Fender Bender
1571 posts

Re: We Love Home, Glasswalls.

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

Wow, kitchens_closed! Glad you decided to stop lurking and contribute. Excellent post, that echoes what so many of us think.

As a "year old" Home and Forum member, I find myself becoming disheartened. Not because of my experiences on Home. I am beginning to see a pattern from the Sony employees, of disrespect to their clients. I also see change being implemented, which seems to take away versus add to our Home experience.

We can only hope that within time, this us vs. Home team feeling, can be put to rest. But it is very difficult to earn back trust, once it is lost. If anyone from the Home Team is reading this thread, please remember, "Your customers who tell you what you don't want to hear, are more valuable than those who just tell you what you want to hear".

Posted Image
Message 21 of 151 (668 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 19, 2013

kitchens_closed wrote:

Hi everybody I am a regular Home user and forum lurkerer lol, I know alot of you guys from in Home, so hi guys =)

Anywayyy, down to brass tacks lol: This is an open message to Glasswalls, the rest of the NA Home Team, and the community at large.

I never felt the need to post before, because between this forum and all of my lovely friends on home, I get all the answers and help I need with the many things in home that are unexplained or lacking clear directions. I've also been known to lend a helping hand at times for people if they need it.

This really is an amazing community, teeming with love and support.  There are some very special people who are willing to lend a helping hand in lieu of a professional, reliable, and punctual management team.

There was a time a few years back when getting ANY response from ANYONE affiliated with Sony was nothing short of a miracle. But Home has grown wings, and NA has become a cash cow.

Some of this has been blown out of proportion, but many of these unhappy voices crying out have been with Home since the beginning. They brought your platform out of the womb.

The people on the forum do not trust the NA Home Team, and it is not because they are being unreasonable, or don't want to -- it is from experience.  They are not ungrateful – they love Home, they love the platform, and they want it to succeed.

This distrust has been earned.

You may feel you know what is best for your customers. You might feel our complaints are unreasonable. Fine. But we are putting food in your mouth.

You might feel you don't need to make any updates that won't directly increase your bottom line. Eventually you won't be able to laugh to yourself as you do what you wish and ignore our comments, after all, people are still continuously buying crap regardless, right? Right?

No, I'm not threatening to leave. I'm not threatening to boycott. I'm not threatening. I love Home. I love to decorate. I love to dress up. I love my friends. Home is something special and unique, unlike anything else that has ever been done.

If you want the community’s respect, please be worthy of respect. Listen. Answer questions. Please don't dismiss concerns with blanket statements and go into hiding while we frustratingly wax worst case scenarios.

We will not stop voicing our opinions. We will not go away, but the truth is one man on the inside can do far more damage than 5,000 screaming on a forum.

Glasswalls: The community needs you more than ever, and if you want Home to continue growing, you will also need our support. You don’t have to agree with everything something does to love it -- and we are voicing our concerns first and foremost because we love Home!!! 

Our symbiotic relationship has made Home a living, breathing organism sprawling with life. The community needs a beacon of hope. Please, be what we desperately need you to be right now. Thank you.

Not to be rude but most of this is wrong.  For one this upcomeing update is NOT a NA server update it's a core update in other words it will also happen on the EU, Asian and Japan servers.  So what I'm saying here is that this bad update is not the falt of the NA team.

This in no way is saying that the NA team is doing a good job.  They should be here more answering our questions, spening more time on Home and given us there feedback.

As for "We Love Home" sorry to say but I don't!!!  I love the idea of Home and what Home "could" become.  But I feel like the staff is taken us down a lot of the wrong roads.  This upcoming update being one of the many.

I also wish the Home saff would repy to this but also find it unlikely.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 22 of 151 (659 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

hehe thats an awesome war cry kit we all must fight to save our  home,tongue in cheek aside one realy has to wonder  where this alienation has all come from

imo part of the problem is  the home teams failure to recognise the diversity of the community in home eg the new save system in itself is nt  a problem but the implentation of it is as its a big slap in the face to those that like to use it and is just another demonstration of the lack of understanding of the community and its uses of home from the home management

that will only succeed in driving away another section of the community as they wil be no longer able to participate in a pastime within home they liked doing just like many other sections have been driven away.

As you mention watching home grow from the womb as you  eloquently put it

imo from homes birth of great potential it is now growing into an unruly cash grabbing spoilt child with no respect for the users that put it there.

Im sure most of us dont mind buying things etc now and again but seems to be getting to the point that home is deliberately driving away  users or limitting the thngs they have to do within home without spending $.

This combination of not so subtle sales techniques and removal of features people like to use to all intents and purposes seems an almost deliberate attempt to  effectively say fu to some of its users and this isnt a good message to send in a social application therein lies the problem

Message 23 of 151 (586 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Very well said kitchy.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 24 of 151 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Wow.  I used to be a daily (Hourly, if anyone around here remembers me, lol) forums user, but I had to get out while the gettin' was good.  It's been October since I've posted anything here on the forums, and I had to sign in to kudo this post, and to pledge my whole hearted agreeance.  I don't think anyone else could have summed it up any better.

Now, I must go.  My people need me.  Smiley LOL

Message 25 of 151 (485 Views)
Fender Bender
2691 posts

Jan 20, 2013
My name is Wave, and I approve the OP's message.

Seriously, I love Home, always have since late 08 when I got into the closed beta. HCV badge? Wear it with pride. Even I can't ignore the major faults that have just been getting worse recently. It started (at least, as far as I'm concerned; I know its been going on longer, this was just the first one that made me go "...The heck?") with the mass space removal... Much as I hate to say it, its only been going downhill since. It hurts me to see it, hurts me to say it, but its the truth.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 26 of 151 (453 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

To live in the 50's is to not dream of the future. To live in the future is to dream of the 50's. To acknowledge change is to invite it into your life. To live with simplicity is to enjoy the easy things in life...You decide your lifestyle. Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 151 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Very well said. Ditto!

Up with HOPE, Down with the ROPE!
Message 28 of 151 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Yep, was here at CB (never got my cb shirt, i was in the tail end) but i agree that home isnt what it once was... its a shame,
Message 29 of 151 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Well said.   As a member of home whose been roaming around this digital world since day one I can tell you that you can only irk the users for so long until they won't take it.

Home has the potential to be amazing, Yet miscommunication, empty promises and outrageous price tags have created a very real divide  in the user base.

Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 30 of 151 (318 Views)