Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

Jan 25, 2013
I noticed, julie_love, I was thinking this thread would go that route with comments.
I like how the information goes:
hk: "it's the servers! We're sorry!"
jp: "it's the servers! We're sorry!"
eu: "Sorry, but we're 'investigating' it!"
na: *crickets*
Message 61 of 83 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Their priorities are misguided, and now we have to wait another 4 months for the slight possibility they'll ever do something to fix item management instead of dreaming up new ways to make Home worse.

Ultimately though even if they decide to do anything to fix the long overdue disaster of wardrobe and item management will those updates be for the entire community or will we be agaln faced with the possibility that those who have Plus will get the upgrades and those who do not won't.
Adding 24 wardrobe slots to a system that already takes forever to load 24 is going to take how much longer to load the 48. Then again how many users are going to be able to tell what outfits they saved in those 48 slots because all you can see is the head and shoulders of the outfit and not what you are wearing.

Yes but what ur all forgetting right now is the avatars load slower yes... But it has to read ur HDD first before it can load the avatars... That's what takes so long... Having to read our HDD's....  After this update it won't be  doing that..... If that's the case... Who's to say it will still be slow then? 

HDD saves can slow down Home 90% of the time just reading HDD for ever darn thing on HOME... If HDD no longer is in this it may just may read stuff from Online servers twice as fast.... We just don't know yet what will happen till the update goes lives.

Let's now jump to conclusions that 48 avatar slot would be even slower as it won't be reading from our HDD's at that point... We just don't know yet...

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 62 of 83 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 25, 2013

if its the hdds then why not use solid state drives after all whats the data going to be stored on in a server  a hdd

Message 63 of 83 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote: 

Let's now jump to conclusions that 48 avatar slot would be even slower as it won't be reading from our HDD's at that point... We just don't know yet...

It doesn't change the fact you can't tell what is saved in each slot. I don't think users really want to write down on a sheet of paper what they saved in slot 39 and I suspect most after a week or two won't remember what they saved in that slot.

Even saved outfit needs an upgrade to make the saves more useful for users so there is a pop up or a 3D preview or something other than what we have right now. 

Even if the 48 slots were for everyone I'm not sure that is going to be something everyone enjoys if loading time is simply doubled. I won't be able to tell because I'm not going to get plus to try it out.

Smiley Wink

Message 64 of 83 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote: 

It doesn't change the fact you can't tell what is saved in each slot. I don't think one needs to write down on a sheet of paper what they saved in slot 39 because if they don't after a week or two they won't remember what is in that slot.

Even saved outfits need an upgrade to make the saves more useful for users so their is a pop up or 3D preview or something other than what we have right now. 

Even if the 48 slots were for everyone I'm not sure that is going to be something everyone enjoys if loading time is simply doubled. I won't be able to tell because I'm not going to get plus to see.

Smiley Wink

Or atleast a scroll to see the rest of what you are wearing. Yes.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 65 of 83 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3272 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Pretty sure the model are downloaded from the server so yes, we can expect double DL time. I was already thinking of writing notes on these (24) because the little we see look the same for many of mines. I could sure use 6 more... I just hope I'll resist using more than that, takes too long already.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 66 of 83 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3858 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:
Yes but what ur all forgetting right now is the avatars load slower yes... But it has to read ur HDD first before it can load the avatars... That's what takes so long... Having to read our HDD's....  After this update it won't be  doing that..... If that's the case... Who's to say it will still be slow then? 

HDD saves can slow down Home 90% of the time just reading HDD for ever darn thing on HOME... If HDD no longer is in this it may just may read stuff from Online servers twice as fast.... We just don't know yet what will happen till the update goes lives.

:^/ You're fogetting that the avatar save data and thumbnail images will have to be read from Sony's hard drive first before being sent through the Internet to you. So, there will be no speed increase there. Now, if the network were busier under the increased load of millions of users in their wardrobes, you may have to wait your turn reading your avatar save data from Sony's server's hard drive, so there's the possibility this change will actually slow things down considerably.

Has Sony tracked how many people access their wardrobes each day? How could they? I see no way to even track how many such accesses will occur, and thus anticipate the increase in network traffic, let alone accomodate it.

:^/ We'll see, but I don't anticipate this being more positive than negative.

Message 67 of 83 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Jan 26, 2013

darkan12-nl wrote:

http://playstationhome.jp/support/mn.html

Google Translation:

2013.01.25 postponement and update client, server failure notification of saved dataWith which had been scheduled for Wednesday, January 30, 2013, to update to 1.75 client,
Because it was found to have a problem on the server side, we have to postpone the update Sun.
Sun update as soon as a decision is made, I will inform you.

In addition, the influence of the above-mentioned problem server, Regarding "peakvox ninja" and lounge "peakvox labs" lounge,
Phenomenon that may fail to save and load the saved data server has been confirmed.
Right now, we are engaged in remediation. soon know when the fix can be reflected, I will inform you.
We apologize for the inconvenience, modified to be reflected,
As we refrain from the use of an item with limited 之 wound ball and yell peakvox ticket, such as nutrients, number of uses,
Thank you.

To everyone, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that very much.

better a delay on a update than months without HOME or PSN Smiley Happy

images.jpg

Message 68 of 83 (297 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Jan 26, 2013

darkan12-nl wrote:

http://playstationhome.jp/support/mn.html

Google Translation:

2013.01.25 postponement and update client, server failure notification of saved dataWith which had been scheduled for Wednesday, January 30, 2013, to update to 1.75 client,
Because it was found to have a problem on the server side, we have to postpone the update Sun.
Sun update as soon as a decision is made, I will inform you.

In addition, the influence of the above-mentioned problem server, Regarding "peakvox ninja" and lounge "peakvox labs" lounge,
Phenomenon that may fail to save and load the saved data server has been confirmed.
Right now, we are engaged in remediation. soon know when the fix can be reflected, I will inform you.
We apologize for the inconvenience, modified to be reflected,
As we refrain from the use of an item with limited 之 wound ball and yell peakvox ticket, such as nutrients, number of uses,
Thank you.

To everyone, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that very much.

well theres the problem. the update has been delayed because we arent worshiping the great almighty Update Sun in the sky.

let us pray so that the Sun may make a decision and update Home. if necessary, we shall perform a ritual sacrifice. whos the most loyal Home user willing to sacrifice themselves?

Message 69 of 83 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1630 posts

Jan 29, 2013

UPDATE 2 (January 29):

We have received news that the Home 1.75 platform update has been delayed to finalize details of the roll-out. This is a big, important update that will bring a lot of long-term benefits and requires a little extra preparation. We will provide you with further updates as we receive them but are hopeful that the delay will be no longer than two weeks.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/INFO-Home-1-75-Patch-Notes/m-p/39367397

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 70 of 83 (123 Views)
0 Likes