PlayStation Moderator
2920 posts

Re: Wardrobe/storage issues

Feb 23, 2013

Friendly reminder to keep all posts respectful and on-topic please! Thanks! Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 95 (351 Views)
Fender Bender
3271 posts

Feb 23, 2013

myalana wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

Well, since you asked for clarification, myalana, I will provide it.  My apologies if I mis-interpreted your intent.

I based the statement on Glasswalls quote - that "a few" users are experiencing issues.  Since the Community Managers have access to Home data and usage statistics that we as end users do not, I simply took him at his word, that the users experiencing the wardrobe/items problem was a small percentage of the overall user base.

It's pretty evident by reading this forum that people do not come here and talk about how things are going right very often, the majority of threads are discussing problems such as this one with our items.  That makes it difficult to generalize what is going on with the overal user base based on what we see here.

I do (and we as HCVs do) wish everything worked for everyone correctly.  I'm admittedly frustrated by the problem too.  

I hope that clears it up.  Smiley Happy

Apology accepted Tease3211. I am quite familiar with GW's statement as I posed the initial question and it was a reply to me that contained the quote you provided. I wonder just HOW such a determination was made. In my estimation, people tend to focus on the positive when they aren't afflicted with such issues. It's been over a week since we had any official word on these benign problems. I believe a "few" of us might appreciate an update. I see there was time to post a New Content thread. One might surmise that such promotion is more important to management  than any issues that the minority might face. Any thoughts on this?

Well, as of now we can only hope that the software team is working on the issue and when they come up with a solution our community managers will share it.  Glasswalls is not directly involved with the core programming, so it's likely he's waiting for more information to share himself.  In the mean time, business must carry on.

The community here has asked over and over for more input from GW, and the preview threads are one way of him providing that.  Based on the ammount of kudos he receives, I think it's a step in the right direction, at least.

The Digital Platforms (of which Home is just one of many parts) managers, along with the rest of Playstation management have had thier  hands full lately with the PS4 annoucement.  As I'm sure you can imagine they've been very busy with a lot of extra work beyond thier normal duties these last few weeks!  Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 95 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

My wardrobe is a MESS and I have lots of friends who are having this problem. The issue is fairly wide spread for those who spend money. The fact of the matter is there should not have been an issue if properly tested. I find it hard to understand why saving to the server is so difficult.

There is NO EXCUSE for this at this point plain and simple. We have been asking for wardrobe relief for years. Instead we get issues that make matters worse and wardrobe updates based on Plus membership no less. I spent 15 minutes waiting for my 24 saved avatars to load this morning.

Let's not sugar coat the problem or the severity of it please. 

Hopefully the fix is coming soon. 

Message 23 of 95 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:
Well, as of now we can only hope that the software team is working on the issue and when they come up with a solution our community managers will share it.  Glasswalls is not directly involved with the core programming, so it's likely he's waiting for more information to share himself.  In the mean time, business must carry on.

The community here has asked over and over for more input from GW, and the preview threads are one way of him providing that.  Based on the amount of kudos he receives, I think it's a step in the right direction, at least.

The Digital Platforms (of which Home is just one of many parts) managers, along with the rest of Playstation management have had thier  hands full lately with the PS4 annoucement.  As I'm sure you can imagine they've been very busy with a lot of extra work beyond thier normal duties these last few weeks!  Smiley Happy

If so, and Sony values Home as a viable product and values their customers that use it, then they should have a dedicated representative, and not one that is "busy doing other things unrelated to Home".  The fact that SCEA only has ONE single official tech support for a service Sony claims has over 27 million registered users, really shows how little Sony values Home or its customers who use it and have problems with it.

As for wanting better communication, if you recall that was regarding addressing issues with the service.  The only noticeable change is that GW spends more time promoting new content, not addressing issues with the service that are having a significantly negative impact on his customers.  In fact, despite all the problems being reported, the last he has even made any kind of acknowledgement of them was a week ago.

As far as being busy with PS4 related business... Considering all the speculation that Home wont be on the PS4 due to the lack of any mention of Home in the lengthy announcement and in any of the follow up press releases from Sony, and no mention about it from any of the developers that currently support Home, most of which were not even listed as developers currently supporting content for the PS4.

Considering all of that, if I were the community manager, I guess I would take a few seconds of my day to post an official statement reassuring my customers that Sony does in fact have plans to continue to support Home on the PS4, or even on the PS3 well into the future.  Instead, the silence just creates even more negative speculation, frustration, and anger.

If he has been told not to say anything, that just suggest to me that either Sony truly does not understand customer relations, or that they know that the truth about Home's future is going to be met with a great deal of disappointment and anger.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 24 of 95 (303 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

The community here has asked over and over for more input from GW, and the preview threads are one way of him providing that.  Based on the ammount of kudos he receives, I think it's a step in the right direction, at least.

Yes. We should be happy with whatever they deem fit to tell us in other words. I didn't ask that GWs himself answer to the community....such interaction does not seem to be his forte. I agree it's very kind of him to continue to promote new items and provide that service to the rest of us. Thank you for speaking on behalf of Sony management to us the community. That was very considerate of you.

As for kudos, oh yes they are very serious business. I myself often judge the worth of one's posts upon the number of kudos they have received. I'm certain the entire community is more than happy to wait until the fanfare from the PS4 announcement has died down to hear anything regarding the problems that update 1.75 has introduced. Any ideas when that might be?Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 95 (302 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

...  It should be fixed soon.  I hope.

Message 26 of 95 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Feb 24, 2013

personally, I've only regained access to my wardrobe and furniture this week. and it stopped going into storage wednesday ... wouldn't even load since 1.75 ... and the stores? forget about it, as nothing still loads. As far as friends and clubmates are concerned, most affected are experiencing the neverending storage shuffle (and that includes a couple HCV's)

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 27 of 95 (248 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Feb 24, 2013

in pshome, wardrobe, warzone has no difference!

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 28 of 95 (227 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2013
My storage keeps resetting and everything that I put in storage gets removed and it puts all of my newer stuff in there. Very annoying.
Message 29 of 95 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Feb 24, 2013

myalana wrote:

Apology accepted Tease3211. I am quite familiar with GW's statement as I posed the initial question and it was a reply to me that contained the quote you provided. I wonder just HOW such a determination was made. In my estimation, people tend to focus on the positive when they aren't afflicted with such issues. It's been over a week since we had any official word on these benign problems. I believe a "few" of us might appreciate an update. I see there was time to post a New Content thread. One might surmise that such promotion is more important to management  than any issues that the minority might face. Any thoughts on this?

:^/ I have a thought.

Consider that even the most popular item sold on Home has likely been purchased by fewer than fifty percent of Home's population. Most Home denizens haven't crossed the penny gap and spent anything. This means that all (or at least most) of Home's income comes from the minority of Home members who actually spend money. Indeed, the more money we're speaking of, the fewer people there are who spend that much.

This gives Sony a financially vested interest in pleasing that minority, instead of dismissing them.

Message 30 of 95 (170 Views)