do, regardless of what we here have to say about it, and expressing displeasure over plans not to one's liking is perfectly fine. When somebody says, "Yeah, eat it, plussers, we got the update shut down so you don't get nothing special, Har Har Har!!", this seriously crosses the line, and we all (should) know it. I'm not asking you to blindly follow Sony's path, just to admit there IS a path, and we all must walk it, or sit it out.

stardeth wrote:

Soooo looking forward to when the update to 1.75 goes live. Plussers get what they deserve, YEAH!! BOOYAH!! IN YO FACE!!

Read your first sentence hun. Lots of people will not continue reading after those comments.  That kind of speaks for itself.

I'm done here. I think we've made out points and the fact of the matter is we have a more divided community today because Marketing and Home Management thinks this is a great idea. 

Message 43 of 83 (236 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Delayed, not a big deal guys.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 44 of 83 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Some of the most hardcore Home users, who have multiple regional accounts, will get particularly shafted by this Plus thing, because even if we pony up the $50 a year for our main account, we won't have these features on our auxiliary ones. Seems to me that hurting your biggest spenders in ways like this will only increase their apathy toward Home and lead to less money for Sony in the future. The more I feel nickle and dimed, the less likely I'll be from now on to buy PSN cards here in Northa America, and from all over the world.

And as for this BOOYA nonsense, I actually AM a Plus subscriber right now for another 2 months or so, I have been one off and on in the past, and I have one more 3-month card I got on sale that I can use in the future. That doesn't change the fact this is a pretty dirty move and all of us will lose CORE features the second we stop paying the SONY HOME TAX.

Anyway, I'm still happy just to read the patch isn't going ahead right away. It's taking Home in many wrong directions, simultaneously.

Message 45 of 83 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Some of the most hardcore Home users, who have multiple regional accounts, got particularly shafted by this, because even if we pony up the $50 a year for our main account, we won't have these features on our auxiliary ones. Seems to me that hurting your biggest spenders in ways like this will only increase their apathy toward Home and lead to less money for them in the future.

This might be true that region hoppers feel shafted but the regional management warned all Home users long ago they did not support region hopping. This was a user choice to make. Don't blame anyone but yourselves. Not trying to be mean but it's always been known.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 46 of 83 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 25, 2013

They need to be sure it works before going live with it. This is a rather important change when it comes to migrating files from PS3 to server side. Better to take the time they need and get it right. 

Message 47 of 83 (193 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Has anyone else noticed that this delay has been officially announced in every region but North America? Again? Once again NA Home Management is asleep at the wheel. That is if there is even anyone AT the wheel in NA.

Message 48 of 83 (190 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Some of the most hardcore Home users, who have multiple regional accounts, got particularly shafted by this, because even if we pony up the $50 a year for our main account, we won't have these features on our auxiliary ones. Seems to me that hurting your biggest spenders in ways like this will only increase their apathy toward Home and lead to less money for them in the future.

This might be true that region hoppers feel shafted but the regional management warned all Home users long ago they did not support region hopping. This was a user choice to make. Don't blame anyone but yourselves. Not trying to be mean but it's always been known.

I have multiple North American accounts for which I purchase items. It's not just multi region users who get left out of this.  And Home management knows full well about all the other region accounts. They haven't elected to do anything about it because many of those users also spend lots of money.

Message 49 of 83 (187 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

I have multiple North American accounts for which I purchase items. It's not just multi region users who get left out of this.  And Home management knows full well about all the other region accounts. They haven't elected to do anything about it because many of those users also spend lots of money.

I can understand the multi- US accounts and hope that they take notice that many are upset about that.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 50 of 83 (174 Views)
0 Likes