Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 05/26/2010
Offline
582 posts
 

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Some of the most hardcore Home users, who have multiple regional accounts, got particularly shafted by this, because even if we pony up the $50 a year for our main account, we won't have these features on our auxiliary ones. Seems to me that hurting your biggest spenders in ways like this will only increase their apathy toward Home and lead to less money for them in the future.


 This might be true that region hoppers feel shafted but the regional management warned all Home users long ago they did not support region hopping. This was a user choice to make. Don't blame anyone but yourselves. Not trying to be mean but it's always been known.


I have multiple North American accounts for which I purchase items. It's not just multi region users who get left out of this.  And Home management knows full well about all the other region accounts. They haven't elected to do anything about it because many of those users also spend lots of money.


I can understand the multi- US accounts and hope that they take notice that many are upset about that.


I also have a secondary NA account I periodically spend money on that just got screwed. Part of the reason I created it was to help alleviate the major inventory problems plaguing Home which this Core update will do nothing to help. In fact, it's just making the situation worse because now they probably think they've addressed the problem for the time being with those extra save slots. They haven't. All they've done is focus their energies on questionable cloud storage schemes and nickle and diming the userbase for basic features instead of providing long, long overdue updates to the basic item storage and sort system which is completely broken at this point. Their priorities are misguided, and now we have to wait another 4 months for the slight possibility they'll ever do something to fix item management instead of dreaming up new ways to make Home worse.

Message 51 of 83 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Offline
16565 posts
 

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

Jan 25, 2013

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Some of the most hardcore Home users, who have multiple regional accounts, got particularly shafted by this, because even if we pony up the $50 a year for our main account, we won't have these features on our auxiliary ones. Seems to me that hurting your biggest spenders in ways like this will only increase their apathy toward Home and lead to less money for them in the future.


 This might be true that region hoppers feel shafted but the regional management warned all Home users long ago they did not support region hopping. This was a user choice to make. Don't blame anyone but yourselves. Not trying to be mean but it's always been known.


I have multiple North American accounts for which I purchase items. It's not just multi region users who get left out of this.  And Home management knows full well about all the other region accounts. They haven't elected to do anything about it because many of those users also spend lots of money.


I can understand the multi- US accounts and hope that they take notice that many are upset about that.


I also have a secondary NA account I periodically spend money on that just got screwed. Part of the reason I created it was to help alleviate the major inventory problems plaguing Home which this Core update will do nothing to help. In fact, it's just making the situation worse because now they probably think they've addressed the problem for the time being with those extra save slots. They haven't. All they've done is focus their energies on questionable cloud storage schemes and nickle and diming the userbase for basic features instead of providing long, long overdue updates to the basic item storage and sort system which is completely broken at this point. Their priorities are misguided, and now we have to wait another 4 months for the slight possibility they'll ever do something to fix item management instead of dreaming up new ways to make Home worse.


I can agree to some of that also. After reading pretty much every single post made on this Core update I have finally come to this. . Anything Core related should be free to all Home users. All the PS+ stuff should be separate.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 52 of 83 (224 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

 Their priorities are misguided, and now we have to wait another 4 months for the slight possibility they'll ever do something to fix item management instead of dreaming up new ways to make Home worse.


Ultimately though even if they decide to do anything to fix the long overdue disaster of wardrobe and item management will those updates be for the entire community or will we be agaln faced with the possibility that those who have Plus will get the upgrades and those who do not won't.
Adding 24 wardrobe slots to a system that already takes forever to load 24 is going to take how much longer to load the 48. Then again how many users are going to be able to tell what outfits they saved in those 48 slots because all you can see is the head and shoulders of the outfit and not what you are wearing.

 

 

 

 

Message 53 of 83 (218 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Jersquall wrote:
I can agree to some of that also. After reading pretty much every single post made on this Core update I have finally come to this. . Anything Core related should be free to all Home users. All the PS+ stuff should be separate.

I'm so happy to hear you say that. There are certainly other ways to reward Plus users but it certainly isn't with core features that should make the service more useful for everyone. 

Message 54 of 83 (213 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Offline
16565 posts
 

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

Jan 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:
I can agree to some of that also. After reading pretty much every single post made on this Core update I have finally come to this. . Anything Core related should be free to all Home users. All the PS+ stuff should be separate.

I'm so happy to hear you say that. There are certainly other ways to reward Plus users but it certainly isn't with core features that should make the service more useful for everyone. 


Yup, and they have plans in doing so but as mentioned the Core has never been used before to highlight sales and PS+ has recieved a bad rep because of this update. It is a very valuable service to gamers but it has to be used differently here. I'm pushing for just that.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 55 of 83 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
3270 posts
 

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

Jan 25, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:
I can agree to some of that also. After reading pretty much every single post made on this Core update I have finally come to this. . Anything Core related should be free to all Home users. All the PS+ stuff should be separate.

I'm so happy to hear you say that. There are certainly other ways to reward Plus users but it certainly isn't with core features that should make the service more useful for everyone. 


Yup, and they have plans in doing so but as mentioned the Core has never been used before to highlight sales and PS+ has recieved a bad rep because of this update. It is a very valuable service to gamers but it has to be used differently here. I'm pushing for just that.


I don't know. I have mix feelings about that one. The added features for PS+ are not exactly "game changer" but I can understand hardcore home users who are using their PS3 solely for home not liking it. I doubt Sony have a sufficient marging on home sales to offer a significant deal on them.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 56 of 83 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
2781 posts
 

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

Jan 25, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:
I can agree to some of that also. After reading pretty much every single post made on this Core update I have finally come to this. . Anything Core related should be free to all Home users. All the PS+ stuff should be separate.

I'm so happy to hear you say that. There are certainly other ways to reward Plus users but it certainly isn't with core features that should make the service more useful for everyone. 


Yup, and they have plans in doing so but as mentioned the Core has never been used before to highlight sales and PS+ has recieved a bad rep because of this update. It is a very valuable service to gamers but it has to be used differently here. I'm pushing for just that.


I'm also really pleased to hear you say that.

 

The Core is the bread and water of Home, and should not be held back from anyone.

 

DigitalLeisure, Granzella, nDreams etc make the little luxuries which I think almost all of us accept and expect to pay for such. If Sony want to make money (and I dont think SCEA are to blame as this is in all regions), then they need to make something nice, and not pass off bread and expecting people to be thankful for it.

Message 57 of 83 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/28/2009
Offline
5016 posts
 

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

Jan 25, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Some of the most hardcore Home users, who have multiple regional accounts, got particularly shafted by this, because even if we pony up the $50 a year for our main account, we won't have these features on our auxiliary ones. Seems to me that hurting your biggest spenders in ways like this will only increase their apathy toward Home and lead to less money for them in the future.


 This might be true that region hoppers feel shafted but the regional management warned all Home users long ago they did not support region hopping. This was a user choice to make. Don't blame anyone but yourselves. Not trying to be mean but it's always been known.


Again Region Hopping is when someone use a USA Home account and hops to another region from that account... That is what TRUE region hopping is or was... Since this was patched many years ago....

 

Far as having Plus on other Accounts WHO CARES!  We don't need Plus on other accounts... Far as those extra Features theres Nothing all that GREAT about those that i'd pay for extra PLUS just to get that crap...

 

If they Really wanted to make PLUS users happy They give Plus MEMBERS a FREE Clubhouse! Plus they get Discounts on All Home Purchase's....  Now that would be what PLUS should be about...  This other crap who Cares!

 

 

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 58 of 83 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/28/2009
Offline
5016 posts
 

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

Jan 25, 2013

julie_love wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that this delay has been officially announced in every region but North America? Again? Once again NA Home Management is asleep at the wheel. That is if there is even anyone AT the wheel in NA.


Due to the Lawsuit from UK on Sony they must of decided to let the USA Home team go first... To pay that Lawsuit...  The End is Nigh!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 59 of 83 (166 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Offline
16565 posts
 

Re: New 1.75 not coming on 1/30

Jan 25, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:
I can agree to some of that also. After reading pretty much every single post made on this Core update I have finally come to this. . Anything Core related should be free to all Home users. All the PS+ stuff should be separate.

I'm so happy to hear you say that. There are certainly other ways to reward Plus users but it certainly isn't with core features that should make the service more useful for everyone. 


Yup, and they have plans in doing so but as mentioned the Core has never been used before to highlight sales and PS+ has recieved a bad rep because of this update. It is a very valuable service to gamers but it has to be used differently here. I'm pushing for just that.


I don't know. I have mix feelings about that one. The added features for PS+ are not exactly "game changer" but I can understand hardcore home users who are using their PS3 solely for home not liking it. I doubt Sony have a sufficient marging on home sales to offer a significant deal on them.


I think if they are creative there are a lot of way to make Plus available to Home users and gamers alike all while bringing revenue. Gamers like in game items and Home users like in Home game items. They touched on this in the past.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 60 of 83 (163 Views)
0 Likes