Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: We Love Home, Glasswalls.

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

HaIfManHaIfNerd wrote:

It's okay everybody, I'm here now Smiley HappyRobot HappyMan HappyWoman HappyCat Happy

I was worried...I missed you.

Message 141 of 151 (276 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

HaIfManHaIfNerd wrote:

It's okay everybody, I'm here now Smiley HappyRobot HappyMan HappyWoman HappyCat Happy

Hallelujah! Hey kitchens_closed, you better forget about your thread for glasswalls and edit it to say "We Love HalfManHalfNerd on Home"
Welcome back!

I don't even know who you are, but welcome back anyway!

Message 142 of 151 (265 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 23, 2013

HaIfManHaIfNerd wrote:

It's about time. This was starting to get out of hand.

Message 143 of 151 (260 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 23, 2013

kitchens_closed wrote:

Hi everybody I am a regular Home user and forum lurkerer lol, I know alot of you guys from in Home, so hi guys =)

Anywayyy, down to brass tacks lol: This is an open message to Glasswalls, the rest of the NA Home Team, and the community at large.

I never felt the need to post before, because between this forum and all of my lovely friends on home, I get all the answers and help I need with the many things in home that are unexplained or lacking clear directions. I've also been known to lend a helping hand at times for people if they need it.

This really is an amazing community, teeming with love and support.  There are some very special people who are willing to lend a helping hand in lieu of a professional, reliable, and punctual management team.

There was a time a few years back when getting ANY response from ANYONE affiliated with Sony was nothing short of a miracle. But Home has grown wings, and NA has become a cash cow.

Some of this has been blown out of proportion, but many of these unhappy voices crying out have been with Home since the beginning. They brought your platform out of the womb.

The people on the forum do not trust the NA Home Team, and it is not because they are being unreasonable, or don't want to -- it is from experience.  They are not ungrateful – they love Home, they love the platform, and they want it to succeed.

This distrust has been earned.

You may feel you know what is best for your customers. You might feel our complaints are unreasonable. Fine. But we are putting food in your mouth.

You might feel you don't need to make any updates that won't directly increase your bottom line. Eventually you won't be able to laugh to yourself as you do what you wish and ignore our comments, after all, people are still continuously buying crap regardless, right? Right?

No, I'm not threatening to leave. I'm not threatening to boycott. I'm not threatening. I love Home. I love to decorate. I love to dress up. I love my friends. Home is something special and unique, unlike anything else that has ever been done.

If you want the community’s respect, please be worthy of respect. Listen. Answer questions. Please don't dismiss concerns with blanket statements and go into hiding while we frustratingly wax worst case scenarios.

We will not stop voicing our opinions. We will not go away, but the truth is one man on the inside can do far more damage than 5,000 screaming on a forum.

Glasswalls: The community needs you more than ever, and if you want Home to continue growing, you will also need our support. You don’t have to agree with everything something does to love it -- and we are voicing our concerns first and foremost because we love Home!!! 

Our symbiotic relationship has made Home a living, breathing organism sprawling with life. The community needs a beacon of hope. Please, be what we desperately need you to be right now. Thank you.

Message 144 of 151 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Jan 23, 2013

First of all, 4 years 4 months / over 1000 dollars spent on home.

Feel exactly the same way as OP, except I'd prefer a GW replacement.  Maniacs like me with 4 digits of spending make up the larger part of what makes home profitable. It'd be nice if sony/gw/whoever is responsible would quit being **bleep** to the best customers.  

FF14 WAR
Message 145 of 151 (207 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Just a thought, but-- Would an organized moratorium on Home purchases be an effective tool? With so many well known users in NA who are also well known in EU, a 2 region effort might get Sony to listen.

Posted Image

Message 146 of 151 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Now this is what I call a worthy post!  Welcome to the forums Kitchen, I have seen you before on Home and its great that you have decided to join the forums as well Smiley Happy

Message 147 of 151 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Well the real issue now is how NA Home is understaffed in terms of Community Management, and now we've found out how GW has to put up with all this crap by himself thanks to his caring bosses at Sony.

How hard is it for them to just hire one extra dedicated person to fill in GW's shoes while he has other things to work on, to be a daily representative for the community here on the forums (and perhaps Home as well) by answering people's questions, giving them re-assurance and just interacting with the users here?

Message 148 of 151 (119 Views)
Splicer
31 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Just wanted to say thank you to the OP for pointing out what so many of us have been feeling for a while. You post outlines the core of this problem far more than mine does, plus is more eloquent & constructive. I'll admit I'm harsh & jaded with regards to how Home is managed, but it's as a result of how things have been handled. Though nonetheless, I love the platform. And if I didn't love it as much as I do, I wouldn't bother to complain or suggest that things be handled better. We know that Home can be after all. Other regions have more staff, better responses, nicer & more frequent events, plus an improved sense of integration with pop culture via household names being in Home. The last thing I want is to see is for this platform to fail, quite the opposite. I'd like to see it grow into something grand & worthy of a lot of praise. But in order for that to happen, the way things are handled has got to change.

Message 149 of 151 (93 Views)
Fender Bender
3413 posts

Jan 25, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

Well the real issue now is how NA Home is understaffed in terms of Community Management, and now we've found out how GW has to put up with all this crap by himself thanks to his caring bosses at Sony.

How hard is it for them to just hire one extra dedicated person to fill in GW's shoes while he has other things to work on, to be a daily representative for the community here on the forums (and perhaps Home as well) by answering people's questions, giving them re-assurance and just interacting with the users here?

Must be pretty hard..Kind of feel sad. But you do have a valid point here. Why can't they just find someone to go out into the public of the Home community and help people out? The Community Management does seem very well, how can I sum this up into one simple word....VACANT.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 150 of 151 (95 Views)
0 Likes