Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: We Love Home, Glasswalls.

Jan 21, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

The last thing for you to be doing is moping and giving up.

Come on. Bring out your optimism. I know it's there somewhere.

Who said I was moping sir? I think I was just giving a realistic glimpse about the state of things. If I was in such a state of despair, I wouldn't still be here bothering with it. I'll rattle a cage or two a little while longer while I can.

Message 91 of 151 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I'm being told by friends that their clubhouse furniture is now loading. 

Message 92 of 151 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1630 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Thats correct. everything back in place Smiley Happy

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 93 of 151 (269 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 21, 2013

myalana wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Don't worry Mya, as long as we have enough drinks and coffee..we'll be able to survive Home a little while longer.

I'd rather it last more than a little while though blur. Too bad our staff has said they don't "pander like that" when it comes to answering such threads and that to do so would make it appear they had been "baited". Really, we need folks "on the inside"  to speak for them. We're lucky when they take the time to feed us a little tid bit here and there.

Maybe we'll have the courtesy of a short statement about the clubhouse isssue at least. I don't have one on my main, but I feel for those who do and have spent hours or days decorating them. I won't be too surprised if there isn't an answer however....remember, they don't pander like that and their hands off approach is far more successful.

Well, we technically don't know how long Home has left before it's game over. It would be nice to imagine seeing Home on a PS4, however since there's been no real statements about it. We can only be content with what we have, sure management may not be the best all the time. Sure, we may be the last to hear info at times...usually we get info from third parties before our first party dev.

I guess forum users have lost patience? I can see the clubhouse being a big deal, however I personally believe it's getting hyped up more than it should be. 

Part of the reason why I haven't been posting lately, it's just a constant pick and fight.

Message 94 of 151 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I know you two weren't moping. But that's beside the point. I got what I wanted to read from you.

So it's the MLK holiday today in the States. Just tomorrow until we'll probably see some form of statement from GlassWalls when he's on the clock, punched in to work I suppose.

Message 95 of 151 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jan 21, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

I know you two weren't moping. But that's beside the point. I got what I wanted to read from you.

So it's the MLK holiday today in the States. Just tomorrow until we'll probably see some form of statement from GlassWalls when he's on the clock, punched in to work I suppose.

And just what, may I ask, did you wish to read from us?

Message 96 of 151 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 21, 2013

myalana wrote:

KyIeHyde wrote:

The status of your patience and willpower to cling on to Home as it is now, just for GlassWalls to read (whenever he gets a free 30 seconds to a minute out of free time to do...)

Duh.

Message 97 of 151 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jan 21, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

myalana wrote:

KyIeHyde wrote:

The status of your patience and willpower to cling on to Home as it is now, just for GlassWalls to read (whenever he gets a free 30 seconds to a minute out of free time to do...)

Duh.

lol...he already read it I'm sure. He just "doesn't often pander like that" when it comes to responding to such posts. He's messaged me that himself in the past. Maybe we could get J_W or T_F to weigh in however....they seem to be a little more "hands on" in their approach.

Message 98 of 151 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Well look at that. Looks like I got somebody's attention with that off-color and brutally honest post I made earlier about GlassWalls and now it's gone.

Message 99 of 151 (220 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I used to love Home, but now it deserves to be put out of its misery.

From the start, Home was built on a very flawed customer service model. Namely, "We're not going to have customer service. We'll let customers solve their own problems through a forum." Sony is hardly the first, and won't be the last, company to try and dance around the need for basic customer service like this, but that doesn't excuse the basic flaws of this model. Nobody's home when people want answers, and there's no clear recourse for consumers who have lost money on a purchase.

Could that model work? With enough staff and regular communication, possibly. But we're going in the opposite direction. Prices have risen and communication has dropped. While it may have been easy to forgive a broken 49-cent item, it's a lot harder to accept a broken $1.99 or $2.99 item. Every purchase is a risk. Games never function properly on launch day. Home is fundamentally broken, and there is no one pointing a path toward fixing that.

This business never should have been supported in the first place, just as consumers never should have allowed software companies (who cannot be named here) to release operating systems with massive bugs and then patch them down the road. As consumers, you have a right to a functional product at launch, with a reasonable measure of customer support. Every time you support something that violates these basic rules, you open the door to consumer exploitation a little wider. There's no one to blame but yourself. You keep using Home. You keep buying things. You keep supporting it through these forums. There is zero motivation for the powers that be to change anything.

If you want change, stop posting, stop buying, stop using. If Sony shuts Home down, lesson learned, and they'll think twice before they try running a product with no customer support again. If they don't shut it down, it's because they've decided that your money is worth the extra effort of true customer support. You should demand that your money is worth that much, at least you should have. Too late now, and I sincerely doubt that enough people have the mettle to send a clear message to Sony that would lead to meaningful change, as that would mean denying yourself access to something that you enjoy.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 100 of 151 (199 Views)