Fender Bender
3271 posts

Re: Watching Daytona 500 in Home?

Feb 24, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

I'm a big racing fan, or I should say used to be...

More an open wheel and "circuit" adept, I used to get up early morning to watch F1 qualification on saturday and races on sundays.

For a long time I tought Nascar was just about turning left... until I followed Jacques Villeneuve in it! WOW Those guys are crazy!!!

Anyways, I dont have much time for it now but if I could watch it with on home my girl who is a HUGE fan you can be sure we would be there. 

I played the Gran Turismo series (3,4,5) and in GT5 you could experience the "Nascar feel" even better feel than the Nascar official game. MAN!!! These car are HEAVY! Racing at those speed, inches aways from another... and that WEIGHT! Nothing to do with lightweigth open wheel...  ZZZOOOOMM!!! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!! Awsome!

The races are a little long thou.  btw, the race is still on right?  Goodbye! Smiley Wink

I wish they'd add Circuit Gilles Villeneuve to GT5! Smiley Wink

That's one Nationwide race I always watch, even though I follow Sprint Cup more.

Message 11 of 12 (65 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3272 posts

Re: Watching Daytona 500 in Home?

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

I'm a big racing fan, or I should say used to be...

More an open wheel and "circuit" adept, I used to get up early morning to watch F1 qualification on saturday and races on sundays.

For a long time I tought Nascar was just about turning left... until I followed Jacques Villeneuve in it! WOW Those guys are crazy!!!

Anyways, I dont have much time for it now but if I could watch it with on home my girl who is a HUGE fan you can be sure we would be there. 

I played the Gran Turismo series (3,4,5) and in GT5 you could experience the "Nascar feel" even better feel than the Nascar official game. MAN!!! These car are HEAVY! Racing at those speed, inches aways from another... and that WEIGHT! Nothing to do with lightweigth open wheel...  ZZZOOOOMM!!! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!! Awsome!

The races are a little long thou.  btw, the race is still on right?  Goodbye! Smiley Wink

I wish they'd add Circuit Gilles Villeneuve to GT5! Smiley Wink

That's one Nationwide race I always watch, even though I follow Sprint Cup more.

You hit a soft spot here Smiley Happy I grew up near that circuit.

Salut Gilles Smiley Wink 

<edit> A little thougt for the spectators wounded yesterday as well as fo "uncle Jaccques" (Gilles brother and Jacques uncle) who was badly wounded last week in a terrible grand prix snowmobile race accident, at the venerable age of 59.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 12 of 12 (60 Views)